• ...and so much more!
  • clonies

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Houston
    So they won't sell to the local LEO's, yet they still will sale to the feds
    thumbsup2.gif
    ? That is pretty lame! I didn't see the local's sending guns to Mexico. Many local leo's have to purchase their own equipment that is then used to protect the public at no expense to the tax payer. As an example, even in Draconian places like CA, if one gets a letter from work they can purchase a AR15 patrol rifle for use at work. The public benefits from those purchases. Sure people can whine that they can't buy one, and it's not fair or whatever, but you know what, our street cops need the gear to do the job w/o all the political nonsense. Last time I checked it is also the LOCAL sheriff's that are making the stand against pending Draconian gun legislation. But hey, if they want to drive away the LEO market, have at it. There are other vendors out there. My $800 Bushmaster does the job just fine.

In places like CA, a LEO gets a letter from work to purchase the rifle. It goes through an FFL. When the LEO quits or requires, he has to surrender the gun to work w/o being reimbursed.

Glad someone else feels like I do.
    Target Sports

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    So they won't sell to the local LEO's, yet they still will sale to the feds
    thumbsup2.gif
    ? That is pretty lame! I didn't see the local's sending guns to Mexico. Many local leo's have to purchase their own equipment that is then used to protect the public at no expense to the tax payer. As an example, even in Draconian places like CA, if one gets a letter from work they can purchase a AR15 patrol rifle for use at work. The public benefits from those purchases. Sure people can whine that they can't buy one, and it's not fair or whatever, but you know what, our street cops need the gear to do the job w/o all the political nonsense. Last time I checked it is also the LOCAL sheriff's that are making the stand against pending Draconian gun legislation. But hey, if they want to drive away the LEO market, have at it. There are other vendors out there. My $800 Bushmaster does the job just fine.

In places like CA, a LEO gets a letter from work to purchase the rifle. It goes through an FFL. When the LEO quits or requires, he has to surrender the gun to work w/o being reimbursed.

Nope, that's not part of the law. The AG wound up reversing his incorrect opinion after enough LE and their unions howled about it.

Having lived in CA, and having been face to face with an armed gang member (the same one the police there worry about) with nothing but a 3" blade in my pocket, I find it hard to be sorry for those same police who wouldn't have hesitated to drag me off to jail if I'd got caught carrying a gun. I find it very hard when officers there who claim to be 2A friendly will defend enforcement of PC 12031(e), and even talk about how they'd do it themselves.

No, this isn't about jealousy. This is about the true purpose of the 2nd Amendment. That the people be as well-armed as the state. If the state wants my AR, then every state employee needs to turn theirs in. If the state wants my magazines >10 round capacity, then every agent of the state needs to turn theirs in.

People who live in these neighborhoods face the same exact threats that the police do, but they don't have the luxury of going home from it. They go home to it! They don't have someone buying them body armor, training and good guns. They're on their own.

So don't give me that holier-than-thou crap, please.

Top Bottom