• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    The problem is everybody tries to quote case law. Some don't even know what real case law is. There are a lot of cases and opinions out there. The difference is that the LEO's receive legal updates and are taught what we need to follow vs. what people on the internet think we need to follow.
    The internet is great for proper research but few understand that things need to be taken in context. If I read a book about child birth, it does not qualify me to deliver a babynor even fully unserstand all the processes of the act.

The more that people are educated with accurate information, the better off we all will be. Too many will parrot what they read or see some dbag post on YouTube and follow it like gospel. Then they get all bent out of shape when they get arrested because they thought they knew what they were doing. Those are the people I see regularly called the "I KNOW MY RIGHTS!" people. They often scream that repeatedly from the back of the patrol car or in central booking. Hell I've seen it in front of the magistrate or during their trial! It is great that many know and understand their legal rights but the most ignorant are often the most vocal. I have respect for those of you out there who just know their business and don't make an ass of themselves. ai've been lucky to meet a bunch of great people in my career.

One day I will cease to educate people on how law enforcement works in my area and provide my experience to assist them in determining which information and which sources are reputable. The internet is a terrible forum for this since you cannot lookmyour source in the eye and measure the man delivering the message.

But there are some pretty damn cool videos on the web.
    Hurley's Gold

Last edited:

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    So humor me, how would we educate people to firearms being legally carried OC? And not just carriers, but the general public who would normally be calling in the MWAGs. Would how LEOs approach/train to approach OCers change as well?

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Innocent till proven guilty....if you can afford it. The decks are stacked against us peasants and yet the police profession is worshiped in this country.
    The disturbing part is that someone called him in.
    Never shoulda happened.

The govt spends a lot of money teaching our fellow citizens to be rats... See something, say something.

glick88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    The lack of knowledge that LEO's possess as far as firearm knowledge is disturbing to me. How are you suppose to enforces laws you don't know? Wish there was a firearm rights Manual to share with people so they can be educated too. I have quite a few friends and co-workers that are completely clueless of their rights and the laws.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Still would like to know what transpired in the time before the video. I'm interested in the officer's approach and contact and the SGTs reaction & reply.

The LEOs here assume the guy reacted badly.

The non LEOs here assume the responding officer approached badly.

Until we see the interaction, both groups are guessing. And now we're eating our own defending or respective groups.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    First it was for resisting arrest-then it got changed to disobeyed a lawful order

Oops-had it wrong. Its for interfering with a peace officer while performing a duty. Still pretty lame.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That's what I was wondering. During the video he seemed to do as he was told.

Said the reason he was out walking which the cop later denied.

Never showed any signs if much resistance for the resisting arrest charge.

And the officer admitted he did not use a loud speaker when asking him to stop and with the amount of wind noise the camera was picking up it would be easy to not hear someone the first time they asked him to stop.

Seems they never asked him to disarm, but chose to make a grab for his weapon instead.

He could have kept a cooler head about him but I didn't see anything that would amount to resisting arrest. Just a pissed off cop with an "I'm gonna show you how it is" attitude.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    You read about how the officer forced the kid to stay in the cruiser until the kid answered his questions? And how the cop told the guy he's a bad excuse for a dad in front if his kid?

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    that is some sorry crap on the part of the TPD

I hope the guy lawyers up and wins

I wonder if they suspended his CHL over this?

they are not supposed to I think unless the charge is disorderly conduct

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I agree this guy was doing nothing wrong walking around with a rifle.

At some point, for his own safety, he could have cooled down a bit though.

In a very similar situation I never raised my voice and complied with the officers demands. I asked to speak, May, I point out that I am acting lawfully. May I show you where it states.... Am I free to go now?

I even, asked when asked for ID I said something like, "I want you to feel safe, my wallet is in my front pocket, ok to get it?"

Much like the song "there'll be time enough for counting, when the dealing's done"

There'll be time to protest the arrest and how you're handled, in the courts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rod99
    Top Bottom