• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Jakashh, I read your link then had to go read more because about.com isnt a great source.

You have been open about your Muslim faith on here which puts you in a minority. Cool you are willing to do that.

Note I dont bash Muslims. Yes I wish you all would become Christians but I understand that there are not only different expressions of Islam but even those expressions have variations by local region.

How are you allowed to have your own "opinion" on homosexuality? Also this opinion you expressed in the stock "whatever they do in their bedroom..." answer. These folks arent keeping it to themselves. They are open and in public and unapologetic.

So I understand some Muslims have that view that what goes on in peoples homes is their business but how can you (per your faith) be OK with people being open about their sin, being unrepentant and our government encouraging their sin by legitimizing it by calling it "marriage"?

Im not lecturing you about your faith. I dont know a ton about Islam. You are open about it so im asking you these questions.

Ask me about the Christian view of homosexuality. I can answer plainly and my view isnt my own, it is simply what the Church believes. I dont get to make my own decision about it.

Love

BC
    Gun Zone Deals

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    That't true, however I was discussing it with someone who is devoted to their religion and my question was to him. That answer will vary by belief system.

Your comment still does not offer a logical reason for the gov to be involved in a personal matter between two people and possible their faith.

I agree with this. Gov't, religious affiliations, special interest groups and everyone else should butt-out of people's personal/private lives. On top of that, they should butt-out of our business affairs. If I refuse to bake a cake for someone that's my business... I just won't state the real reason why. One major reason is it could be bad for business (but I wouldn't admit that openly). I'm sure there are plenty other bakers more than willing to accept their business... just like I'm sure there are plenty of sympathetic flower arrangers, wedding planners and gown makers.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Jakashh, I read your link then had to go read more because about.com isnt a great source.

You have been open about your Muslim faith on here which puts you in a minority. Cool you are willing to do that.

Note I dont bash Muslims. Yes I wish you all would become Christians but I understand that there are not only different expressions of Islam but even those expressions have variations by local region.

How are you allowed to have your own "opinion" on homosexuality? Also this opinion you expressed in the stock "whatever they do in their bedroom..." answer. These folks arent keeping it to themselves. They are open and in public and unapologetic.

So I understand some Muslims have that view that what goes on in peoples homes is their business but how can you (per your faith) be OK with people being open about their sin, being unrepentant and our government encouraging their sin by legitimizing it by calling it "marriage"?

Im not lecturing you about your faith. I dont know a ton about Islam. You are open about it so im asking you these questions.

Ask me about the Christian view of homosexuality. I can answer plainly and my view isnt my own, it is simply what the Church believes. I dont get to make my own decision about it.

Love

BC

Which church, what denomination, what region? There's just as much variegation within Christian groups as there is among any others.

BTW, I'm not really a religious person anymore... not for a long time now. But I do very rarely catch myself praying when something is extremely important such as terrible human suffering. I guess old habits die hard.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013

Love

BC
    Good post BC. Despite assertions to the contrary by others, I don't bash Moslems either. I heartily bash radical Islam though and I take Moslems to task for their silence and reluctance to condemn the radical Islamists. Instead from them we get platitudes about how the radicals don't represent ALL Moslems and then they quote the Koran but quite noticeably leave out the parts which support what the radicals do. Then the silly crowd jumps in and tries to tell us that Christianity is just as bad as Islam. There is quite a cognitive disconnect in many.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Which church, what denomination, what region? There's just as much variegation within Christian groups as there is among any others.

BTW, I'm not really a religious person anymore... not for a long time now. But I do very rarely catch myself praying when something is extremely important such as terrible human suffering. I guess old habits die hard.

The universal Church is the body of all believers. (No not Unitarian Universalists)

Don't let past experiences with faith keep you away from it now. Its only natural to seek God. We are made that way. Glad to hear you pray. Its something I should do more.

Last edited:

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Universal Church. (No not Unitarian Universalists)

Don't let past experiences with faith keep you away from it now. Its only natural to seek God. We are made that way. Glad to hear you pray. Its something I should do more.
    Methodist here and I pray at least a dozen times a day.....mostly for America.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Methodist here and I pray at least a dozen times a day.....mostly for America.

Please don't be offended but I see this a lot. Why not pray for all countries and all peoples equally? I can't see how anything, in God's eyes, makes America or her people solely deserving of prayer.

Like I said before, I'm mostly non-religious these days. However, if the Lord were to appear before me and ask me to bake a cake... I'd sure as hell bake Him the finest cake ever seen... even if He asked me to bake it for a gay couple. The decision being solely my own though... nope. I wouldn't even give 'em a stale doughnut. Call me a jerk if you like.

EDIT: Not that I pray much, and might not ever again, I'm far more likely to pray for a gay couple than to bake them a cake because doing the latter insinuates I condone such behavior. I definitely do not.

Last edited:

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Please don't be offended but I see this a lot. Why not pray for all countries and all peoples equally? I can't see how anything, in God's eyes, makes America or her people solely deserving of prayer.
    That's a reasonable question. I have prayed for other countries too, such as Mexico, Canada, Israel, and Syria which are all countries where I have met good, decent people. I also prayed for Japan after the tsunami and the trapped miners in Chile (remember them?). I also pray for individuals such as Ben's sister and the niece of another TGT member. I mostly pray for America because it is where most of my friends and family live and recently has been in dire need of God's direction. I'm sure members of all faiths pray more for the country in which they live than for others though. There aren't enough hours in the day for me to pray for every country that needs it though, but I'm sure Godly people in those countries got it covered.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    There's the pot calling the kettle black.

Doesn't mean much coming from a guy with as little credibility as you. I imagine you think of me as a fifth columnist, too?

Yup, and here it is from Ash's link: In many Muslim countries, acting upon homosexual feelings -- the behavior itself -- is condemned and subject to legal punishment. The specific punishment varies among jurists, ranging from jail time or flogging, to the death penalty. In Islam, capital punishment is only reserved for the most grievous crimes which hurt society as a whole. Some jurists view homosexuality in that light, particularly in countries such as Iran, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, and Yemen.

Yes, and then you completely ignored the next sentence after your quote there which states:

"Arrest and punishment for homosexual crimes, however, are not frequently carried out. Islam also places a strong emphasis on an individual's right to privacy. If a "crime" is not carried out in the public sphere, it is largely overlooked as being a matter between the individual and God."

You just love picking out the bits that suit your agenda, don't you?

Love

BC

That is a complicated question that requires a complicated answer. I'll try to make it simple. I'm not a perfect Muslim, and am not as religious as many think I am, but at the same time, am not as inactive in faith as others.

I like to believe that in the grand scheme of things, the things I do that are deemed good by Islamic standards outweigh the things I do that aren't deemed good in Islam, such as my lack of disgust towards gays. As stated earlier, I believe that it's not my duty to judge them. I figure if God is merciful, he may look past it.

As for gay marriage, I don't believe that the government should have anything to do with it. Quite like YoungGun, I believe that the government should take it's hand out of marriage and let the Church or other religious organization handle it.

And I would like to hear what the Christian view is on homosexuality, regarding the treatment of homosexuals. I'm truly curious.

Good post BC. Despite assertions to the contrary by others, I don't bash Moslems either. I heartily bash radical Islam though and I take Moslems to task for their silence and reluctance to condemn the radical Islamists. Instead from them we get platitudes about how the radicals don't represent ALL Moslems and then they quote the Koran but quite noticeably leave out the parts which support what the radicals do. Then the silly crowd jumps in and tries to tell us that Christianity is just as bad as Islam. There is quite a cognitive disconnect in many.

How many Muslims have you personally spoken to about the topic to hear about whether or not they condemn the acts? Have you ever even inquired to see if Muslims condemn the acts? Do you expect every Muslim you pass on the street to apologize to you personally? Have you even inquired to see if anyone has condemned the attacks?

Here, let me make it easy for you, although knowing you, you'll probably just ignore this. Here's a link from the University of North Carolina which has plenty of cited quotes of Muslims condemning acts of terrorism.

Islamic Statements Against Terrorism ? Charles Kurzman

This might be HuffPo, but the guy has a damn good point.

Qasim Rashid: Do You Even Hear Muslims When We Condemn Violence?

As for you saying that we "Quote the Koran but quite noticeably leave out the parts which support what the radicals do", You've posted out of context Quranic verses many times now which supposedly support what the radicals do at first glance. However, I've brought you those same verses IN CONTEXT, which show that the verse does not really support what the radicals do, rather the opposite.

You, however, continue to ignore me or just let it go over your head and ignore when i put your BS quotes into context every single time. It's like Shutter Island with you, or arguing with a liberal. You just continue to ignore the facts and follow through with your own garbage.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Ash, I guess we have our own facts. Anyone who compares the ongoing mayhem in this world perpetrated in the name of Allah to the mayhem perpetrated in the name of the Christian God is a fool, a liar, or is willfully blind pure and simple. I understand your motivation to attack those who try to present the truth about Islam to their group, the last thing you want is the world's eyes open to the ultimate aim of Moslems: the world-wide Caliphate. According to a recent RAND Corp. study there has been a 58% increase in the number of radical Islamist groups over the last four years and a 300% jump in the number of attacks by Al Qaeda and affiliated groups. There were 950 attacks by radical Islamist groups in 2013 alone! How many attacks were there by organized, well funded violent Christian groups? Do you ever go to your mosque and rail against the violence perpetrated by your fellow Moslems? I doubt it. You simply attack a lone Christian on a website who is trying to open people's eyes to the truth. What a hero!

Savage805

blueberry in tomato soup
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    paradise, ATX
    Ash, I guess we have our own facts. Anyone who compares the ongoing mayhem in this world perpetrated in the name of Allah to the mayhem perpetrated in the name of the Christian God is a fool, a liar, or is willfully blind pure and simple. I understand your motivation to attack those who try to present the truth about Islam to their group, the last thing you want is the world's eyes open to the ultimate aim of Moslems: the world-wide Caliphate. According to a recent RAND Corp. study there has been a 58% increase in the number of radical Islamist groups over the last four years and a 300% jump in the number of attacks by Al Qaeda and affiliated groups. There were 950 attacks by radical Islamist groups in 2013 alone! How many attacks were there by organized, well funded violent Christian groups? Do you ever go to your mosque and rail against the violence perpetrated by your fellow Moslems? I doubt it. You simply attack a lone Christian on a website who is trying to open people's eyes to the truth. What a hero!

Numbers without references (links please)? Lone Christian? Truth? Thinly veiled threats toward other members?

It's just too much!

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    It's just too much!
    Y'know, if it ever gets too much for you, can easily and simply stop reading my posts. By-the-way, is the phrase "blueberry in tomato soup" referring to how a Liberal feels living in a Conservative state like Texas?

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Thanks for the link. And yes. You constantly attack people that have different opinions than yourself.
    I think you meant to say that I constantly correct people who have bone-headed notions of the world, didn't you?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BernierF350
    Top Bottom