• ...and so much more!
  • Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    HtUTm.jpg

Yeah. It's poor judgement on their part to build it. We'd still be hypocrites to stop them from doing it, though.

drummingchevy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Houston
    I'm with CW. I believe that they have every right to build a "mosque" or "community center" there, assuming that it doesn't violate any local laws or restrictions. On the other hand, no one in their right mind would build "something" when the vast majority of the citizens (of the land where the building is to be built) are protesting that they don't build this "something." There is clearly a less-than-positive motive for building this "mosque" and I'm against it.

But I refuse to sign that petition on the grounds that they have the right to build that mosque in that area.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Historically, buliding a mosque has been used to show dominance and victory. Look in Europe, where Catholic Churches were torn down to build a Mosque to show victory over those people.

They may have a RIGHT to do it, but doing so show the REAL INTENT, which is to rub our noses in to what they did to us. So why let them do that?

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    No one is saying that it's NOT the law, dude...we are saying that we recognise WHY they are doing it, and it has nothing to do with needing another mosque in Lower Manhattan. If it were Christians trying to build a Baptist Church next to a site where we attcked THEM, do you think that there would be a LITTLE bit of an outcry from someone about it?

Just becuase something is in the right, does not MAKE it right.

And why is it we are NOW worried about "freedom of religion" in this country? We've not been real concerned with it up until now.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    quote(Just because something is in the right, does not MAKE it right.)quote

Exactly, I understand this is not in an area of where Muslims live mostly it would require a drive of 1-2 hours (so I've read) for attendance then why build it there simply a show of dominance nothing more nothing less, tolerance is fine and works if both parties work to show the same respect in this case we have opponents who only respect power and as of now they know our leaders will not stand with the American people's wishes.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    No one is saying that it's NOT the law, dude...we are saying that we recognise WHY they are doing it, and it has nothing to do with needing another mosque in Lower Manhattan. If it were Christians trying to build a Baptist Church next to a site where we attcked THEM, do you think that there would be a LITTLE bit of an outcry from someone about it?

People aren't exactly chomping at the bit to put up large churches in third world countries.

Just becuase something is in the right, does not MAKE it right.

Just because something is morally wrong does not mean that we should take it upon ourselves to disallow it and undo the fabric of our society.

And why is it we are NOW worried about "freedom of religion" in this country? We've not been real concerned with it up until now.

Who's worried?

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    If you're getting stirred up then it has nothing to do with anything that I say in this topic, West Texas. This country was founded on the principle of Freedom of Religion and we would be doing a disservice to OURSELVES if we didn't allow this community center to be built. What ultimately sends a message to our enemies? That they can fly hijacked planes into our buildings and kill our citizens and we'll alter our way of life to spite them? Or that we'll press on with being who we have always been?

Maybe you should be the one taking a long, hard look.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I might also add in response to your comment about not building churches where we have had our own conquests that every single church that has ever been built within the United States is a monument to Europe's conquest of the American Indian. Additionally, those third world countries that you pointed out that we aren't building churches in? They don't have the Freedom of Religion in those countries that Americans are afforded in our own.

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    Every time I hear or read some liberal puke say "It's their CONSTITUTIONAL Right" to build it there. Bull crapola.

It's been said several times, and the comparison made....

Where is the CONSTITUTIONAL Right of the people of New York to have their 2nd Amendment Right?????????????

When it comes to that RIGHT, Bloomerberg, Schummer, Gilebrand, and every other democrat in NY don't give a flying flip about RIGHTS.

In some respect I don't have any sympathy for New Yorkers. We all know where you can find "sympathy" if you are looking for it. They made their bed by electing and reelecting these liberal pukes. So in that vein, I say "BUILD IT, build that S-O-B and STFU".

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    I have already done so, and thus my comment about right not always being right.

If someone really took the time to understand the Islamic Faith, and looked at the history of the jihad they have been involved in over the past 1500 years, then you would know that what they are trying to do had NOTHING to do with religious freedom and VERYTHING to do with thumbing their noses at our freedoms. This has been the patern of this religiion for well over the 1500 year period I mentioned above.

Let's look at it another way.

The a group of religious have formed their own church, and this group of the KKK burns a building in New York that is used by Blacks for business purposes, but is also an icon among blacks everywhere. Now, 9 years later, the KKK wants to build a rec center for anyone and everyone to come to right next door to that building that those in their group burned down. What would be the reaction?

Now, I'm sure everyone here really believe that the Islamic faith is one of tolerance and forgiveness at least on the level of the KKK...so sure, let them build, why not.

CW, your comment about every church in America being a monument to the European Conquest of the American Indians? You have really got to be kidding me! There was no holly war going on in the way Europeans came to this country. There was not a total domination, forcing adoption of a religion or death. In NO way shape or form. Yet, that is what the Islamic faith TEACHES. Believe or DIE, and that MOST people are not even worthy to be given a CHANCE to beleive, just kill them, they are infidels.

Kinda makes a waiste of all the lives lost in the towers...and on the ground where you are now.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I have already done so, and thus my comment about right not always being right.

What's just (not building it) is not always the right decision to make... and though it does feel like an injustice against the many victims of 9/11, allowing it to be built sends a clear message that theses acts of terrorism will not affect who we are. I definitely understand where you're coming from but someone could just as easily say that the people who have given their lives in service to our country since 9/11 would not have wanted to see us change our way of life in the face of terrorism. I know I wouldn't.

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    So, what about the Greek Orthodox Church that was crushed by the towers falling and has been trying to rebuild (yes, I said REBUILD) ever since 911? They can't get permits because they want to build it higher than the 911 memorial. This mosque will be much taller than the proposed Greek Othodox Church and aparently the permit process has been rushed through. What's wrong with this picture?

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    the fact is, OUR GVNMNT/LIBTERDS/ATHIESTS and the COURTS seem to be slowly taking away and getting rid of our GODS!! ya know like no "In God We Trust", "One Nation Under God", "Pledge of Allegence", "Merry Christmas" etc!!!!! they've been slowly stripping away some of OUR RELIGEOUS traditions lately and then BAMM, OUR JACKA$$ POTUS JUMPS RIGHT IN THERE AND SUPPORTS THIS MOSQUE!! Our MORONIC POTUS DOESNT EVEN CELEBRATE ANY RELIGEOUS DAYS WE ALREADY HAVE that the previous Whitehouse occupiers used to observe, BUT YET HE'LL REMEMBER THE DAY OF MUSLIM WHATEVER yada yada yada!!! THIS MOTHER-F-CKER HAS GOT TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OUR GOD IT SEEMS IS NOT ALOUD ANYMORE BUT THEIR GOD IS????????

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    The United States Government has attacked churhch groups on our own soil, stripping them of their rights to BE a church, gone in and KILLED everyone on site...while these people never hurt ANYONE. Not ONE single person.

However...you left a religious group that is KNOWN to be ANTI-AMERICAN CONSTITUTION want to build a monument to their brazen attack and killing of the infidel on our soil, and you want to defend them.

I'm sorry, CW, but you are as out of touch with reality as your hero and leader POTUS.

stainone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    temple,texas
    Scalping is the act of removing another person's scalp or a portion of their scalp, either from a dead body, or a living person.
    Scalping is applied to provide a portable proof or trophy of prowess in war.

Top Bottom