• ...and so much more!
  • Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    So, came up at lunch today.......
    I've got May 31st off because it's a Saturday and I won't get paid OT to work it (don't worry about that - suffice to say I'm off work).

And since this is normally a work weekend, I don't have my kids.

So, I'm thinking of hosting a day of shooting at my land near Lexington...aka The compound, Freeman's Landing, El Campo de Mic, El Recito de Mic. I still haven't come up with an appropriate name - maybe I'll start another thread about that.

So, we'll probably start at about 10am. The place isabout a 45 min to 1 hr drive from North Austin. Neither directions or an address will be posted on here - just pipe in that you're in and as we get closer, I'll PM the address/directions to those who are in.

Just some note about the place.. It is a piece of land with a 100 yard range that has a 12 foot berm. I have a small unfinished 10x16 building on it (aka...the cabin). There is no running water. The only toilet is a portable camping toilet There is no electricity. We will have to bring all those things that make the place liveable for the 2 to 5 hours or that we're out there to shoot. I do have a small propane 2 burner grill that we can cook on though.

One more note on safety. This is only on 10 acres and I have neighbors on all sides. So, if you're not sure that you can safely place every round you shoot into a 12 foot berm, stay home! If you aren't sure that you can go out there and not endanger anybody, don't bother joining in the fun. As long as you can be safe, you're welcome to come.

I haven't told the ole' lady yet, but I'll probably invite you all over for a pot-luck dinner party that night.

Sound good to anybody?????

PS - Even if you are a summer sellout and leave Texas to go up North, you are invited to come back down for the day.... :rocket: :o

UPDATES

Here is the "I'm in for sure" tracker (If you've given me an I'm in for sure and you're not on here, let me know. If you've given me an "I'll try to make it", then let me know when you're in for sure:

Mic
    Bacon/Eva
    TexMex - Popup canopy, Popup 22 target
    Josh
    LJ/Mrs. LJ
    TheDan - weiners, possibly steel targets
    Military Camp

Last edited:

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Oh - Heck yeah. Since I've never gotten up for the Friday lunch thing, I'd love to meet some of the Austin folks. Just tell me what to bring.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Oh - Heck yeah. Since I've never gotten up for the Friday lunch thing, I'd love to meet some of the Austin folks. Just tell me what to bring.

We'll figure all that out as we get closer. Just need to know how many we have for now.

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I'd love to come. Haven't been able to make the lunches lately so it will be nice to see you all. Although by then I will probably have been going to the lunches again. Is there anything to consider with caliber? Could I bring my Garand? I'm not worried about missing the berm you just said it was only 100 yards so I wanted to make sure. I have a small camp stove. Maybe some other stuff I could bring. Oh, another question, after Hicksville I built a sawhorse to put melons on or something to shoot at the next one. Could I bring that and some melons? Also, thank you so much for your generous offer.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'm in and it sounds like the gf wants to come, too. You were saying something about an ATV at lunch... is the trail too small for my truck?

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    PS - Even if you are a summer sellout and leave Texas to go up North, you are invited to come back down for the day.... :rocket: :o

Yeah, right.

You've been hinting about this for 4 months. Then you wait to schedule it for when the temps here are still (almost) tolerable and it is a virtual certainty that I will be North of the 45th parallel.

Given that, I am sure that your directions to get from Fish Creek to your ranch would be totally profound --- "drive South". :roflsmile:

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I'd love to come. Haven't been able to make the lunches lately so it will be nice to see you all. Although by then I will probably have been going to the lunches again. Is there anything to consider with caliber? Could I bring my Garand? I'm not worried about missing the berm you just said it was only 100 yards so I wanted to make sure. I have a small camp stove. Maybe some other stuff I could bring. Oh, another question, after Hicksville I built a sawhorse to put melons on or something to shoot at the next one. Could I bring that and some melons? Also, thank you so much for your generous offer.

Garand is fine. Melons are always welcome on my property - especially big ones... :)

Top Bottom