• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Bone Chopper looks good, but the modelleaves a lot to be desired.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    You see them HAM fists on that "model"?

Never mind the cleaver...

One "connection" from one of them cement blocks?

Send ya clean to the moon! :roflfunny:

hamfist__idle_animation__by_blockbox-dbs8bf9.gif

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Next step "Forged in Fire" competition.

Ha ha ha...no...it's bad enough doing this stuff in the summer time. In a studio with those hot lights and a 3 hour time limit? They'll carry me out on a stretcher! Though I would dearly love to see Doug Marcaida hold one of my blades up, grin, and say "It will keeeel..."

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    So, some clarification...yesterday afternoon, I tested the Bonechopper by chopping some fresh deer bones, then slicing paper. Then I brought it inside, washed it, and oiled it. This morning I got curious and shaved some arm hair with it. In case anyone was wondering why I would try to shave hair with it after testing.

I supposed I could've shaved the deer leg...ah well.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    So, some clarification...yesterday afternoon, I tested the Bonechopper by chopping some fresh deer bones, then slicing paper. Then I brought it inside, washed it, and oiled it. This morning I got curious and shaved some arm hair with it. In case anyone was wondering why I would try to shave hair with it after testing.

I supposed I could've shaved the deer leg...ah well.

You don't have to explain that to "knife guys."

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    OK. I've just spent my lunch hour with the Bonechopper. Gave it a final sharpening (in case it wasn't sharp enough before...it's sharper now), oiled it good, then heated it a bit with a heat gun to give it a nice protective coat of beeswax. Of course that wax coating will wear off with use, but until that first use it'll be protected.

Afterward, it'll just need to be oiled regularly after it's cleaned. Food safe mineral oil is the way to go, but canola oil will do just as well - and it's what the blade was quenched in.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Afterward, it'll just need to be oiled regularly after it's cleaned. Food safe mineral oil is the way to go, but canola oil will do just as well - and it's what the blade was quenched in.
    Not what I read. You have to use a special olive oil. Handpicked from trees that are a cable tows length from the ocean where the tide ebbs and flows twice in 24 hours. The olives must be over 10 feet from the ground, hand picked from 1:15 to 2:35 AM Geniva Mean Time, on a full moon, by virgins ( yes female) between the ages of 17 and 19. Then the oil must gently be squeezed by.....................

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    OK. I've just spent my lunch hour with the Bonechopper. Gave it a final sharpening (in case it wasn't sharp enough before...it's sharper now), oiled it good, then heated it a bit with a heat gun to give it a nice protective coat of beeswax. Of course that wax coating will wear off with use, but until that first use it'll be protected.

You ever going to give it to @Hoji or are you hoping he will forget about it?

Asking for @Hoji

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Not what I read. You have to use a special olive oil. Handpicked from trees that are a cable tows length from the ocean where the tide ebbs and flows twice in 24 hours. The olives must be over 10 feet from the ground, hand picked from 1:15 to 2:35 AM Geniva Mean Time, on a full moon, by virgins ( yes female) between the ages of 17 and 19. Then the oil must gently be squeezed by.....................

Olive oil goes rancid after a while. NEXT!!!

Top Bottom