Not open for further replies.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    The Killeen Daily Herald is reporting a man was arrested after carrying a rifle while hiking with his son. The call that caused alarm reported him as a suspicious person. On top of that, now they have dropped the charge-which was resisting arrest, and now are charging him with interfering with a peace officer while performing a duty. When the officer arrived, the mans rifle was across his chest with a loaded magazine inserted. The officer decided to disarm the man before having a talk with him because the officer believed he or others may have been in danger.

This is right out of the "Our Texas" section of the Killeen Daily Herald. Page A5-Wed, April 3rd.

I really wish there was a video to this. I'm thinking it went something like the officer wanted to disarm him but he didn't want to because he knew he was within his rights. Then the officer got mad and arrested him. I would love to see if I'm right or not.

Sent from Hicksville.....or while dreaming of Hicksville
    Gun Zone Deals

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    I'm sure it was nothing illegal or no kind of a set up, just an innocent man minding his own business and the bad police picking on him by answering a 9-1-1 call about a man with a gun who allegedly resisted arrest instead of following instructions...but we won't know until more facts come out.

Let the cop bashing begin! Please somebody tell a story about how they got a ticket for speeding in 1983 or how a mean cop mistreated them whilst they were just hanging out blah blah blah.:confused:

Last edited:

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I'm sure it was nothing illegal or no kind of a set up, just an innocent man minding his own business and the bad police picking on him by answering a 9-1-1 call about a man with a gun who allegedly resisted arrest instead of following instructions...but we won't know until more facts come out.

Let the cop bashing begin! Please somebody tell a story about how they got a ticket for speeding in 1983 or how a mean cop mistreated them whilst they were just hanging out blah blah blah.:confused:

Well, there was this one time......

Lol

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth

Bitter much?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

I've got some good stories, including the one where a buddy spent about a month in jail because the crimes the police improperly charged him with were so bad that his mother wound up having to give a bondsman a lien on her home to bail him out. Meanwhile, they were busy slandering him in the press (who was all too eager).

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    After a LEO told me not to be surprised if another LEO held me at gun point while walking to my destination with the rifle on my back, I am not surprised. He literally told me that HE did not PERMIT ME to do something that is within my rights. "I understand it's within your rights, or whatever, but I don't permit you to do it and my colleagues would agree". Some LEOs operate as if THEY call the shots, constitutionally. It's not "cop bashing". If anything, I'd say there's too much damn citizen's rights bashing going on.

Last edited:

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Well, when I was trying to talk to my local PD about some gun laws and make sure I'm being legit with my shotgun, I had about 3 cops that told me they couldn't help me when it comes to gun laws. I finally called the station and had the operator tell me there were only two guys in the entire station that could help me with gun legalities and they were both on lunch so I needed to call back later. When I did, I was told that if I'm ever pulled over for a regular traffic stop, and he see's my shotgun laying in the back of my SUV as he walks up, he will be pulling out his gun and yelling at me until he figures out what's going on. So his advice was to cover up my shotgun when I travel. I think it's kinda sad I have to be scared to exercise my rights. I'm not bashing anybody. I think it's lousy that more police don't try to learn what seem to be pretty simple laws about people having weapons. I also think it's sad that a cop can't have a friendly discussion with a citizen about the citizens gun so the cop can get whatever info he may need. It's even worse that it's coming from a guy who is the dept expert on gun laws. That's why I respect police for putting their lives at risk and trying to keep the community clean, but at the same time I try to avoid them when they're on duty. I just hope I don't get pulled over friday on my way up to hicksville with my guns lol

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I have a gunsmith friend that had a black powder shotgun with 14 in barrels. It was an older peice and a collectors item.

He asked his LEO buddies what they thought about it. They said if they saw it, he'd go to jail. He asked if they knew that laws governing black powder guns were different than the ones governing normal rifles and shotguns, they said yes, you're still going to jail.

He decided to sell the shotgun for this reason alone.

For certain things it seems some cops have decided folks are guilty despite exceptions and will arrest and charge folks despite the laws.

This ends up getting expensive in time and money to prove you're innocent and the LEO is protected as the person makes their way very slowly though the system. Ask how I know.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX

Dude I think you have some baggage you need to deal with. There are shitbag cops, just like there are shitbags in any other profession. Cops aren't magically exempt.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Dude I think you have some baggage you need to deal with. There are shitbag cops, just like there are shitbags in any other profession. Cops aren't magically exempt.

There's not just shitbag cops, there's too many of em. It's sad that I get excited like a little school girl when I meet a cot that is a real nice guy. I don't know about other areas, bit here in El Paso, IT'S BAD. I am actually going to attempt to join the force, but not till I move to San Antonio. If it's that bad there, I'm just gonna go work at McDonald's. Hmmm, maybe Taco Bell. No, Taco Cabana!

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Interesting case.

"Innocent until proven guilty" seems to come with a lot of fine print & costs.

I think Central Texas is one of the last places I want a run in with the law, no matter the topic. The mange that comes off the Austin area political leadership gets on everybody nearby. That area is tough on the diesel truck community. (Don't get me wrong, they are not all angels and that gets the entire community profiled). You gotta be on your best behavior with no room for error.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    This is where I would have had the rifle in a folding chair bag. Put a 4" PVC cap in the bottom so the barrel doesn't create an obvious divot. I would also have my CHL license and be carrying my sidearm. This way the Libatrd that called wouldn't pee its pants for attention.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom