• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    I actually assume that the real reason is due to the numerous states that are going all lone wolf style in their infringement of the second amendment. I just think it is flawed to think that the Fed's aren't just as bad.

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    Any chance that it really is more a procedural than a principle thing?

Maybe the way that the Feds and Military acquire arms actually makes it easier to control - central purchasing, delivery to an armory, etc.

Whereas, in many places cops are allowed to order and buy their own weapons (at least that is what I have read) and they would just send in a letter "attesting" to the fact that they are cops. If that is the case, L/T could indeed be wide open to all sorts of problems for delivering something to an FFL that gets into the "wrong" hands because of an error on the part of an L/T employee (or a "fraud" by a purchaser).

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    There isn't a Federal ban in place yet. If one comes I bet the policy will change.

Ah, thank you. This makes a lot of sense. In that case, BRAVO.

how do you know it's a lot of money? Do you know the profits generated by Fed/mil contracts?

Obviously not. It should also be obvious that my response in under the condition of the information provided to me. Regardless if it is a lot of money, or a little generated, it is still money on top of what could be generated by the police, so my comment is relevant.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I actually assume that the real reason is due to the numerous states that are going all lone wolf style in their infringement of the second amendment. I just think it is flawed to think that the Fed's aren't just as bad.

I think you are on point here. Its not that he is trying to punish anyone. But has identified the areas with restrictions on purchases by individuals, and is extending that restriction to LEOs too. So unless you are in CA and some of the other places, it doesn't even apply. So if you live in Texas, no need to get your panties in a wad.

johnpuga1982

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    San Antonio
    Many local leo's have to purchase their own equipment that is then used to protect the public at no expense to the tax payer. As an example, even in Draconian places like CA, if one gets a letter from work they can purchase a AR15 patrol rifle for use at work. The public benefits from those purchases.

One could also argue that those same rifles being purchased by LEO are also being used against innocent citizens. For example, the three innocent victims who have been shot in the search for Christopher Dorner.

Last edited:

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    LaRue Tactical is not alone. Today Olympic Arms released this:

Press Release: Olympic Arms, Inc. Announces New York State Sales Policy

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
    Olympic Arms is a staunch believer in and defender of the Constitution of the United States, and with special attention paid to the Bill of Rights that succinctly enumerates the security of our Divinely given Rights. One of those Rights is that to Keep and Bear Arms.

Legislation recently passed in the State of New York outlaws the AR15 and many other firearms, and will make it illegal for the good and free citizens of New York to own a large selection of legal and safe firearms and magazines. We feel as though the passage of this legislation exceeds the authority granted to the government of New York by its citizens, and violates the Constitution of the United States, ignoring such SCOTUS rulings as District of Columbia v. Heller - 554, U.S. 570 of 2008, McDonald v. Chicago - 561 U.S. 3025 of 2010, and specifically the case of United States v. Miller – 307 U.S. 174 of 1939.

Due the passing of this legislation, Olympic Arms would like to announce that the State of New York, any Law Enforcement Departments, Law Enforcement Officers, First Responders within the State of New York, or any New York State government entity or employee of such an entity - will no longer be served as customers.

In short, Olympic Arms will no longer be doing business with the State of New York or any governmental entity or employee of such governmental entity within the State of New York - henceforth and until such legislation is repealed, and an apology made to the good people of the State of New York and the American people.

If the leaders of the State of New York are willing to limit the right of the free and law abiding citizens of New York to arm themselves as they see fit under the Rights enumerate to all citizens of the United State through the Second Amendment, we feel as though the legislators and government entities within the State of New York should have to abide by the same restrictions.

This action has caused a division of the people into classes: Those the government deems valuable enough to protect with modern firearms, and those whose lives have been deemed as having less value, and whom the government has decided do not deserve the right to protect themselves with the same firearms. Olympic Arms will not support such behavior or policy against any citizen of this great nation.

Olympic Arms invites all firearms manufacturers, distributors and firearms dealers to join us in this action to refuse to do business with the State of New York. We must stand together, or we shall surely fall divided.

Sincerely,

Brian Schuetz
    President
    Olympic Arms, Inc.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    So they won't sell to the local LEO's, yet they still will sale to the feds
    thumbsup2.gif
    ? That is pretty lame! I didn't see the local's sending guns to Mexico. Many local leo's have to purchase their own equipment that is then used to protect the public at no expense to the tax payer. As an example, even in Draconian places like CA, if one gets a letter from work they can purchase a AR15 patrol rifle for use at work. The public benefits from those purchases. Sure people can whine that they can't buy one, and it's not fair or whatever, but you know what, our street cops need the gear to do the job w/o all the political nonsense. Last time I checked it is also the LOCAL sheriff's that are making the stand against pending Draconian gun legislation. But hey, if they want to drive away the LEO market, have at it. There are other vendors out there. My $800 Bushmaster does the job just fine.

In places like CA, a LEO gets a letter from work to purchase the rifle. It goes through an FFL. When the LEO quits or requires, he has to surrender the gun to work w/o being reimbursed.

Because the Feds don't have an Assault Weapons Ban or mag cap restrictions in place like certain states do. Not only that, the bulk of their government sales are to military contracts and are you really gonna blame LaRue for not hamstringing our troops?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    LaRue Tactical is not alone. Today Olympic Arms released this:

Press Release: Olympic Arms, Inc. Announces New York State Sales Policy

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
    Olympic Arms is a staunch believer in and defender of the Constitution of the United States, and with special attention paid to the Bill of Rights that succinctly enumerates the security of our Divinely given Rights. One of those Rights is that to Keep and Bear Arms.

Legislation recently passed in the State of New York outlaws the AR15 and many other firearms, and will make it illegal for the good and free citizens of New York to own a large selection of legal and safe firearms and magazines. We feel as though the passage of this legislation exceeds the authority granted to the government of New York by its citizens, and violates the Constitution of the United States, ignoring such SCOTUS rulings as District of Columbia v. Heller - 554, U.S. 570 of 2008, McDonald v. Chicago - 561 U.S. 3025 of 2010, and specifically the case of United States v. Miller – 307 U.S. 174 of 1939.

Due the passing of this legislation, Olympic Arms would like to announce that the State of New York, any Law Enforcement Departments, Law Enforcement Officers, First Responders within the State of New York, or any New York State government entity or employee of such an entity - will no longer be served as customers.

In short, Olympic Arms will no longer be doing business with the State of New York or any governmental entity or employee of such governmental entity within the State of New York - henceforth and until such legislation is repealed, and an apology made to the good people of the State of New York and the American people.

If the leaders of the State of New York are willing to limit the right of the free and law abiding citizens of New York to arm themselves as they see fit under the Rights enumerate to all citizens of the United State through the Second Amendment, we feel as though the legislators and government entities within the State of New York should have to abide by the same restrictions.

This action has caused a division of the people into classes: Those the government deems valuable enough to protect with modern firearms, and those whose lives have been deemed as having less value, and whom the government has decided do not deserve the right to protect themselves with the same firearms. Olympic Arms will not support such behavior or policy against any citizen of this great nation.

Olympic Arms invites all firearms manufacturers, distributors and firearms dealers to join us in this action to refuse to do business with the State of New York. We must stand together, or we shall surely fall divided.

Sincerely,

Brian Schuetz
    President
    Olympic Arms, Inc.

Seriously doubt any departments buy something as low-grade as an Oly. Then again, I'm seeing cops in CA running around with Mini-14s, so who knows?

Top Bottom