• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    Don't know if you should thank me. Google reductio ad absurdum. It's not a very complimentary term to have tacked on to your debate style.

It was sarcasm. I was humoring you so you would shut up and feel like you won something. We do that with drunks and crackheads at work when they think they know our jobs better than we do. It was appropriate for this situation.
    My post WAS devils advocate because I disagreed with what I was posting.

You are a moderator? Is it SOP for mods to insult in the manner you do?
    Hurley's Gold

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    It was sarcasm. I was humoring you so you would shut up and feel like you won something. We do that with drunks and crackheads at work when they think they know our jobs better than we do. It was appropriate for this situation.
    My post WAS devils advocate because I disagreed with what I was posting.

You are a moderator? Is it SOP for mods to insult in the manner you do?

Wow. Forgive me for pointing out a fact. I was being civil about it, and yeah took a little offense to you being a smartass, but it's not like you haven't said some very uncalled-for things in this thread, or was it the other one.

You really should apologize to the guy you said didn't care about his military service. That was beyond the pale.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    Wow. Forgive me for pointing out a fact. I was being civil about it, and yeah took a little offense to you being a smartass, but it's not like you haven't said some very uncalled-for things in this thread, or was it the other one.

You really should apologize to the guy you said didn't care about his military service. That was beyond the pale.

We have moved past that sir, let it go. You should not try to dictate how one vet talks to another but I am clear that you do not like me. You are allowed to be dissatisfied with me but I cannot be with another? Somewhat of a double standard.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    We have moved past that sir, let it go. You should not try to dictate how one vet talks to another but I am clear that you do not like me. You are allowed to be dissatisfied with me but I cannot be with another? Somewhat of a double standard.

You've gone way beyond dissatisfied.

I wasn't aware that my opinion was subject to your approval, though you keep trying to tell me it is...

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    You've gone way beyond dissatisfied.

I wasn't aware that my opinion was subject to your approval, though you keep trying to tell me it is...
    The focus of the thread is carry and the law. You and others have continued to attack me yet are unable to disprove my experience and knowledge of the law.

We disagree, and that is OK. No hard feelings, I'm not gonna bring up posts you made previously. We've expressed ourselves thoroughly.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

I have not forgotten the insult but realize you don't have the capacity to see why you are wrong.

Your comment about "how one vet talked to another" is a very good example of the problem with your attitude. You see yourself as different and on a separate level from non veterans.

We are all people an I don't know any veterans that consider themselves better than other people who have not served. They are proud of their service and are uncomfortable with being treated differently for having served. You seem to need that recognition in order to substantiate yourself.

My pride comes from within, you seek yours from the admiration of others. If you can't get that admiration you resort to "I'm a veteran and a cop so you must respect me or else".

As for your previous comment concerning me showing you much respect. Completely off base, I have none for you.

You are not "winning" any arguments, you are just becoming so repulsive most have chosen to ignore you. We get tired of feeding your ego.

The fact that you think you have won any argument just shows the level of your arrogance.

You think your personality I'd hidden by the Internet but the Internet has a funny way of showing what some people are really like. They will show who they really are because of the anonymity presented in this setting. I believe you are one of those people.

Your responses in these threads have made it clear that you not only consider yourself above the "regular citizens" but you are sustained by the control you have over them and the false respect they show you in order to get you out of their hair as soon as possible.

You have forgotten what LE work is really about, but feel free to go on about what a hero you are. I'm sure some will continue to nod and smile until you finally leave them alone.

And so you know, your piss poor mentality has in know way changed my opinion of LEO in general. As I said previously, I was raised around cops and still good friends with many. They have and will continue to have my utmost respect and will continue to do so because they have the same respect for those they serve.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    As I said previously, I was raised around cops and still good friends with many.

What's funny is that the same is true of me. My own mother was an officer. At my grandfather's funeral last year, I got to catch up with an officer who's now the sergeant in that town (yeah, small town and police force) that I've known since she started her career there. It was good seeing her again, and I appreciated her showing up, and was sure to tell her so.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    What's funny is that the same is true of me. My own mother was an officer. At my grandfather's funeral last year, I got to catch up with an officer who's now the sergeant in that town (yeah, small town and police force) that I've known since she started her career there. It was good seeing her again, and I appreciated her showing up, and was sure to tell her so.

My dad went from patrolman to captain then retired and worked as reserve in another small town on weekends. My mom was a reserve officer for a couple of years, my aunt is a patrolman in one of the major cities. The current sheriff I have known since I was in my early teams and one of the deputies since I can remember.

I also know many who worked for my dad but moved to different departments for the same reason he did and my sister recently married a trooper.

I came very close to entering in to law enforcement myself but my dad talked me out of it due to the changing mentality in many departments.

What's crappy is getting pulled over buy someone you know and bullshitting then they come back with a ticket, lol.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    I have not forgotten the insult but realize you don't have the capacity to see why you are wrong.

Your comment about "how one vet talked to another" is a very good example of the problem with your attitude. You see yourself as different and on a separate level from non veterans.

We are all people an I don't know any veterans that consider themselves better than other people who have not served. They are proud of their service and are uncomfortable with being treated differently for having served. You seem to need that recognition in order to substantiate yourself.

My pride comes from within, you seek yours from the admiration of others. If you can't get that admiration you resort to "I'm a veteran and a cop so you must respect me or else".

As for your previous comment concerning me showing you much respect. Completely off base, I have none for you.

You are not "winning" any arguments, you are just becoming so repulsive most have chosen to ignore you. We get tired of feeding your ego.

The fact that you think you have won any argument just shows the level of your arrogance.

You think your personality I'd hidden by the Internet but the Internet has a funny way of showing what some people are really like. They will show who they really are because of the anonymity presented in this setting. I believe you are one of those people.

Your responses in these threads have made it clear that you not only consider yourself above the "regular citizens" but you are sustained by the control you have over them and the false respect they show you in order to get you out of their hair as soon as possible.

You have forgotten what LE work is really about, but feel free to go on about what a hero you are. I'm sure some will continue to nod and smile until you finally leave them alone.

And so you know, your piss poor mentality has in know way changed my opinion of LEO in general. As I said previously, I was raised around cops and still good friends with many. They have and will continue to have my utmost respect and will continue to do so because they have the same respect for those they serve.
    Thanks for my personality analysis. You are wrong on many aspects but arguing with you is futile.
    You have not been able to dispute my experiences or facts so you chose to picture me as a bad person. If you cannot attack the facts, call me names I guess. And you attempt to get people to agree with you by creating a 'Burt Gummer vs all of us' facade. I've gotten endless PM's of people telling me that even though they agree with me, they see the futility of arguing with name-callers (you in particular). They were absolutely right.
    But it gives you pleasure to think of me as a bad guy, so feel free to.

I hope you find peace.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    My dad went from patrolman to captain then retired and worked as reserve in another small town on weekends. My mom was a reserve officer for a couple of years, my aunt is a patrolman in one of the major cities. The current sheriff I have known since I was in my early teams and one of the deputies since I can remember.

I also know many who worked for my dad but moved to different departments for the same reason he did and my sister recently married a trooper.

I came very close to entering in to law enforcement myself but my dad talked me out of it due to the changing mentality in many departments.

What's crappy is getting pulled over buy someone you know and bullshitting then they come back with a ticket, lol.

My mom was a reserve for 5 or 10 years. Nothing like doing the job and not getting paid for it. Dad was a firefighter, but being the tiny town, he was one of a handful of their full-timers, the rest were volunteer. The full-time had to answer phones (I still remember when they went to 911, and then enhanced 911 where they could see the address of the caller on a little LCD screen) and run dispatch when he was on duty. My family brought him and whatever cops were on that night many a meal and hung out while they ate.

Never had any problem getting tickets from them, but I never really did anything deserving (mostly did my stupid stuff outside the city limits :p). It's not like some of the small towns get where they have a major highway and thrive on writing tickets...

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Can we lock this and get on? really folks it's going round and round.

h2702FAC8.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom