• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Interesting it includes this, doesn't even mention night time...

Defense of Property. Texas Penal Code § 9.42, in turn, provides in relevant part that:

A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect … tangible, movable property [including cash and wallets] … when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary … to prevent the other's imminent commission of robbery [or] aggravated robbery …;  or … to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing robbery [or] aggravated robbery … from escaping with the property ….
    Guns International

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Zero chits given. The perp put himself in that position. He put the victims in that position too. It was a willful act. Good that he will be 6ft under, and it will be a shame if his family is not sued for distress or some other tort by his victims. This BS has to stop. We need real sentences that are a deterrent, and I think that immediate family should be fair game for compensation. Let the parents who raised such turds of society have some skin in the game..
    I wholeheartedly agree with making Eric Washington room temp but you lose me at holding the family responsible.

My family has done both illegal and reprehensible acts w/o my knowledge / consent so, why should I be accountable for their actions?

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I wholeheartedly agree with making Eric Washington room temp but you lose me at holding the family responsible.

My family has done both illegal and reprehensible acts w/o my knowledge / consent so, why should I be accountable for their actions?
    It’s in the upbringing. If the kid is raised with no moral values, then whose fault is that?

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    You go first.
    None. To be clear, my comment was specific to this case. Nowhere did I say every crime whether misdemeanor or felony applied. If I have to explain this, then you win. Let’s apply some common sense here

Last edited:

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    None. To be clear, my comment was specific to this case. Nowhere did I say every crime whether misdemeanor or felony applied. If I have to explain this, then you win. Let’s apply some common sense here
    I believe, right or wrong, that was inferred.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    It’s in the upbringing. If the kid is raised with no moral values, then whose fault is that?
    Not everything is the parents fault. Some kids are just evil...

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Sometimes it is homelife. Most people have to learn that coutesy and caring can bring rewards. Some never do. And some do it just for the thrill, something different and exciting.
    Some are just plain evil.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Reactions: gll

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The shooter will be facing serious legal problems as this gets sorted out in the TX justice system and Harris county. Can make one think about having the right kind of legal insurance in case of a defensive use of firearm.

Anyone involved in a shooting faces "serious" legal issues; but most likely this shooter will be no billed by a Grand Jury, which occurs with every shooting.

There is no "excessive force" due to the number of times he shot the armed robber, he felt threatened and defended his life and the lives of those in the restaurant.

Read the article @SA_Steve posted on 11 Jan at 7:35 PM, especially the final analysis. It is the clearest explanation of the facts as they are known at this time.

It wasn't the cleanest shoot, but it was justified and there likely isn't a jury in Texas that won't side with the defendant.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I sympathize with his mother...

"What he did, I don’t condone. He knew better. He never said anything that made me think he would go this route," Goodman continued. "He started working. He was striving because he said mom when you send someone to penitentiary, it breaks you."

In regard to the shooting death of business owner Hamid Warrich...

"He was there. He did not kill their father. But he was there, and their father got killed. And for that, I am sorry. I never got to say that to them, but I am sorry for that," Goodman said.

Her other comments about the number of times her son was shot are understandable coming from a mother, but the fact remains Washington was convicted of aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon and sentenced to 15 years in prison in connection to that shooting is more important.

He served seven years in prison and was released on parole; but in December and while on parole, he was charged with assaulting his common-law wife but later bonded out.

The fact he had an aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon conviction, then committed domestic battery (Washington was charged with misdemeanor family violence and was released on a personal recognizance bond. Other reporting stated he "he pushed his girlfriend to the ground and scratched her") will likely factor into the prosecution's decision to not charge the man who defended everyone in the restaurant.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom