7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Look at the case in Abilene father and son in jail because they misinterpreted the law. Trail starts this week. They have been in Jail since 2018
    Because Johnnie and Michael Miller murdered an unarmed neighbor in the public domain in broad daylight. They instigated the confrontation, they escalated the confrontation, and they murdered an unarmed man in front of his family. Johnnie and Michael Miller unquestionably deserve to spend the rest of their lives on the Taxpayer's dime, they'll likely contract HIV and be gione within a few years.

Eli

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    The easiest felonies for a Texas gun owner to commit, especially a non-LTC, is federal school zone law.

Example. To get just about anywhere I pass 3 schools. If I have Glock 19 (1 gun, 15 rnds) and no LTC, that is 6x16 = 96 felonies out and back. Similar for a truck gun.

And there is no “reciprocity”.

Even with a Texas LTC, if you are in the Federal school zone in some other state, you are committing a Federal felony.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    And there is no “reciprocity”.

Even with a Texas LTC, if you are in the Federal school zone in some other state, you are committing a Federal felony.

Though the federal law was written to exempt those with a legal right to carry a gun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    That law has only been charged as a crime as an accompanying charge. Basically along with other fed crimes like school shootings or drug dealing.

I can find no where that someone walking by a school or driving by has been charged.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    That law has only been charged as a crime as an accompanying charge. Basically along with other fed crimes like school shootings or drug dealing.

I can find no where that someone walking by a school or driving by has been charged.
    Obviously it’s not whether someone is charged but whether they are breaking the law. Unless you have a LTC in the state you commit the offense driving by a school with a gun is illegal. Most of us technically are at risk of breaking some ridiculous law on a regular basis.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Can one of you please catch me up on this so I wont have to read thru 21 pages?
    Did the shooter get caught? Go talk to cops? Get charged?

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I saw mother of the criminal said her son just trying to turn his life around after getting out of prison
    I have no doubt he wanted to, they all do when they get out and all lament to their momma. Their personality failings that led them to be criminals in the first place won't let them.

We could all pick up a gun and try to take money from others when times are bad. Men of character never consider such cowardly acts, no matter how bad things seem. We work a second or third job or try some other way. Weak minded pussies allow thoughts of easy money or peer pressure to lead them instead of integrity and character.

Rare is the robber, murderer or simple thief that doesn't know they are doing wrong.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    His lawyer has spoken with law enforcement.
    It up to a grand jury now.
    Thank you sir
    I wonder that charges the DA is asking for?
    He is clear under Texas law on the shooting I think.
    But the leaving..maybe a slap on the hand

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Thank you sir
    I wonder that charges the DA is asking for?
    He is clear under Texas law on the shooting I think.
    But the leaving..maybe a slap on the hand
    Take a look at the videos posted on this thread that discuss which shots are maybe self-defense and others legally in doubt by lawyers and other informed parties.

Top Bottom