• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I thought we are supposed to be a nation of laws? I fully realize that Islam by it's very nature is at war with anyone who isn't one of them, but if they are operating within the law it would be hypocritical to block the mosque. It also opens the door for someone doing it to you. It's like the gun owners who are against "assault rifles". How they can't see that the contradictions in laws they make could be used against them as well is bewildering. You have to take some of the bad in order for the good to shine through...

There is also the fiasco with the Mormon sect just south of where I live...all they did was marry young girls
    As a father, this statement disgusts me...
    Lynx Defense

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    if we tried to build a christian center and church in an islamic country it would be bombed......yeah,islam is so tolerant. they've had it out for western culture for a LONG time,too bad the pederast muhammad invented islam and banned alcohol.i'm sure the arabs would be less dangerous as drunken tribespeople....unfortunately now they have something insane to believe in.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Clockwork said:
    That aside, we weren't attacked by Islam, we were attacked by terrorists. It isn't the same thing.

It is the same thing. The people who sent suicidal idiots over here and killed inocent people want to build a trophy on that spot to remind the world that they're taking over. One more little jab as if the killings weren't enough. And you take their side every time. What does that say about you?

This statement right here just shows the ignorance and the Islamophobia of the people that are against the construction of this community center. I'm not taking "their side" I'm taking the side of the Constitution of the United States of America. I am taking the side of the principles upon which this country was founded. No one is saying that Islam is a tolerant religion. But why should we stoop to that level of intolerance by blocking the construction of a Muslim community center? Do two wrongs make a right?

I really like you guys a lot but some of you truly disgust me as fellow Americans in this thread. What a bunch of hateful un-American bull**** in this thread. It makes me sad. I'll just leave you guys to it, then. I can't stand to see our country's ideals rot from the inside out.

MAJIK_BONE_77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Nowhere
    I have to agree with CW on this one, building this Mosque is offensive, unwise, not conducive to tolorence, a slap in the face to everyone in America & just plain stupid, but it is not something that should be forceably stopped in anyway, wether u like it or not it is their constitutional right and we just have to deal with it. We can only hope that the people in charge smarten up and change their mind about building there because they know this will do nothing but cause problems. We can only hope.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    I thought we are supposed to be a nation of laws? I fully realize that Islam by it's very nature is at war with anyone who isn't one of them, but if they are operating within the law it would be hypocritical to block the mosque. It also opens the door for someone doing it to you. It's like the gun owners who are against "assault rifles". How they can't see that the contradictions in laws they make could be used against them as well is bewildering. You have to take some of the bad in order for the good to shine through...

As a father, this statement disgusts me...

The quote was meant to highlight was happened to "relious groups" whose actions were in direct conflict with Law, as we have seen out of the Islamic faith.

Do they have the LEGAL RIGHT to build what they want, where they want? Yes, they do...Should they do it? No. It's a slap in the face of those killed by Isamic radicals and whose ONLY reason for killing was because ISLAMIC LAW told them to.

chiefglocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Texas
    HtUTm.jpg

Yeah. It's poor judgement on their part to build it. We'd still be hypocrites to stop them from doing it, though.

No doubt about it. If they are not allowed to build the mosque then it would be against the principals that this country was built. But there are already 100 mosque in NY and why this one is near the Ground Zero just to rub the salt to the wounds of the families whose near and dear ones died in the Islamic terrorist attack. Aren't those muslims living in the US Americans like the rest of us. If yes then they should have some sympathy towards the victim and families of Terror attacks.

I challenge the Emam who has raised 100 millions to build this mosque that if he is American and respect the American spirit the he should build a garden in the mosque dedicated to the victims of 9/11.

Can he do that ? Nooooooooo

If we cannot adapt to the change in the environment we will die like dinosaurs. 9/11 had not happened when our founding fathers wrote the constitutions. Post 9/11 although we cannot/ should not change those beautiful constitutions but our ( Americans) thinking should changed and adapt to the change around us quickly. I do not want my grand children to die a death of dinosaurs. Our future generations should not curse at us rather they should be thankful for our foresightedness.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    quote(If we cannot adapt to the change in the environment we will die like dinosaurs. 9/11 had not happened when our founding fathers wrote the constitutions. Post 9/11 although we cannot/ should not change those beautiful constitutions but our ( Americans) thinking should changed and adapt to the change around us quickly. I do not want my grand children to die a death of dinosaurs. Our future generations should not curse at us rather they should be thankful for our foresightedness.)quote

While I agree not sure how we can continue to adapt, we have a fast growing population large numbers from various third worlds who come to work rather then be part of America, our public schools do a poor job of teaching American history and appear on the surface to teach anti-American views.

I simply don't see how we can continue down this path while tolerance is good at some point you start to lose your identity, I don't have the answers however I do look for a breakdown in our country similar to the USSR unless we come together at some point it will be a lost cause.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    quote(If we cannot adapt to the change in the environment we will die like dinosaurs. 9/11 had not happened when our founding fathers wrote the constitutions. Post 9/11 although we cannot/ should not change those beautiful constitutions but our ( Americans) thinking should changed and adapt to the change around us quickly. I do not want my grand children to die a death of dinosaurs. Our future generations should not curse at us rather they should be thankful for our foresightedness.)quote

While I agree not sure how we can continue to adapt, we have a fast growing population large numbers from various third worlds who come to work rather then be part of America, our public schools do a poor job of teaching American history and appear on the surface to teach anti-American views.

I simply don't see how we can continue down this path while tolerance is good at some point you start to lose your identity, I don't have the answers however I do look for a breakdown in our country similar to the USSR unless we come together at some point it will be a lost cause.

I get what you mean but if we DO adapt then we will cease to be who we are and the idea that is America will go the way of the dinosaurs regardless.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Ok, let's add a new angle...the percetage of people who think that Obama is not a citizen and should not be president is 26%, and they are considered a fringe lunatic group.

The percentage of people that think they should be allowed to build the mosque is also 26%

SOOOO

If 26% is going to be labeled a lunitci fringe group that should not be taken seriously, sholdn't we also label the 26% who don't want this mosque built the same way?

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    The people that don't want this community center to be built do have a legitimate complaint and many people in this topic have made passionate arguments about why it shouldn't and I can't say that I don't agree with a lot of it on a personal level. I'd just like to touch on what I brought up in PMs with West Texas real quick, if I may: Justice and Morality.

This situation is a no win situation any way you look at it. What is just in this case is not the moral decision to make and the moral decision is unjust. Allowing the community center to be built would be the right thing to do based on who we are as a people... however, it would also be a dark day for all of the victims of 9/11. If we denied the construction of this community center it would do justice to the many people that died at Ground Zero but we would become hypocrites by doing so and lose a part of what makes us great as a nation.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    The RIGHT thing to do is to investigate the BACKING of this project, and the core values of Islam and deside rather this is truely a religious organization in the same along the lines of mainstream Christianity, or rather it is more in line with "relegious organizations" that have been deemed NOT to be because of the danger of the views they openly state to our country and our constitution...

And in the process, cut the Political Correctness CRAP.

JMHO...

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    I've never advocated blocking this mosque or "community center" being built. That being said, why will they not allow the Greek Orthodox Church be rebuilt? It was there long before even the towers were built. These folks have been trying to get this church rebuilt since 9/11. Why was the permit process for this mosque rushed? I smell a rat somewhere.

chiefglocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Texas

Oldguy my apolgies for not being straight and unequivocal in my previous posting. I was directing my comments about adaptation to change towards the liberals. What I actually meant was we have the finest constitutions in the world and Religious freedom is enshrined in it. But our country was never ever attacked directly prior to 9/11. Since then many things have been changed you know it , I know it. Hence we have to change our thought process accordingly. We need to be more vigilant towards every strategy of our enemy overt or hidden.

I was surprised some of us refuse to believe what is going on around us. They just want to live in their self created safe cocoon. We need to recognize the threat and act now otherwise our future generations will spit on our graves. That is what I meant by adapting to the change.

I agree we need better immigration laws and American history should be taught in the school. Influx of Third world population should be regulated scientically. There are demographers and sociologist and economist they need to think about the repercussion.

Main reason for the breaking of USSR is economic instability. It is possible if we head toward the international debt 3 plus trillion dollars at the same rate

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    quote(We need to be more vigilant towards every strategy of our enemy overt or hidden.)

10.4, I see now what you meant and agree 100%.

mrseatle

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2009
    SW Houston
    I believe the mohommadans are actually jews

They attended the annual jamborees for the first few hundred years then they kinda went their own way.

"Judaic influences in Islam abound, and there is a wealth of evidence to show the extent to which they have been deep-rooted and lasting. The very name for Islam's Scripture, Koran, while it may be a genuine Arabic word meaning "reading" or "reciting," is thought to be borrowed from the Hebrew or Aramaic mikra"

"Although proclaiming himself the Messenger of God and "the Seal of the Prophets," Muhammad did not intend to establish Islam as a new religion."

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    I believe the mohommadans are actually jews

They attended the annual jamborees for the first few hundred years then they kinda went their own way.

"Judaic influences in Islam abound, and there is a wealth of evidence to show the extent to which they have been deep-rooted and lasting. The very name for Islam's Scripture, Koran, while it may be a genuine Arabic word meaning "reading" or "reciting," is thought to be borrowed from the Hebrew or Aramaic mikra"

Yes, they're all Jews. Ex-Jews?

"Although proclaiming himself the Messenger of God and "the Seal of the Prophets," Muhammad did not intend to establish Islam as a new religion."

False prophet. You are right. He didn't but after he died they turned it into one to use for control. Lot should have stayed with his uncle. He would have been better off if he just learned to get along.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Actually, Abram was renamed Abraham by God, and he was the father of the Nation of Isreal, the Jewish Nation. His son was named Issac, but his bastard son was named Ishmael, which is where the Arabic nation came from...

That's the REAL short version...go read your Bible, starting in Genesis Chapter 15 and you can see how the story unfolds for yourself...and why there is the hatred between the Jews and the Arabs

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Actually, Abram was renamed Abraham by God, and he was the father of the Nation of Isreal, the Jewish Nation. His son was named Issac, but his bastard son was named Ishmael, which is where the Arabic nation came from...

That's the REAL short version...go read your Bible, starting in Genesis Chapter 15 and you can see how the story unfolds for yourself...and why there is the hatred between the Jews and the Arabs

You're right! Dog gone it! My memory is faulty. I sometimes get all of those folks mixed up. I have to remember to reference things before speaking.

mrseatle

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2009
    SW Houston
    But since Mohammeds wife was Jewish that should make all their descendants jews, by jewish law.

were talkin jews vs. muslims here, not jews vs. arabs...

Top Bottom