• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    I tried my Mossberg Silver Reserve in it and it wouldn't work at all, its not meant for an over under, but meant for a pump action.
    Anyone know what a 'standard issue' LEO shotgun would be, if I do put this in the pickup then thats what I'll need to store in it.

i believe mossbergs 500 and rem 870s but i could be wrong
    ARJ Defense ad

Harley Rider 55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Swords are illegal knives, and not lawful to carry on or about your person if you are not on your own premises or premises under your control, or if you are not inside of or directly enroute to a motor vehicle that you own or is under your control.

I carry a sword in my pickup to my martial arts class all the time. I got pulled over once while the sword was in the back seat. The officer suggested I put it in a locked rifle case. I asked him if he thinks everyone going camping/hunting/hiking carries their long-bladed illegal hunting knife in a locked case. He replied that I had a valid point and we parted ways.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Oh for nice anecdotal fun, I got pulled over by a couple of state troopers yesterday. They got me for a missing front plate (tore the whole bracket off last week while mudding), but I have a sneaky suspicion they just wanted to know what a couple of white boys were doing in the black part of town with a loaded gun rack. Once they saw my CHL, found we were nice and cooperative, they wanted to talk about the nice old marlin I had on the rack. Didn't get a lick of trouble for anything but the missing plate.

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    My Tactical Mav 88 is under my fold down seats in a 40" case. Out of sight, out of mind. Put it under a customized bench seat.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    He's right on DPS has this thing with front plates. LOL! I got it once just had it in my window and he pulled me over on North IH 35 I was speeding and all he had a problem with was that plate. He started writing and I asked if I was getting a ticket he said "yes sir unless you can find a way to attach that plate in the next two minutes" I told I could. He said do it and wrote my friend a ticket for improper use of safety restraint or something of that nature. My friends seat belt was under his right shoulder in the passenger seat he said it was like not wearing a seat belt at all and kept writing. He was asleep when we got pulled over and the Trooper watched him put it under his arm but that wasn't and still isn't my problem. LOL!

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    ALL new cars sold in Texas come with the means to mount a front plate. It may not be the most attractive, but it works. It is illegal to sell a new car in Texas w/o the ability to mount a front plate. Most people who buy these high end sports cars chose not to mount the front LP because of the ugly factor.

Oh, and Big. There are some real feather legged officers out there that will write you for any infraction. Improper safety restraint useage? WTF is that. There is a part of the law that says the seat belt must be used in accordance with the instructions from the manufacturer, but OMG?!!! You actually have nothing better to do than write a ticket for that? That is hungry for stats. As far as the front license plate goes, if the officer uses a laser for speed detection I can see why he might stop you for that. The laser targets the reflective surface of the front plate. Many people deliberately remove the front plate to reduce the chances of getting caught speeding. No front LP = reduced range with the laser.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Not my intent or point at all. we don't have infractions in Texas like some states do; that's all. ;)

Geez - lighten up! He was speaking in the general language context, NOT in legal definitions. This is friends sitting around a table shootin' the breeze, not a college exam! Unless it specifically confuses an issue, why interject with something - or at least try to make it a friendly observation, eh?

Top Bottom