• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mak91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    We too would love to buy a weekend home there. Hopefully the newbies won't be leftwing types who want to "improve " the area. It's perfect just the way it is.
    Target Sports

FrankT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2014
    Mary Esther FL
    The house, Barn and shop..Looking forward to finally getting to Bandera

178%20Lasso.jpg

Front%20shop.jpg

Barn2.jpg

FrankT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2014
    Mary Esther FL
    Sounds good Charlie, I will be there off and on as I will use the Kerrville VA, Thanks for the welcome! Guess I will need a place to check my carry gun in while at the VA...?

mak91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Yes, leave guns and all other weapons including knives at home before going to VA. Can't take them into parking lot never mind hospital

FrankT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2014
    Mary Esther FL
    I know, as a vet I am so dangerous! Same for the Post offices, I hate to tell them the knife is still on and the gun is in the vehicle. Say in FL my permit is a weapons permit and I legally carry OTF automatic knives, is that legal in TX to carry w a permit, how about the automatic flip open knives?

FrankT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2014
    Mary Esther FL
    Thanks Charlie!

Karl, 3 stall barn 24x44, and an air conditioned workshop 24x40 on 2 acres. I am a hunter so my gun stuff will be in there TV, Radio, A/C, the guy there now uses it for his motorcycles. It has a tool room, storage area, tables and such. Not sure what all I will do yet, not really a hobbyist.

shop4.jpg

shop3.jpg

FrankT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2014
    Mary Esther FL
    I have always feared blowing myself up reloading, but I need to since I hunt with a 6.8 AR and have 3 of them. Right now I have tons of loaded ammo so just not in my thoughts to reload.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Thanks Charlie!

Karl, 3 stall barn 24x44, and an air conditioned workshop 24x40 on 2 acres. I am a hunter so my gun stuff will be in there TV, Radio, A/C, the guy there now uses it for his motorcycles. It has a tool room, storage area, tables and such. Not sure what all I will do yet, not really a hobbyist.

Damn, I've envious. I'm sure you'll find something to do with all that space.
    I've contemplated moving to that area, finding a place where I could build a bigger shop.
    Problem is, soon as someone my age (72) does that, next thing you hear the widow is selling the tools on CraigsList. :(

Wow ... 800sf!
    I've been building $80k kitchens out of less than half that.
    Getting tired of tripping, and banging knees moving five things to do one thing, and 106 degrees in the summer
    Oh well, dreams. ;)

Congratulations, and hope the Kerrville VA treats you well.

Last edited:

FrankT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2014
    Mary Esther FL
    Karl, I am trying to get back to TX before I make a widow happy...will be 67 and pretty good health so far. The shop was a 3 car carport and the guy poured a slab and walled it in then insulated and added A/C. Really not sure what to do with it all but glad it is already there.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Congrats on the new digs and move back to Tx Frank. Knowing you, your'll need that extra space for your hog feeders. Are you going get a lease for hunting like you had back in Fla?

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I have always feared blowing myself up reloading, but I need to since I hunt with a 6.8 AR and have 3 of them. Right now I have tons of loaded ammo so just not in my thoughts to reload.

You'd have to try pretty damn hard to blow yourself up while reloading! I'ts damn near impossible. And yes you should be reloading for the 6.8 as handloading a 6.8 costs no more than handloading a 30-30, .308, 6.5, 223, etc., etc.

FrankT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2014
    Mary Esther FL
    Ed, actually don't have room to move all my stuff in the trailer or tuck I will use, did remove my 8 trail cams and a couple of small barrels and some stuff I never used that is new. The tripods, feeder barrels and stands are too big to bring. I am hoping to find a lease in TX or people to share and hunt hogs with.

Charlie I know but really I buy in cheap in quantity and by the time I sell the brass my cost is as low as reloading just does not have the custom loads I would love to have. Now with the room I may consider it.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    If you shoot a lot and load your own, it will pay for itself in a couple of years. We can visit about that after you get settled and we're having some coffee up here with some of the other members who live around here.

FrankT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2014
    Mary Esther FL
    I will be shooting more as there is a Vet owned range in Bandera and I just got a new digital night vision scope to use. I will look forward to meeting you and your buds Charlie. I am retired so have plenty of time!!

Top Bottom