• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    thats awesome my pops wont hand down anything lol ive been asking for his le sp1 and his mini 14 forever

Hahaha... I originally wanted a P22 as my first one but he was like well what about a .380 ACP... So then I looked at the Bersa Thunder... and I was like sure a .380 would be cool... So then he dug out the original box out of his cleaning case in the bottom of his closet and pulled this out and handed it too me...

He won't trust me with his tools though... I don't blame him... I only use them once and then I can't find the mother f*ckers...

Oh well... I'm not the mechanic type...

TXRanchMedic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bosque County
    I traded my Taurus PT22 for a Ruger Standard (Black Eagle) to a friend who was wanting to git rid of the Standard. He was looking for a MKII to work on, and thought this Standard would allow that. I like the Standard, but I need a mouse gun to replace it. I have ammo for 22lr & 22mag, 32ACP, 9mm, and 45ACP & 45LC. I want to avoid a caliber that I don't already have, and it will need to fit a big hand. Any suggestions to start with?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I saw a new Taurus PT738 TCP at a gun shop, $329 + tax but when I asked if they had any .380 ammo they not only didn't, but hadn't seen any in a long time. That will keep me from buying the gun, although it is a nice little pistol!

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I traded my Taurus PT22 for a Ruger Standard (Black Eagle) to a friend who was wanting to git rid of the Standard. He was looking for a MKII to work on, and thought this Standard would allow that. I like the Standard, but I need a mouse gun to replace it. I have ammo for 22lr & 22mag, 32ACP, 9mm, and 45ACP & 45LC. I want to avoid a caliber that I don't already have, and it will need to fit a big hand. Any suggestions to start with?

Scoot on over to the pocket carry thread under the CHL heading and look at the PF9 by KelTec that a lot of folks seem to pocket carry... Lightweight reliable 9mm that is flat but also doesn't skimp on handle room... I shot one and really like it... American made too...

streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Speaking of little guns, does anyone have experience with the Walther P22? My sister is looking for a .22 handgun and handled one of these at a recent gun show and liked it. Any comments or insight I can pass along to her? Thanks.

I bought a P22 right before my last deployment for my wife. She enjoyed shooting it but it HATED Winchester white box. Ate up all other types of ammo but frequently experienced FTF and james with the white box. Close to the size of their 9mm so it feels right...and shooting .22 is nice and cheap. Keep it clean.

Clay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    Texas
    I bought a Kahr PM40 for pocket carry. I tried to get the 200 rounds through it for the recommended break-in. It fits in the box very well.

I pocket carry a Ruger LCR.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I bought a P22 right before my last deployment for my wife. She enjoyed shooting it but it HATED Winchester white box. Ate up all other types of ammo but frequently experienced FTF and james with the white box. Close to the size of their 9mm so it feels right...and shooting .22 is nice and cheap. Keep it clean.

Mine really really likes Remington Gold...

streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Love this thread- I was looking for a pocket carry as well. I'm not the biggest guy (5"10, 170) so the smaller the better (without giving up ability to stop someone). After firing the LCR I am gonna check out the PF9 by KelTec. -Tanks

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    Love this thread- I was looking for a pocket carry as well. I'm not the biggest guy (5"10, 170) so the smaller the better (without giving up ability to stop someone). After firing the LCR I am gonna check out the PF9 by KelTec. -Tanks
    i love my new kel-tec p3at very much. most others agree for pocket carry keltec is the way to go

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    i love my new kel-tec p3at very much. most others agree for pocket carry keltec is the way to go

Sorry, I am one of those that just does not agree with that statement. I had a P3AT and hated it, it was the only gun I've ever gotten rid of. I like the concept of pocket pistols, but the Kel-Tec wasn't the one for me. Nasty to shoot and ammo was expensive and hard to find. There are better options out there, such as the new Taurus PT738 TCP (although the issue of finding .380 remains)...

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    To me, ammo supply shouldn't be a reason to like/dislike a gun, unless it's a really oddball caliber. My issue is more with polymers in a firearm. While I understand they should be fine, I'm still really uncomfortable with 'em.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Whereas I would normally agree, after owning a .380 and seeing the ridiculous prices wanted for what little ammo I could find; and the fact that there are much better options out there (the .380 is just a short 9m, and is even called a 9mm Kurz in Germany), it just doesn't compel me to buy one. Heck, I found .455 Webley easier and cheaper than .380!

I have several pistols that are polymer, to include a few compacts; and have yet to have any problems with any of them.

If Taurus would come out with a 9mm version of the PT738, I would probably buy it in a heartbeat! The PT709 Slim is not it, I have one and love it; but it is much larger than the TCP. I guess I'll just have to hope and wait...

Cheers! M2

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Hey, M2 - don't get me wrong - owning a polymer isn't a *bad* thing for others - it's just not *for me*. If there were specific safety issues with it, it'd be a different story, but that's not it. Thing is, they become SO light that they radically enhance the perceived recoil for a lotta shooters.
    As to the 380 shortage.....what shortage? I've got 2k rounds in the ammo bin, an' 3k spent cases. Oh, did I mention I reload? ;)
    Can't imagine what it's been like trying to find ammo over the past year - keepin' up with components has been challenge enough for me! Took me over 3 months to get in my last order of primers - it was getting close enough to running out that I was beginning to get nervous, so I ordered another batch. Now I've got enough.... ;)

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    Hey, M2 - don't get me wrong - owning a polymer isn't a *bad* thing for others - it's just not *for me*. If there were specific safety issues with it, it'd be a different story, but that's not it. Thing is, they become SO light that they radically enhance the perceived recoil for a lotta shooters.
    As to the 380 shortage.....what shortage? I've got 2k rounds in the ammo bin, an' 3k spent cases. Oh, did I mention I reload? ;)
    Can't imagine what it's been like trying to find ammo over the past year - keepin' up with components has been challenge enough for me! Took me over 3 months to get in my last order of primers - it was getting close enough to running out that I was beginning to get nervous, so I ordered another batch. Now I've got enough.... ;)
    the caliber thing will scare alot of ppl away
    but the simplicity and reliabilty is why most ppl like the keltec
    ive been lucky enough to find a few boxs of 380 for christmas at a cheap price too

Top Bottom