TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    So in the thread.. see my name to the left of my post.. left click it a box will come up... click ignore... bang... I am now ignored no idea how to unignore them, but it even works on admins. I have one on ignore. The Ignore/mute feature is one of if not THE most useful feature on the internet. I do not have time for people that need to show how big their proverbial wee wee is on the internet by arguing in a petulant manner.
    Thank you Sir. I was being a smart ass, but I can tell you’re a good teacher and suspect your students respond well.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    After the new election in 2020 in which the Dems in all likelihood will take the White House and both chambers of Congress and THEN immediately work to institute another gun ban (this time permanently without sunset 10 year clause)...
    ...and then a con-con will happen to negate everything the federal government has done to us in the last 130 years or so.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Thank you, they do respond well to me. I do not know how good of a teacher I am though. Only more time will tell with that. As I said in a pm today I am here to learn and to share.

I’d say you’re a great teacher. I already knew what you were saying and I caught myself following along as I read it.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'll ask a question that, hopefully, is germane to this thread.

Suppose I have a full auto firearm that I think is worth $25,000. Hypothetically a full auto FN FAL.
    How the heck do I find some guy(or gal) that would trust me with all that cash.

Were would I, if I want, (and can afford) that $25k FAL, well then...
    how the heck do I connect with someone who I could trust with all that money.??

Hypothetically the FAL will double in price. Then the deal is for 50k.
    If the OP is right (and time and experience supports him) it'll eventually be worth $100,000.00.

How/where/who the heck will deal at this level?????

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Were would I, if I want, (and can afford) that $25k FAL, well then...
    how the heck do I connect with someone who I could trust with all that money.??

subguns.com

sturmgewehr.com

dealernfa.com

Hypothetically the FAL will double in price. Then the deal is for 50k.
    If the OP is right (and time and experience supports him) it'll eventually be worth $100,000.00.

NO.

Time and experience do not support him. Time and experience suggest a price point of around $34,000, for a gun worth $25K today.

Last edited:

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    I broker deals like that fairly regularly in my gun shop. Heavy six figure MG buys from my heavy hitter customers are not uncommon.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I broker deals like that fairly regularly in my gun shop. Heavy six figure MG buys from my heavy hitter customers are not uncommon.

I think you are answering my question.
    For security deal through the brokerage of a reputable gun shop.

I'm trusting.
    Most anyone I'll trust with $200
    Very few I'll trust with my $2,000
    I'll only trust my wife and mom with my $20,000!!!

JWBost

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2017
    Austin

I buy six figure machine guns. What do you have? Or what have you sold? I’m looking specifically for two unicorns, but I’d like to see them for sale before I let people know what I’m looking for. Feel free to PM me.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin

Yeah but if a single gun is bringing in 6 figures, it's for items like Beretta 93Rs, FN MAGs, Stoner 63s, FG42s, MK19 GMGs and the like right? Super rare and/or historical pieces, not common Uzis, M16s and sear guns.

Common transferables will stop going up when it becomes more economical and less hassle to become a 07/02, pay ITAR, and build whatever you want to scratch the FA itch for a few years.

As an added bonus for going the FFL route you could purchase pre-86 imported dealer samples and keep them after giving up the license. Those keeper samples only cost half as much as a transferable version. For a few models like the Walther MPL and Beretta PM-12, that's the only way for a private citizen to acquire.

Rather than pay $100k for a MP5 I would seriously consider becoming a 07/02 to do a little business, test fire MGs and acquire a couple keeper samples on the side instead.

Last edited:

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    ...I would seriously consider becoming a 07/02 to do a little business, test fire MGs and acquire a couple keeper samples on the side instead.

And that is exactly what I did, although I and my team of fellow idiots tend to build whatever we want instead of buying because that is more...cost effective...as well as entertaining.

The last six figure deal was multiple guns. Although for a while, I did have a guy half-ass hunting for one of the transferable miniguns...that would have beat all my transfer records. Ah, well.

JWBost

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2017
    Austin
    Although for a while, I did have a guy half-ass hunting for one of the transferable miniguns...that would have beat all my transfer records. Ah, well.
    There’s always a transferable minigun for sale somewhere.

Dan Shea has the T2 minigun for sale, and Ed Holtz of Urban Armory also has one. They’ve been trying to sell them for the longest time. I know of two more. Very hard to sell.

The nature of miniguns means that guys buy them because they’re cool, then realize they’re a huge pain to haul, store, shoot, set-up, assemble, feed, and maintain. Then there’s what they don’t show in YouTube videos: the never ending and difficult to clear jams.

I almost bought one until a friend let me use and set up his minigun, as if I was the owner. Kind of like how they scare high school girls out of pregnancy by making them carry around and care for a doll. After a day of hauling the gun and ammo, spending $4000 for like two minutes of trigger time, and assembling and handling it, that cured my desire real fast.

And it’s a highly overrated gun. You can only shoot it off a mount, which is boring. It’s not possible to shoot predator style unless you’re shooting blanks.

JWBost

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2017
    Austin
    So what's the barrel life on a mini gun?

(In trigger time, not rounds)
    Don’t let the overall fast rate of the M134 fool you.

If anything, the barrels last longer than in most beltfeds. At 3000 rounds a minute between six barrels, per barrel, it’s only 500rpm. That’s pretty slow for a belt fed.

Last edited:

JWBost

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2017
    Austin
    If California ever allows possession of transferables, then MGs will skyrocket. Lots of California tech execs who have secondary homes in NFA friendly states are already bidding up the prices of MGs, which are becoming status items. I know this from personal experience. Many of these guys live in California, and and if the impediment is completely removed, watch out.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    The problem with miniguns is exactly as JW stated, plus the price...folks get into them too deep, realize what an albatross they are, but refuse to let them go for what they are actually worth as shooters because...minigun...

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Lots of California tech execs who have secondary homes in NFA friendly states are already bidding up the prices of MGs, which are becoming status items. I know this from personal experience. Many of these guys live in California, and and if the impediment is completely removed, watch out.

That has been going on for decades. I introduced two folks to it, They quickly got bored with their conjugal visits and sold them. It is hard to impress your neighbors with a gun in another state. A McLaren on your driveway, that is a different story.

Top Bottom