• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sigmar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Arlington Tx
    not condoning what happened however---In Sec. 411.207, state law says, "A peace officer who is acting in the lawful discharge of the officer's official duties may disarm a license holder at any time the officer reasonably believes it is necessary for the protection of the license holder, officer, or another individual. The peace officer shall return the handgun to the license holder before discharging the license holder from the scene if the officer determines that the license holder is not a threat to the officer, license holder, or another individual and if the license holder has not violated any provision of this subchapter or committed any other violation that results in the arrest of the license holder."
    DK Firearms

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    I just got pulled over Tuesday night for doing 3 mph over the limit while I got passed by a Cadillac easily doing 10 over. The officer saw him but chose to pull me over. My chl got me out of a horseshit ticket though! The officer started out as a dickhead but everything ended on a cool note.

I am curious to hear what comes of this garbage though. Based on the little bit of info it could tilt either direction..

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    not condoning what happened however---In Sec. 411.207, state law says, "A peace officer who is acting in the lawful discharge of the officer's official duties may disarm a license holder at any time the officer reasonably believes it is necessary for the protection of the license holder, officer, or another individual. The peace officer shall return the handgun to the license holder before discharging the license holder from the scene if the officer determines that the license holder is not a threat to the officer, license holder, or another individual and if the license holder has not violated any provision of this subchapter or committed any other violation that results in the arrest of the license holder."

he was carrying a rifle

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas

Not to be argumentative, but that statute under Subsection H is referencing handguns & CHL. Does that extend to OCing a rifle? I guess I'd ask did the LEO disarm before/after he checked ID/CHL? Note that a CHL is not required to OC a rifle and only required to present when carrying a concealed handgun. In the ar15 link it states he is a CHL holder but doesn't state if he was carrying. However the info states a rifle and a handgun were confiscated from him.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/2nd-amendment-legal-defense-fund?c=home

If this is the case the CHL statute above does apply.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    The disturbing part is that someone called him in.
    Never shoulda happened.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Holy crap there is a lot of cop bashing here. No one was there so we really don't know what happened and are only getting one side.
    But hey, let's not let that stop us.

I stopped this soldier one time and the guy was a complete tool.....

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Holy crap there is a lot of cop bashing here. No one was there so we really don't know what happened and are only getting one side.

I don't see any cop bashing. If this cop stopped the Soldier for carrying a rifle, then this cop is a douche.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012

Soldier, cop, civilian... There are many "tools" in each category. I don't see cop bashing going on here. There are simply stories of bad encounters with unprofessional cops. Nobody is saying all cops are that way. You say that service member was a tool. Are you Mil. Bashing? No. If I tell of a story about being assaulted by a person and mention the color of his skin, because I happen to be a person who gives details in stories of my encounters, does that make me a racist? It'd be ridiculous of you to think so.

Last edited:

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe

Cop bashing? where?

mikeofcontex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Midlothian, TX
    It's only been a couple of weeks ago that my HPD officer brother assured me that this sort of thing couldn't happen in Texas. Our conversation started based on my concern about a traffic stop to and from the range that could escalate to something very uncomfortable simply because we were carrying what one generally carries to a range.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    The "cop bashing" accusations rank right up there with Godwin's law in forum threads. Is there a term for that yet?

In the stories were a citizen is arrested there will be discussion of the citizen and the LEO. There's no way to separate those two subjects from the topic at hand. Let's keep this on track yall.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    OK, here's a cop I'll bash...Temple Police CPL Chris Wilcox, as quoted in the KCEN web coverage:

"Officers are people too. They have families, they want to go home and see those families. It would be very difficult for an officer to determine immediately who's a threat and who's not a threat when there's a gun involved, especially a high powered weapon, like an assault rifle."

An AR-15 is NOT a "HIGH-POWERED" WEAPON you IDIOT!!! I'm so sick of seeing this lie perpetuated. 5.56/.223 simply cannot be described as "high powered" if you know a damned thing about rifles...

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    This is cop bashing....

Cop-Beat-Up-300x206.jpg

I think, for the most part at least, people have been talking about the mentioned story or other stories in the same nature where the officer simply didn't know the law and decided to falsely arrest or detain an individual and let it work itself out in the system.....There are not enough details to simply state that either side was correct or justified, just hypothetical antidotes and the miniscule information that has been provided to the media. Apparently there was a video taken on scene and that is not being released. If we could see the entire segment, we could then make an informed decision on what our individual OPINION is.

At this point, the validity of the case will be determined through the legal system. Sad thing is, from the information we have received so far, or lack thereof, it seems that the legal system maybe shouldn't have been involved.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom