• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    ... I'll make it look like this person moved to the other side of the country :D
    Comments like that are invaluable - be VERY careful what you and others say. Based on this, the person you speak of may have moved out of state but likely a neighboring or otherwise nearby/similar state. Very small pieces of information add up quickly.

I've often thought about what it would take to fall off the radar completely, and how those who try are found. It can be done, but it certainly wouldn't be easy. The problem most people have is quite understandable - not wanting to sever ties with their previous lives. To truly disappear, you would quite literally have to instantly and with no regret become a different person. That's not something most people would ever be willing or able to do.
    DK Firearms

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Part of my plan would most definitely include targeting the stalker - in an appropriate manner commensurate with the risk he/she poses.

No more stalker, no more problem.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    You didn't mention the scenario. Is this a woman trying to avoid a psycho-freak ex-boyfriend or a dead-beat trying to avoid paying their bills? I'll offer advice for the former but the latter is on their own.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Accurint was sweet. Expensive for the collection agency but wow. I've not touched or seen it in 6 years and can imagine what it is today is scarry.
    I apologize if this sounds harsh but our experiences are, obviously, very different. IMO, Accurint was never sweet and hasn't become scary in the last 6 years. With full-bore federal LE access, anyone with a conscience considered Accurint scary as hell a lot longer than 6 years ago.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Thanks for the replies so far guys-great info! I'm temporarily without my Tapatalk, so I have to keep this short until tonight when I get to my computer.

It's a female avoiding a male that she dated for a very short period of time. Dude found out she was going to someone else (she stopped dating him after finding out he was married with kids) so then the harassment started. He was her defense tactics instructor, so she's a little more worried since she knows what he's capable of. He also owns his own private investigations/security company and works all over the US and UK. He has been kicked from working at the school as a defense tactics instructor once she let the school know what he was doing. He did a short bit of time for harassing her (charges were along the lines of stalking, threat to kidnap, threat to rape, etc), but posted bail. Also, his wife and kids didn't find out what he was doing until the court date. So he lost his gig at the school and is going through a divorce. I only bring that up because to me-it would be logical that he would be even more driven to do whatever he's going to do now that in his eyes she has begun to mess up his world. I could just be over thinking that part. If he keeps up with it, I've thought about getting his info and what he's doing out to a few facebook groups with large military/vet followings with the hopes that word will spread to the private investigating/protection services community. The guy doesn't have a FB page, but he does have a linkdin. So I don't really know how to call him out other than those groups.

She did the out of state move purely based on timing. She was already planning on moving to Texas a few weeks before this all started happening. So it just worked out that way.

So-there's the background on what's going on. It seems like we have a few more experts in this field than I initially thought, so I figure it's easier to lay it out here than PM each of you.

Kaos

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2014
    Plano
    if he is known in the SPECOPS world, it wouldnt take long for word to spread to all those that frequent those pages to network out this wackjobs info. Quite a few FB pages alone, send them his info and they can make things happen. They dont want a bad apple ruining their image.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Find every forum, facebook page, anywhere he might be known. Even youtube. Anywhere embarassment or dishonesty would cost him. Nobody likes an idiot, even one good at what he does. Notify local law dnforcement about him and get it on record. If for no other reason than CYA. Sooner or later, if he keeps it up, he will make a mistake. Get all the info on him possible, be ready for thst mistake and nail him. Make life just as miserable for him. Or sit and wait.

from a non-recovering coffeeholic

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Maybe the dude just needs the shit kicked out of him.

I like the woods and swamp idea better. If he is crazy enough to go looking for her there, it wouldn't be that hard to make him disappear.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Thanks for the replies so far guys-great info! I'm temporarily without my Tapatalk, so I have to keep this short until tonight when I get to my computer.

It's a female avoiding a male that she dated for a very short period of time. Dude found out she was going to someone else (she stopped dating him after finding out he was married with kids) so then the harassment started. He was her defense tactics instructor, so she's a little more worried since she knows what he's capable of. He also owns his own private investigations/security company and works all over the US and UK. He has been kicked from working at the school as a defense tactics instructor once she let the school know what he was doing. He did a short bit of time for harassing her (charges were along the lines of stalking, threat to kidnap, threat to rape, etc), but posted bail. Also, his wife and kids didn't find out what he was doing until the court date. So he lost his gig at the school and is going through a divorce. I only bring that up because to me-it would be logical that he would be even more driven to do whatever he's going to do now that in his eyes she has begun to mess up his world. I could just be over thinking that part. If he keeps up with it, I've thought about getting his info and what he's doing out to a few facebook groups with large military/vet followings with the hopes that word will spread to the private investigating/protection services community. The guy doesn't have a FB page, but he does have a linkdin. So I don't really know how to call him out other than those groups.

She did the out of state move purely based on timing. She was already planning on moving to Texas a few weeks before this all started happening. So it just worked out that way.

So-there's the background on what's going on. It seems like we have a few more experts in this field than I initially thought, so I figure it's easier to lay it out here than PM each of you.

But judging by the little bit of information you told, I'd say the guy is probably a little coward and incapable of doing her any harm if she makes a public mockery out of his sorry ass.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    What tools does the stalker have at their disposal? Specifically, do they have LE-contract level access on Accurint and other such tools?
    Honestly, I have no clue about any of that. I'm guessing if he does it professionally, then he would. But again-not sure.
    My response would probably be the opposite of what most people are going to tell you. Instead of concentrating on lowering your profile I would take the approach of raising theirs.

I assume (perhaps wrongly) your friend is a woman. Use the PC aspects of bullying and violence against women to shine a glaring spotlight on the perp. Making them the hot potato. Remove their access to the resources to track you by pointing out their criminal behavior and potential to cause harm.

Criminals are successful when they can fly under the radar you need to increase the size of that blip on everyone's radar. Even crazy people have a sense of self preservation, show them there will be a price for their actions.

For instance you have a restraining order on this person. Let them put a tracking device on your car. They can track it straight to desk of the detective assigned to your case down at police headquarters.

I know, I'm too aggressive. Maybe it's time you stopped being so nice.
    It's kind of hard to be aggressive when he's in one state and can travel at a moments notice, and I'm in another state and don't have that luxury. If he ever finds himself in my backyard-then we'll handle that when the time comes. For now, I'd rather try and make her too difficult of a target for him to go after and he lose interest.

Might be time to go on the attack. Literally.

Obviously we don't have many details on the situation, and that is a good thing.

If this situation is as bad as you make it seem Jeremy, the stalkee has other options.

Run and hide isn't the first thing that pops into my mind.
    Well, like I said before-I don't really have the means to go track him down and confront him. If I ever find out that he's gone out of his way to come out here and harass her, I'll take that for what it is and handle it then.

Cell phones you pay by the month are probably going to be the only way to keep in touch. There are plenty of no-contract options though. If you think you've been compromised, switch numbers and phones.

The lesson is just stay the hell off social media or even if you do bother with social media keep it generic as possible or use if for false flag information. Hopefully that is not an issue for your friend, but if you're trying to stay unnoticed social media is bigger detriment than a help no matter how you use it.

Be careful sending digital pictures to family and friends. If it gets intercepted, some of them have metadata that may contain information about where the picture was taken.
    Can you do a trace on a phone number without a warrant? I've seen police do it when they have legitimate reason to suspect someones life is in danger, but that's the only way I've seen around the warrant. She keeps her GPS off on her phone, but I figured that would be enough. We can look into a new phone number and if it comes to it-exit from her phone plan early. She doesn't FB too much, and rarely ever posts any actual photo's that she hasn't pulled from the internet somewhere.

Find every forum, facebook page, anywhere he might be known. Even youtube. Anywhere embarassment or dishonesty would cost him. Nobody likes an idiot, even one good at what he does. Notify local law dnforcement about him and get it on record. If for no other reason than CYA. Sooner or later, if he keeps it up, he will make a mistake. Get all the info on him possible, be ready for thst mistake and nail him. Make life just as miserable for him. Or sit and wait.
    I've gone back and forth about seeing if we can get the warrant extended to Texas. Do you know if they do that? Maybe we'll have to go down to her local PD this week and have a talk with them.

Maybe the dude just needs the shit kicked out of him.

I like the woods and swamp idea better. If he is crazy enough to go looking for her there, it wouldn't be that hard to make him disappear.
    As much as I like this line of thought-it would be absolutely the wrong move for me to talk like that in public. Then, even if something happened to him accidentally, I could be put in the wrong light. Y'all can do the fantasizing for me. I gotta keep a straight nose on this.

But judging by the little bit of information you told, I'd say the guy is probably a little coward and incapable of doing her any harm if she makes a public mockery out of his sorry ass.
    That's what I'm hoping for. Make it difficult for him to track her (I don't think we can do impossible), and without completely revealing myself to him-at least let him know that she isn't in this alone anymore and he WILL be facing some heavy resistance if he keeps this up. I've given him my one and only warning to back off. Next time he harasses her, I think it will be time to go to social media.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    You can get a restaining order here, but that gives away her location. Check with locals leo to see if it extends here. Shut her phone off and remove the battery. Get a burn phone for calls she has to make with no GPS.

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Yes, I'm sorry-I thought I had put that in the first post. She moved here from another state. I figure Texas is big enough and she mentioned to him that she was moving to Texas anyways that it's not some ground breaking info to be letting out.

Top Bottom