• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    From an Leo perspective, yes. Subduing a unruly suspect, animals is a great point, etc., but I'm talking about civilian self defense. Unintended back spray, ineffective against determined attackers, cheap activation switches causing malfunction, etc.

Just what I've heard is all. I've been sprayed by back spray and while it's very painful, I can't say it would be debilitating if I were attacking someone half my size kinda thing (women's defense).

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    From an Leo perspective, yes. Subduing a unruly suspect, animals is a great point, etc., but I'm talking about civilian self defense. Unintended back spray, ineffective against determined attackers, cheap activation switches causing malfunction, etc.

Just what I've heard is all. I've been sprayed by back spray and while it's very painful, I can't say it would be debilitating if I were attacking someone half my size kinda thing (women's defense).

How did that even happen?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I have actually defused a situation where a guy was threatening me by pulling out OC. I told him one more step and he would get a face full. He continued with his verbal assault, but didn't come closer and departed the area pretty quickly. That was as a "civilian". ;)

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX

A gust in the wrong direction, and you are in the direct line of travel. It happens.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.
    Exactly. Wasn't even really that strong a wind gust, honestly, but it was enough to bring a cloud back.
    I have actually defused a situation where a guy was threatening me by pulling out OC. I told him one more step and he would get a face full. He continued with his verbal assault, but didn't come closer and departed the area pretty quickly. That was as a "civilian". ;)
    But if you were a 5'5", 100 lbs. woman would that have had the same outcome?

It's a serious question as I've heard great things and bad things, both sides from reputable, experienced sources.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring

Pepper-Spray-Attack_zpsffvcgzki.gif

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Exactly. Wasn't even really that strong a wind gust, honestly, but it was enough to bring a cloud back.

But if you were a 5'5", 100 lbs. woman would that have had the same outcome?

It's a serious question as I've heard great things and bad things, both sides from reputable, experienced sources.

Bad guys know OC hurts, regardless of who sprays it. ;)

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    People are affected by it differently. When I went though the OC certification and got hosed it didn't start really affecting me until I got the redman. After some water washing it out I was back running one of the bags in about 10 minutes. My skin burned but my eyes were good to go.

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    Out here in California we're limited to the small cans. I carry a small (2oz) can of FOX labs with a stream nozzle on it. I've still got a larger MKIV can from First Defense from when I worked on the base's Aux. Security Forces floating around here somehwere,.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    If you spray a person with OC he is going to either lose the desire to fight or fight at a diminished capacity. It's up to the user to get some training and deploy the OC correctly.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    And carry stream not fog! Fog is only good if you work in a prison

Are there streamers in the small version? When I am walking the Mountain Dog only I carry a little spray on a strap on my wrist like a whistle, but the big streamer when I am walking both.*

*Pro-tip as a dog found out last week if you run up and stand over a fat antisocial wiener dog while its owner and the big dog are distracted by something else, don't put your neck by the wiener dog's snout or it will chomp down like a lion trying to drag down a wildebeast...SURPRISE!!!!:evil:

Wiener dogs. nature perfect predator.
    images

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    It seems that pugs do the same thing. Latch onto the neck and never let go lol. My mom and dad have pugs. Everyone has done that when a larger dog tried to be aggressive with them. Latch the neck and then get swung around while the larger dog tries to figure out how to get this mini demon off lol

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Bad guys know OC hurts, regardless of who sprays it. ;)
    So very true. The threat of a face full of ouch works very well on anyone who has ever been sprayed with it. Frat boys on the other hand watch too many tough guy movies and think they will take a spray, lick their lips, and deliver a Steven Segal style ass kicking to the sprayer. Kind of funny when reality, so to speak, hits them in the face.;)

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Are there streamers in the small version?

https://www.amazon.com/SABRE-RED-Pe...1467165807&sr=8-2&keywords=sabre+red+keychain

So very true. The threat of a face full of ouch works very well on anyone who has ever been sprayed with it. Frat boys on the other hand watch too many tough guy movies and think they will take a spray, lick their lips, and deliver a Steven Segal style ass kicking to the sprayer. Kind of funny when reality, so to speak, hits them in the face.;)

+1

Sprayed a drunk job core kid once. Never knew a human could scream like that.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Oh I see. It's like racking the shotty, they'll just see it and run.

Top Bottom