• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Iamntxhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    I would say it is about in line with the state wide average to maybe, just maybe a bit higher. I wouldn't count on it though.
    Lynx Defense

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Now I'm waiting for Ralph Hall to get the boot. Nothing bad about him. He's just ineffective in his advanced elderly state and it is past time for new blood.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    New blood it is!

u3y4ybe3.jpg

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    So far it's a Tea Party sweep.

I thought the MSM had declared the party dead?

Well it is, the MSM told me so, duh.

I love the margin that Dewhurst got beat by, 30%, if that doesn't show how pissed people are at the shitty job he did after being an incumbent for 12 years I don't know what does.

I really hope these new kids on the block do what they say they will. Come on OC!

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Fox 4 out of Dallas is calling Dewhurst's asswhoopin' a "Pounding".

More like an entire state full of boots, tennis shoes, sandals, flip flops, high heels, flats and every other type of footwear kicking his ass back to the house.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Now I'm waiting for Ralph Hall to get the boot. Nothing bad about him. He's just ineffective in his advanced elderly state and it is past time for new blood.

Ralph has been great. 100% pro-gun voting record. I think he should have retired, but booting him out is not the answer either. I think the new guy is a RINO. Claims he protected the 2A while a Federal Prosecutor. Love to see him name one case where he did that.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Fox 4 out of Dallas is calling Dewhurst's asswhoopin' a "Pounding".

More like an entire state full of boots, tennis shoes, sandals, flip flops, high heels, flats and every other type of footwear kicking his ass back to the house.

The writing was on the wall when Cruz stomped him.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Ralph has been great. 100% pro-gun voting record. I think he should have retired, but booting him out is not the answer either. I think the new guy is a RINO. Claims he protected the 2A while a Federal Prosecutor. Love to see him name one case where he did that.

Agreed. Hall has been great but he should have passed the torch a long time ago. Our district had no choice but to give him the boot. Otherwise how could we stand on the side of term limits while we're continuously re-electing the same guy election cycle after election cycle.

I have voted for Ralph Hall in every single election cycle since I turned voting age except for this one. I have met Ralph Hall several times over the years. He has done a lot of good. But he didn't have the fire that he had when he was younger.

Our district made him not only one if the longest serving members of Congress in the history of the United States through our continuous support, and also the oldest member of Congress in US history.

But it was time whether Ralph wanted to admit it or not.

I don't feel bad about our ousting him.

Ratcliffe represents new blood which we needed badly. He is better suited to connect with younger voters and has a limited public record as mayor and as a US Attorney. I have met Ratcliffe and spoke with him directly about the Second Amendment. He is a strong supporter.

I'm not sure why anyone would call him a RINO. I see no evidence of it.

Last edited:

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    We voted, at lunch there was a whopping 21 republicans having voted. 12 democrats.

I'm relatively happy.

My real question is, who the crap am I supposed to have voted for, for ag commissioner?

I'm actually happy an oil man won the rail road commissioner nomination.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    We voted, at lunch there was a whopping 21 republicans having voted. 12 democrats.

I'm relatively happy.

My real question is, who the crap am I supposed to have voted for, for ag commissioner?

I'm actually happy an oil man won the rail road commissioner nomination.

For AG Commissioner you had Sid Miller, a 2A friendly rancher vs Tommy Merrit, a very successful businessman (I actually own interest in oil and gas wells in East Texas that Tommy owns interest in also so I've met him many times).

The rancher was the right guy for the job. Tommy has his merits (no pun intended) but we didn't need a rich guy buying his way into public office just because he was bored.

As for RR Commissioner we very much elected the right guy. Who better than someone who knows the industry as an insider and as someone who has personally witnessed the successes and failures of the RR Commission's actions throughout the years.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    For AG Commissioner you had Sid Miller, a 2A friendly rancher vs Tommy Merrit, a very successful businessman (I actually own interest in oil and gas wells in East Texas that Tommy owns interest in also so I've met him many times).

The rancher was the right guy for the job. Tommy has his merits (no pun intended) but we didn't need a rich guy buying his way into public office just because he was bored.

As for RR Commissioner we very much elected the right guy. Who better than someone who knows the industry as an insider and as someone who has personally witnessed the successes and failures of the RR Commission's actions throughout the years.

I just didn't vote for either guy, there was 2-3 hit pieces on Sid. Then just bizarre blogs on Tommy.

What do I know about agriculture anyway...

Top Bottom