• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    really-tom-hanks.gif
    What part of that is confusing?

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    So going hands on with someone (assault) isn't violence?
    You lose your right to claim self defense if you are the one escalating the incident unless you first attempt to disengage and the other guy presses an attack.

If the teal shirt guy lived he could easily say he felt like his life was in danger by the introduction of the gun and escalation of force with the discharge of the rifle at his feet.

Then there is the threat to take the gun. Does that matter? How much and for how long.

Even after the attempt to take the gun teal shirt guy doesnt attempt to continue his attack once they are apart. So if you think that was justification then it ended there.

Retard rodeo and everyone loses.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Everyone here knows I have the intellect of a three year old, but I want to weigh in on something I haven’t seen brought up.

The shooter went into the house to get a gun, then came out and yelled, “get off mah proprity!”, right? I mean did I miss something?

Ok, so that indicates that if Chad did not get off his “proprity”, tiny Tim was prepared to shoot him, simply for that refusal. Otherwise one must conclude that tiny Tim new the future and could tell that he would need to “defend himself”.

On top of that, the warning shot during the gay chest sex, proves he wasn’t in fear for his life, but instead was in fear he wasn’t intimidating enough.

It is for these reasons that my inadequate mind has developed an opinion that this was not a good shoot.

Regardless, the whole thing was more pathetic than a penis with erectile disfunction, on a cold night, after a handful of benadryl.

On a serious note, if the facts are reflected through the face value of this video, I feel sorry for the dad. Yea, he was part of the circus, but when my wife and I had troubles some years ago, and she threatened to leave with the kids, I damn near turned into a person I never knew I could become. So if there is anyone who at least had a smidge of a reason to behave the way they were, it’s him.

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    So going hands on with someone (assault) isn't violence?
    agreed that when the guy walked out with the gun, a good thing for other guy to do would be to walk away

instead, the guy walking out with the gun escalated things further which did not make other guy decide to walk away

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Don’t believe I’ve ever had the pleasure of that condition.

Otherwise, good catch on sequence of events.

Haven’t experienced ED… YET, but the Benadryl…. They should just call em atiSEXtamines. When my daughter goes on her first date, The prescription will be two Benadryls for the both of em and home within 2 hours. “Open your mouth. Lift your tongue.”

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US

yep...
    also, from the article:

As Read threatened to subpoena multiple people, including Anne-Marie Carruth, Kyle Carruth emerges from the home armed with a rifle, saying, "I'm glad this is on video, I'm very glad."
    Carruth yells at Read to leave and the two bump chests, with Read daring Carruth to use the weapon.
    "Do it," Read can be heard saying. "You better ******* use it ************."

d2aa06ebd169ad4d8399b0e42d00694a.jpg

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maybe I missed it.... but the BF isn't at his house. Right? He is just a boyfriend. How can you claim castle doctrine when its not your house. He told him to leave. But, It wasn't his property and house. Wouldn't he have no say so? Wouldn't that need to come from the home owner/property owner?

School me please.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    First lawsuit has been filed over this, even though we're still waiting on criminal charges to be filed or not.

Sheds light on the situation - some people were pointing out that the shooting happened after 4PM, and dad was saying he gets the kid at 3:15, so he's just an ass who was late and he shouldn't have expected his kid to be there... welps, before the fatal incident, he went to Carruth's place of business, as he'd been told the boy was there. He wasn't. He went to his ex's house - where he got killed. So dad wasn't a late-arriving piece of shit, the ex was purposefully playing games and withholding his son from him, despite the court order.

My reading of Texas law is that she and Carruth conspired to commit interference of custody - a state jail felony. So the original sin in this whole damn matter, like I've mentioned here and in other places - is the felony crime actively being perpetrated by both the Ex-Mrs.-Read and Kyle "Double Tap" Carruth. Since they were engaged in a felony crime, wouldn't that negate any self-defense Carruth could possibly have? @Renegade - whats your take there?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Since they were engaged in a felony crime, wouldn't that negate any self-defense Carruth could possibly have? @Renegade - whats your take there?

Yeah I think that is where it is going. If they can show pre-meditation, it is a whole new game.

Also the lawsuit will allow discovery, and access to info they are not getting via the legal system. I mean texts alone between Kyle & Christina are probably off the chart.

There is no civil immunity from conspiracy.

That is a serious law firm too. I expect Christina to be sued too.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Everyone here knows I have the intellect of a three year old, but I want to weigh in on something I haven’t seen brought up.

The shooter went into the house to get a gun, then came out and yelled, “get off mah proprity!”, right? I mean did I miss something?

Ok, so that indicates that if Chad did not get off his “proprity”, tiny Tim was prepared to shoot him, simply for that refusal. Otherwise one must conclude that tiny Tim new the future and could tell that he would need to “defend himself”.

On top of that, the warning shot during the gay chest sex, proves he wasn’t in fear for his life, but instead was in fear he wasn’t intimidating enough.

It is for these reasons that my inadequate mind has developed an opinion that this was not a good shoot.

Regardless, the whole thing was more pathetic than a penis with erectile disfunction, on a cold night, after a handful of benadryl.

On a serious note, if the facts are reflected through the face value of this video, I feel sorry for the dad. Yea, he was part of the circus, but when my wife and I had troubles some years ago, and she threatened to leave with the kids, I damn near turned into a person I never knew I could become. So if there is anyone who at least had a smidge of a reason to behave the way they were, it’s him.
    Good take on events.

On a side note. I haven't seen a clear picture of the ex wife, is she hot?
    Anne Marie isn't bad looking.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom