• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I figure we all have been there, eat something you would think that you are wise enough to know better then.

I bought some Dickie's Jalapeño & Cheese Sausage last week & Brookshire's. Ate it yesterday evening tonight it raised its stanking head. What overly salty crap sausage. High temperature process cheese need to be illegal. I cannot even remember what the little bit of meat tasted like other the jalapeño.
    Target Sports

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Anything east of the Mississippi.
    Horrendous vinegar based sauce.
    Ugh. Worse than Dickies.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    The location we went to closed soon afterward.

When I was in high school the band took a trip to a competition at Opryland in Nashville. I can actually brag that I have played on stage at the Grand Ole Opry because of it. But...the band directors in their "wisdom" decided that the only places they would stop to let the kids eat on the entire trip were Luby's and Furr's. I refused to eat anything I either couldn't identify or that looked like poorly prepared slop, so for the entire trip I subsisted on mixed fruit cups and steamed broccoli. It was the only time when I was a teenager I ever actually lost weight instead of gaining.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    There was an excellent cafeteria style restaurant in my childhood hometown called Bishop's. When I was a kid, my grandparents would take me there. Luby's was an attempt at nostalgia. Unfortunately, it was just a slap in the face confirming you can never go home again.

The band trip was my first experience with either cafeteria and...yeah, I never willingly went back after so many fails across five states (TX, LA, AR, MS, TN). This was in 1990.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    The worst excuse for something called chili is at Real Chili in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It looks like they took dog turds and put them in a blender. I don't know what that would taste like, but their crap might be worse.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin

xhss9.jpg

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    There is (or was in 2002) a Mexican restaurant on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh, Scotland.

Yeah, we didn't try it. One shudders to imagine what might lurk within.

Should of at least opened the door & see if it was authentic. I'm sure there's got to be a Mexican or 2 in Scotland. Some of the best Mexican food I've had are in little crappy looking buildings. In Houston I've ate at some sketchy looking taqarias that had some amazing food.

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    City Meat Market in Giddings. The flies liked it, but nobody else did.

Honorable mentions in the won't go back category:
    Zimmerhanzel's BBQ in Smithville. Closed now. Everybody was sick after eating there...
    Chisholm Trail in Lockhart.
    Nathan's BBQ in Brenham.
    Waller County Line BBQ.
    HEB True Texas BBQ.
    Hill Country BBQ in Hempstead.

Top Bottom