• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    With the Senate and LG out of the question I wonder what government job he'll run to now in order to seek a paycheck for doing nothing productive.

I was thinking that yesterday too. I'm sure he's done enough 'favors' to land himself a cushy private sector gig.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Agreed. Hall has been great but he should have passed the torch a long time ago. Our district had no choice but to give him the boot. Otherwise how could we stand on the side of term limits while we're continuously re-electing the same guy election cycle after election cycle.

I have voted for Ralph Hall in every single election cycle since I turned voting age except for this one. I have met Ralph Hall several times over the years. He has done a lot of good. But he didn't have the fire that he had when he was younger.

Our district made him not only one if the longest serving members of Congress in the history of the United States through our continuous support, and also the oldest member of Congress in US history.

But it was time whether Ralph wanted to admit it or not.

I don't feel bad about our ousting him.

Ratcliffe represents new blood which we needed badly. He is better suited to connect with younger voters and has a limited public record as mayor and as a US Attorney. I have met Ratcliffe and spoke with him directly about the Second Amendment. He is a strong supporter.

I'm not sure why anyone would call him a RINO. I see no evidence of it.

I disagree with eating our own, especially someone with a near perfect voting record. We also lose seniority, which is very important for getting things done. Hall won in 2012 with 73%, it is not really clear to me why folks turned on him. I was inspired to vote for Hall, Ratcliffe I could not care less about. I see him as a step backwards in conservatism. At least we have not yet thrown Sam Johnson under the bus yet.

Iamntxhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    Agreed. Hall has been great but he should have passed the torch a long time ago. Our district had no choice but to give him the boot. Otherwise how could we stand on the side of term limits while we're continuously re-electing the same guy election cycle after election cycle.

I have voted for Ralph Hall in every single election cycle since I turned voting age except for this one. I have met Ralph Hall several times over the years. He has done a lot of good. But he didn't have the fire that he had when he was younger.

Our district made him not only one if the longest serving members of Congress in the history of the United States through our continuous support, and also the oldest member of Congress in US history.

But it was time whether Ralph wanted to admit it or not.

I don't feel bad about our ousting him.

Ratcliffe represents new blood which we needed badly. He is better suited to connect with younger voters and has a limited public record as mayor and as a US Attorney. I have met Ratcliffe and spoke with him directly about the Second Amendment. He is a strong supporter.

I'm not sure why anyone would call him a RINO. I see no evidence of it.

Excellent response and accurate as well.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I disagree with eating our own, especially someone with a near perfect voting record. We also lose seniority, which is very important for getting things done. Hall won in 2012 with 73%, it is not really clear to me why folks turned on him. I was inspired to vote for Hall, Ratcliffe I could not care less about. I see him as a step backwards in conservatism. At least we have not yet thrown Sam Johnson under the bus yet.

I'm not in the district, but I think it has to do with the anti-incumbent movement, which is long overdue. As for the voting record, you only have to look at our Senators. Cornyn's actions, or inactions have allowed bills to progress which he knew would pass, yet he was able to hide behind a no vote so his voting record looked good.

Sometimes in politics you have to compromise. Sometimes you have to take the fight to them. Would you rather have another Cornyn playing politics knowing he can hide behind a vote, or another Cruz who is more ready to take the fight to them where being against something means acting like it?

Or at least that's my take on it.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I'm not in the district, but I think it has to do with the anti-incumbent movement, which is long overdue. As for the voting record, you only have to look at our Senators. Cornyn's actions, or inactions have allowed bills to progress which he knew would pass, yet he was able to hide behind a no vote so his voting record looked good.

Sometimes in politics you have to compromise. Sometimes you have to take the fight to them. Would you rather have another Cornyn playing politics knowing he can hide behind a vote, or another Cruz who is more ready to take the fight to them where being against something means acting like it?

Or at least that's my take on it.

Hall is more conservative than Cruz. Hall voted against the bailouts, which few Republicans did. To even compare him to Cornyn is a joke. Perhaps your take is correct, with today's low-information voter, they just saw an old man and did not bother to research the issues.

I think it will be impossible for Ratcliffe to be more conservative than Hall. Hall is 100% pro-gun, 100% anti-ObamaCare, 100% fiscal responsible. The best Ratcliffe can do is equal him. One wrong vote, and he is worse.

I cannot think of a single vote where Hall did not vote the way his district asked him to vote.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Hall is more conservative than Cruz. Hall voted against the bailouts, which few Republicans did. To even compare him to Cornyn is a joke. Perhaps your take is correct, with today's low-information voter, they just saw an old man and did not bother to research the issues.

I think it will be impossible for Ratcliffe to be more conservative than Hall. Hall is 100% pro-gun, 100% anti-ObamaCare, 100% fiscal responsible. The best Ratcliffe can do is equal him. One wrong vote, and he is worse.

I cannot think of a single vote where Hall did not vote the way his district asked him to vote.

From what I heard, he refused to debate, or his campaign refused to allow him to debate. Admittedly I didn't follow the race closely, but if someone won't debate their fellow Republican opponent, what does that say about his willingness to debate anyone across the aisle?

The comment I did hear from him after the loss did sound sharp witted, but I think is still comes back to the anti-incumbent thing. Do we really need career politicians? Even if we agree with their voting record? How many decades is enough?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Do we really need career politicians? Even if we agree with their voting record? How many decades is enough?

I am OK with it. Nothing in the Constitution prevents it. Are we going to kick out Joe Barton, Lamar Smith and Sam Johnson? They are all next in seniority. How many terms till we boot Ted Cruz?

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    ura9e3e2.jpg

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Interesting you would fire someone for doing the job you hired them to do, just because they have become good at it over time.

It's the corruption that takes place the longer they stay in office. I think some of it also has to do with age and the years of watching what happens to politicians over time. Years ago, my father told me a story about when he first started working there was an old retired guy who used to come in and talk politics with him.

The old timer would talk about needing to vote out the incumbents to cut down on what we call pork and all the other baggage. My father used to argue about how wonderful whatever rep currently in office was and how he should be re-elected. When my father retired, he commented on the wisdom of that old man and how he had come to agree with him over time.

I now preach the same thing to my kids since they can vote, and even mention it to the grandkids now and again They're more interested in normal kid stuff, but they indulge me and pretend to listen for a short while anyway.

Top Bottom