• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Walk on road, hm? Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later
    get squish just like grape. Here, karate, same thing. Either you karate do "yes" or karate do "no." You karate do "guess sojustly get squish just like grape. Understand?

poolingmyignorance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    houston
    It may have changed since I last met with anybody who trained it. But at the time and that was a few years back most classes where occasional seminars, where there would be one instructor who had military experience giving an abridged course over the course of 4-6 hours on a weekend. Now maybe they have regular school that train weekly. And maybe "a bad plan" is being a bit harsh.. but most people don't need to go to a seminar to learn to kick somebody in the groin or to poke their eyes. Keeping in mind that maiming somebody isn't necessarily the best idea intodays sue happy society. Your alot more likely to get off just shooting them if your in that much danger. You have to be able to show reasonable need for the levell of violence. Military style fighting is intended for the battle field and in most case such as basic training where they teach these type tactics its only a few days of it every so offten.
    So how SHOULD you train..I well me as you've named me "tough guy" (love to be an internet bad ass, whatever that is) would say. Train offten consitantly using techniques that can be applied against a resisting opponent. You don't have to have an answer to every answer to win a fight, as self defense is very situationally specific. So keeping that in mind your curriculum of techniques should be well honed, and percise for each situation with several slight veriances as nothing ever works as it does on paper. Which brings me full circle, if you can't practice it full speed aginst a resisting opponent your really just theorticly prepared and when the time comes you hope it works.
    I'd offer my creditials, but you've already decided I was an internet tough guy so what differnce would it make. These are just my opinions. Don't get butt hurt bro.

poolingmyignorance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    houston
    Hey, you're the one who came off sounding like Chuck Norris, lol.[/QUOTE

That was never my intent. It's just most the Krav Maga I've seen is taught at weekend seminars. Not saying whats taught isn't useful at all, but it's not a serious regimine. Thats all, your hand to hand self defense should be practiced a little more offten than trips to the gun range.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Sounds like you're 20 yrs. behind the curve. There are several full time KM schools in town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom