• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    ... Then you wait to schedule it for when the temps here are still (almost) tolerable and it is a virtual certainty that I will be North of the 45th parallel...

Damn it. Won't be home till June 5th.

Really good scheduling Mic! I am impressed.

I bet the other people you don't really want to show up will get a PM that says "Drive to Port Aransas and then go East 15 miles." :roflfunny::laughing:

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Okay - three weeks away. Time to start planning.

First thing I need is who wants in. I'm going to have to cap this at 15 people so the group doesn't get too big or crazy. Post up here if you want in, but only do so if you are a solid go. Since I'm limiting the attendance, I don't want to have people saying I'm in, then bailing when somebody else could have made it. Here are the folks who have given me the yes so far:

Mic
    Bacon/Eva
    TexMex
    Josh
    LJ/Mrs. LJ (I should know you wives name, but damn if I didn't forget)

Here are some of the thing we'll need for a good day:

- Portable popup canopy things (the more the merrier)
    - Coolers of drinks (I'll be bringing one, at least one more would be good)
    - Jugs of water for handwashing, etc (I'll be bringing some, but as many as possible)
    - Cardboard (for target backers)
    - 1x2's (I'll be bringing these)
    - Targets/guns/ammo/eyes/ears (no shit)
    - Chairs (BYOC for this one)
    - Grill/charcoal/cooking utensils (so we don't have 15 neanderthals stabbing the grill with their knives - this is an Austin Friday Gun Lunch special little moment memory here)
    - Meat
    - Sides

Let's stay away from Tannerite and other explosive targets - too close to neighbors for that shit.
    If you can bring any of these, post it up. Whatever I miss that we need, post it up.
    I'll go ahead and put the list of who is coming and what they are bringing in the original post.

As far as the party afterwards at the house, I think we're still going to do this, but I'm not 100% yet. If you are planning to go to this if we have it, post that up as well.
    Let's make this a wildly successful day. If it turns out that way, we'll make it an annual thing.
    I will not be posting the address on here. Once we get all the attendees, I will PM you each the address/directions.

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I'm pretty sure I can come. I will have to double check. My girlfriend's parent's bought me tickets to visit them in Bermuda, which is nice, but no one asked me when I was free. I'm pretty sure I get back on the 30th but I have to double check.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I need to catch up with you guys since I've been absent from the Friday lunches (they put gps in my work truck...........). I will try my best to make it out there in 3 weeks. Any feral hogs by chance to take down on this land? Kinda doubt it with the size but if so I need to look at having my hunting license.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Mic, I greatly appreciate you offering your place up for us to enjoy, you are a good feller. Since my work schedule is so fickle I am not going to say that I'm in, cause sure as shit, it will change. Just wanted to express my gratitude to you for the invite. Hopefully I can catch up with y'all down the road.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I'll be there for sure...so hard to decide which guns to bring. I will bring a pop up tent and a pop up 22 target for starters. As we get closer to the date, I'll post more details.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Dang, that's the same Saturday at the Premier Gun Show in San Antonio! Sorry I won't be able to make it, but maybe one of these days...

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Okay - updating the front page with the people who are solid "ins". Still have room, so anybody who isn't sure yet, check back when you know you can make it!

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    SAT
    1b.png
    86°/68°
    20 % precip

20%... I like those odds.

If I can remember to grab my steel targets on Friday I'll bring those. What are we doing for lunch that day? Grilling?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom