Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Younggun,

Once more, while I truly support the 2nd Amendment, wherein our NATURAL RIGHT to bear arms is enumerated, I seriously doubt that many people will routinely OC.

As I said, I lived in VA, where OC has been fully lawful for well over a century & FEW people OC, except when engaged in hunting/fishing/camping/shooting activities. - I think that when (rather than if) OC passes, the same will be true in TX, too AND fairly soon thereafter that FEW people will even care who OC or doesn't OC..

Note: I was recently in a Valero station here in SA when a man came into the place with an AR15 slung over his back. The clerk asked him why he was carrying a rifle & the customer said that he couldn't lock his PU.
    The clerk shrugged and said, "UH, OK. You wouldn't want to get it stolen." = Nobody at the store seemed to think that carrying his "black rifle" in the store was "a big deal".

yours, satx

Maybe I'm reading incorrectly, but I'm not sure how this supports or disagrees with my post.

I wasn't really making any comments on how many would OC.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    seeker_two; All,

I'm NO particular fan of Perry either BUT he's 100X better than the LYING, AMORAL, SWINE that resides in our WH for 2 more years.
    (Off-hand, I can think of NOBODY that is worse than the current resident.)

just my OPINION, satx

And I don't want to give Perry (or Bush or Christie, etc.) a chance to be worse.......

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Younggun,

Actually I was neither supporting nor disagreeing with your post. = Instead, I simply made my own comment.
    Further, had it not been for the LOONS from OCTC, who went to Austin, "stirred the pot" and I might add "played into the hands of" the gun-HATING DIMocRATS, I think that OC would have passed easily & without much controversy.
    (Fwiw, I talked to one of Joe Strauss' senior staffers at a TP meeting about 6 weeks ago & she said that OC was going to pass "early in this session".)

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    seeker_two,

Personally, I support former member of the HoR J.C. Watts of OK for POTUS. - J.C. is a SOLID conservative & reliably PRO-2nd Amendment.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    seeker_two,

I can even forgive J.C for being a former star QB & graduate of "OH, WHO?", due to his stance on solid, middle-class, AMERICAN values & issues.
    (Cut me & I bleed BURNT ORANGE! =====> CHUCKLE.)

yours, satx

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Hearing set on open carry, campus carry gun bills | www.statesman.com

The legislative session’s first public hearing on two high-profile gun bills — open carry and campus carry — will be held Thursday before the Senate State Affairs Committee, where the chairwoman expects a “long and lively” discussion.

Adding to the liveliness, the hearing will not include a bill favored by the loudest and most active gun-rights supporters: Senate Bill 342 by Sen. Don Huffines, R-Dallas, legalizing “constitutional carry,” which would allow all legal gun owners to openly carry holstered firearms without the need of a concealed handgun permit.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I hope some form of OpenCarry passes, but I still dont see how they're going to enforce licensed Open Carry w/o running into 4A issues.

I feel like SWATing Kory myself - lol

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I agree. It will be interesting to see how they go about enforcing it.

I'm betting it will be one of those deals where people are generally caught by absent mindedly breaking some trivial law and the police are given an opportunity to detain them.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Younggun,

EXACTLY CORRECT. =====> There are MANY provisions of city/county/state law that ordinary people violate UNKNOWINGLY & an ANTI-gun LEO can nearly always find "something" that he can detain/question you about.
    (I spent >3 decades "pinned to the badge" & I know most of the "tricks" to get around the law.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I've come to the conclusion the majority of elected Texas republicans are fake conservatives.
    Republicans have a long history of being authoritarian and statist. Shouldn't surprise anyone; especially in the south. What's sad is they appear "limited government" and conservative compared to the rabid totalitarian leftistism of the democrats.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    The lawyers write the laws.
    That's the bigger problem.

Anybody notice the exclusions in most every filed bill?

Top Bottom