• TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Thanks for the options guys.

I think it's pretty damn rude of you guys to bitch and moan that everything is too expensive or too far when someone tries to help the WHOLE board.

Easy there drama queen. Not all of us are familiar with every single city in all of Texas' 268,820 square miles. Looked it up and posted the results for others to then know how far it is.
    Texas SOT

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Easy there drama queen. Not all of us are familiar with every single city in all of Texas' 268,820 square miles. Looked it up and posted the results for others to then know how far it is.

TX69, as of right now you do not have a location in your avatar that would let anyone know where those locations are 12 hours from,
    it really does come across poorly, and by that it looks exactly like what Glockster"the drama queen"69 described.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    TX69, as of right now you do not have a location in your avatar that would let anyone know where those locations are 12 hours from,
    it really does come across poorly, and by that it looks exactly like what Glockster"the drama queen"69 described.

Hoji you are correct and I will fix that.

dkrupela

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2013
    Temple, TX
    Thank you everyone for all your input. I am actually in the market for land and have a few ideas. i think overall having my own land would just be simpler and more convienent.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    If I am, it is because when someone jumps in and starts talking about "fair to the common man" and other drivel in that vein it shows an entitlement mindset. Like the other posters who use terms like " the land owners think they are part of an elite class" terms straight from the FSA play book.
    Don't misquote me, Hoji.
    My wording was very specific so as to only include a certain flavor of individual. You should be embarrassed at your attempt to paint me as someone who is insulting all landowners.

And, honestly, I would probably apologize if you weren't making statements like this in the thread:
    equipment that costs more than you make in a month?

I understand that you're frustrated by the ignorance and lack of knowledge on the part of the hunters who want to hunt hogs but don't understand the liabilities and valid reasoning of landowners who do not want strangers shooting on their land.
    Those reasons are perfectly valid. What is not reasonable is acting like a diva about it.

People who have recently moved to Texas from states with large amounts of public land may not understand the culture in a state where >90% of the land is privately owned. Nor do they understand the CYA mentality landowners have been forced to adopt. This is frustrating to landowners and, apparently, to government employees hired to shoot pigs.

Do you know who else is frustrated by people who don't understand the details of their profession? Literally everyone in every profession that has ever existed.

As someone who does make more than that in a month, I can assure you that you are acting like a first rate ass. The "no true scotsman" fallacies you're starting to hide behind are laughable at best. I do, in fact, plan on paying a lot of money in the near future to go hog hunting. What my post did reference is that there are still good people who don't have A/V hallucinations of lawyers crawling out of every corner. Maybe I'm mistaken and they're extinct. Thanks but no thanks for the accusation, buddy.

Really though, you should stop being so condescending, and lose the attitude. You're just a guy that knows a lot about pigs. Your attempts to use that as some sort of expertise in characterizing people as "entitled" when they're just frustrated with our lawyered up society is ridiculous.

The best suggestion thus far was when someone mentioned offering to help an elder landowner with chores around the ranch.

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Don't misquote me, Hoji. My wording was very specific so as to only include a certain flavor of individual. You should be embarrassed at your attempt to paint me as someone who is insulting all landowners.And, honestly, I would probably apologize if you weren't making statements like this in the thread:I understand that you're frustrated by the ignorance and lack of knowledge on the part of the hunters who want to hunt hogs but don't understand the liabilities and valid reasoning of landowners who do not want strangers shooting on their land.Those reasons are perfectly valid. What is not reasonable is acting like a diva about it.People who have recently moved to Texas from states with large amounts of public land may not understand the culture in a state where >90% of the land is privately owned. Nor do they understand the CYA mentality landowners have been forced to adopt. This is frustrating to landowners and, apparently, to government employees hired to shoot pigs.Do you know who else is frustrated by people who don't understand the details of their profession? Literally everyone in every profession that has ever existed.As someone who does make more than that in a month, I can assure you that you are acting like a first rate ass. The "no true scotsman" fallacies you're starting to hide behind are laughable at best. I do, in fact, plan on paying a lot of money in the near future to go hog hunting. What my post did reference is that there are still good people who don't have A/V hallucinations of lawyers crawling out of every corner. Maybe I'm mistaken and they're extinct. Thanks but no thanks for the accusation, buddy.Really though, you should stop being so condescending, and lose the attitude. You're just a guy that knows a lot about pigs. Your attempts to use that as some sort of expertise in characterizing people as "entitled" when they're just frustrated with our lawyered up society is ridiculous.The best suggestion thus far was when someone mentioned offering to help an elder landowner with chores around the ranch.
    I'm not your buddy, pal.( 100 free internetz to the first person to get that reference)You are the one who brought up the term "elite class" if you do not want to be misinterpreted, don't use FSA catch phrases.

Reelthrill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Round Rock
    The challenge as I see it has been stated before. Liability for me as well as the land owner. Hopefully this gives some perspective.

I pay $2,200 per gun spot on my lease. $4,400 per year just to have the right to hunt on a landowners land. They have setup rules for us to follow. A 13 page guide to be honest. With 2 spots I can bring myself and one guest. My wife does not count as my guest. We can't just go out on the farmers land and shoot or "sight in" our rifles. We can't shoot the cows. All hunting from a blind towards the ground (no ground blinds). We have signed liability waivers, not that they would do much, but they are what they are. People are always getting hurt on leases so lots of liabilities and warning. In fact, I have seen broken ankles, wrists, a feeder winch brake fail and 300 lbs of corn come crashing down as a guy tried to stop it, the handle nailed his thumb and shattered it.

I am not inclined to invite anyone from the board as my guest because I don't want to break any of the landowners rules and risk losing my lease. For the amount of wildlife I have access to, it is not worth it to me. I have seen other people on this lease invite "friends". One of those "friends" was drinking at camp one night and decided he needed to unload his handgun into the dark bushes. We all stopped him immediately, but the damage was done, not only was the "friend" not allowed back, the other guy was kicked off the lease when it was reported back to the broker and landowner. Too much liability.

I am sure many of you that want to help and hunt are fine outstanding people that follow the rules. But is the time and investment I have in many years on this lease, feeder, blinds, pens, hog traps worth losing to take strangers from an internet bulletin board hunting on my guest spot? Not to me it isn't.

I invited one guy out, and he was just itching to shoot something...anything really. This guy is still a friend, but he didn't like the rules he had to follow. He hasn't been back out since and he won't be back out with me.

Top Bottom