• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldjarhead56

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Lt. Governor Dan Patrick was quoted in the media yesterday as saying open carry this session is "Not a priority right now," and "I don't think there are enough votes to pass.". I am not sure in what context he made these statement. Perhaps he intends to fight hard later in the session to get enough votes to pass open carry, I am not sure. He ran on being a supporter of open carry. Is he giving up, or just biding a little time. I know the media loved to hear him say those words and may be playing it up. What do you all think?
    Hurley's Gold

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    I'll wager he's right... not enough votes to pass OC due to the pantie-waists in office. In politics, as with most things, timing is everything. And this is a bad time to try to pass OC largely due to ass-hats who've made us all look like lunatics. There's a reason it's not on his priority list... certain F-ing OCT ass-hats ruining it for everyone.

Twizter68

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Weatherford, TX
    Well, according to the news, he has reversed course again today and said it is now a priority again. The ass hats at OCTC actually did something right organizing a phone campaign. ..

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I got ya. This could be a huge policital victory for the Republican Party (HB195). I think as shitty as democrats are now a days, republicans should "shove down their throat" as much as they can and no compromise. **** these shitheads. I mean look at that asshole in eagle pass. He looks like a douchnozzle.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Well, according to the news, he has reversed course again today and said it is now a priority again. The ass hats at OCTC actually did something right organizing a phone campaign. ..
    Don't give them too much credit. OCT and LSGR also sent out emails (to a lot more people than probably read OCTC) and had people calling.

jbgramps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Austin
    Good grief, How did something as reasonable as getting OC passed become such a pile of crap? For instance:

An activist group in Tarrant County is asking their supporters t - MyFoxAustin | KTBC | Fox 7 Austin | News Weather Sports

Texas lawmaker gets security detail, activists warned | KXAN.com

The two main groups (OCT and OCTC) have done more to prevent OC from passing than anyone else. Bloomberg should send them a check for killing OC.

I was at the Capital this morning. I heard that Legislatures were wearing stickers that said "I'm Poncho Nevarez". I didn't see it, but someone told me that. You can't try to intimidate the legislature and expect their vote.

I mean, come on, did anything really believe open carrying of long guns in restaurants, on the street and in the State House would win friends and influence people? Yea, I know CJ straightened up his act a little, but the damage was already done. Add Kory's stunts and we've lost public support and probably many votes this session.

Hopefully people have learned for from all this drama and OC will pass.

Sorry for the rant. I'm just tired of all the BS going on about this.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Pissin' contest. Everybody wants the same thing.
    Everybody wants the credit.
    Some just want the others to fail, no matter the cost.

I'm sick of it.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Going to post this here as well.

https://www.facebook.com/dan.patrick.texas/posts/10152543325461836

Dan Patrick

11 hrs ·
    CAMPUS CARRY MOVES FORWARD
    Please take a moment to read below and SHARE this post to help SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT.
    There were inaccurate reports in the media and across the Internet yesterday regarding my comments concerning Open Carry legislation. Despite reports to the contrary, I have never changed my position on the issue. I remain a steadfast supporter of the second amendment and Open Carry legislation.
    As is typical of the media looking to build wedges among conservatives, many stories took words out of context. I did not say the bill was dead but suggested instead that, because the votes were not there (at this time), it had not risen to a level of priority....at this point. That is far different than saying an issue is not a priority, it just means work still needs to be done.
    There have been many inaccurate reports on the bill having had support last session and falling only one vote short. In reality, the bill never made it out of committee in either chamber. There was not a vote on Open Carry legislation last session on the floor in either chamber. People are confusing the issue with Campus Carry, which in fact did fall one vote short in the Senate. I was a co- author of that bill with Senator Birdwell.
    I am an avid gun owner, was endorsed by the NRA with an “A rating”, and have a 100% voting record on second amendment issues over 8 years. Any information you're hearing to the contrary is false.
    There are many in the Open Carry movement who are being productive and positive in helping to move the bill forward. The way to pass a bill is to build relationships and explain why your issue is good for Texas.
    Regarding the Second Amendment, our first priority this session is to pass Campus Carry. Today the bill was heard on first reading. We are now poised to pass it for the first time in history out of the Senate! Here is language from our press release from earlier today……
    There are a total of 5 or so NRA priorities this session and all are in various stages of work.
    Senate Gun Bills Update
    AUSTIN – Today, as previously planned, Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick referred the following legislation to State Affairs:
    Senate Bill 11 (SB 11), Relating to the carrying of concealed handguns on the campuses of and certain other locations associated with institutions of higher education, referred to State Affairs committee.
    Texas Lieutenant Governor, Dan Patrick, said, "I sent the Campus Carry bill to the State Affairs Committee for a full public hearing. The bill author already has 19 Senate co-authors which, because of last week's rule changes, is enough to bring it to the floor for passage. Once passed we will forward the bill to the Texas House as quickly as constitutionally allowed.
    "I am very pleased that the Senate is poised to cast this historic vote.
    "Now that SB 11 has support and is moving towards passage we can focus on other 2nd Amendment issues, including Open Carry, which I have consistently supported."

Top Bottom