• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Really love how EVERY news organization reporting on TX 2A legislation has to quote Watkins. Lazy, sloppy excuse for journalism. There are organizations that have been working on 2A legislation here for years, but Kory the Cuckoo shows up and suddenly he's the face of the franchise.

txcat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2014
    Just saw this on Twitter:

3yg9fYU.jpg

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I know he's not going about this at all correctly, but he's getting support. That means he's NOT alone in his thought process. There's also some truth to his rants. I'd rather see someone with credibility out there... But I'm also sick of this "I'm totally supporting the 2nd Amendment, but..." shit. There's NO "but" in the 2A.

RCK1999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    I know he's not going about this at all correctly, but he's getting support. That means he's NOT alone in his thought process. There's also some truth to his rants. I'd rather see someone with credibility out there... But I'm also sick of this "I'm totally supporting the 2nd Amendment, but..." shit. There's NO "but" in the 2A.

OK, how about this: "I'm totally supporting the 2nd Amendment AND I think Kory Watkins is a complete idiot".

Happy now!

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Kory Watkins is the equivalent of a self-proclaimed 'friend' punching a surgeon in the face and calling him a stupid rotten dick-head moron (and claiming you know him and agree with what he did) just before the surgeon operates to save your testicles.

The doctor may be a poor surgeon but now he's a highly-insulted and pissed off poor surgeon.

Last edited:

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Rick Perry is dead to me. The second amendment is a right, not privilege. I'm ashamed that Rick Perry was a Texas Governor.

Perry said he was “not necessarily all that fond of this open carry concept,” adding that those who carry guns ought to be “appropriately backgrounded, appropriately vetted, appropriately trained.”
    “We license people to drive on our highways,” he said. “We give them that privilege. The same is true with our concealed handguns.”

Former Gov. Rick Perry Kills TX Constitutional Carry, Presidential Aspirations? - The Truth About Guns

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Perry said he was “not necessarily all that fond of this open carry concept,” adding that those who carry guns ought to be “appropriately backgrounded, appropriately vetted, appropriately trained.”
    “We license people to drive on our highways,” he said. “We give them that privilege. The same is true with our concealed handguns.”
    What do you expect? He's your typical statist republican and a former democrat. Kinda explains why there was never any traction on pro-gun bills in the last few sessions.

Last edited:

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Rick Perry is a moron puppet... just like the rest of them. These people are 'chosen' and 'supported/uplifted'... so they can be manipulated to unwittingly serve the false gods.

Question: Had Perry not fucked up so badly so many times during the primaries... how many of us would have voted for him?

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    seeker_two; All,

I'm NO particular fan of Perry either BUT he's 100X better than the LYING, AMORAL, SWINE that resides in our WH for 2 more years.
    (Off-hand, I can think of NOBODY that is worse than the current resident.)

just my OPINION, satx

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    seeker_two; All,

I'm NO particular fan of Perry either BUT he's 100X better than the LYING, AMORAL, SWINE that resides in our WH for 2 more years.
    (Off-hand, I can think of NOBODY that is worse than the current resident.)

just my OPINION, satx

Well, I don't want another bush in the whitehouse, and I liked Ben Carson until he started talking about weapons in cities. I'm anxious to see Scott Walker's opinions on the 2A...

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    RickPerry said:

Even funnier since Rick Perry cannot buy a gun, has a suspended CHL and will fail the very background check he talks about.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    How does rick perry's bullshit change the chances of constitutional carry? I don't get whey people are reporting that the chances for unlicensed OC is dead.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    They will end up kicking around and voting in licensed OC in an attempt to pacify supporters without really doing much. Than next election they will use it as a talking point for how they support the 2A....

Unless they think taking a soft stance will cost them in the next election.

I'm sure Texas will get some type of OC, but we will really have to push to get much action for constitutional carry at this point. KW has given them just the scapegoat they were looking for.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Younggun,

Once more, while I truly support the 2nd Amendment, wherein our NATURAL RIGHT to bear arms is enumerated, I seriously doubt that many people will routinely OC.

As I said, I lived in VA, where OC has been fully lawful for well over a century & FEW people OC, except when engaged in hunting/fishing/camping/shooting activities. - I think that when (rather than if) OC passes, the same will be true in TX, too AND fairly soon thereafter that FEW people will even care who OC or doesn't OC..

Note: I was recently in a Valero station here in SA when a man came into the place with an AR15 slung over his back. The clerk asked him why he was carrying a rifle & the customer said that he couldn't lock his PU.
    The clerk shrugged and said, "UH, OK. You wouldn't want to get it stolen." = Nobody at the store seemed to think that carrying his "black rifle" in the store was "a big deal".

yours, satx

Top Bottom