0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    SAT
    1b.png
    86°/68°
    20 % precip

20%... I like those odds.

If I can remember to grab my steel targets on Friday I'll bring those. What are we doing for lunch that day? Grilling?

Yes to the grilling!

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    How late are y'all planning on staying?

I'm guessing we're looking at about 2-4 PM, but we'll basically run until we all lose interest or energy.

Since I haven't heard any feedback on the post shooting party/gathering at the house, we'll scrap that idea. This will also hold off any pressure to finish up early on the shooting.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    We've still got room for more and we still have plenty of things we need to bring.

And...we've got weather concerns.....Keeping an eye on this.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I think I'm going to have to bow out on this. I don't have any ammo loaded up for my 300bo and only a few ladder tests for my 5.56 upper (that I haven't shot in ages). That and I probably need to spend my weekend fixing up the steering linkage on my truck.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I have already decided on a few guns I'm bringing. Specifically, a VZ 58, a 10/22(my TGT RFC competition rifle), an STI GP6 and my new Baby eagle clone the T120. I am considering my Steyr AUG or scoped AR but I'm still on the fence. My range bag is getting awfully heavy already. The garand is also a hoot to shoot and would probably be right at home on the sandy beaches of El campo de Mic but it probably won't make the cut. Oh, and for the first timers at mics place, don't be afraid to pack your sandals, you may need them.
    In addition to the pop up tent and target, I will also bring a dozen or so bottles of water and a sheet or blanket for catching spent brass. It tends to disappear in the sand otherwise.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I have IM'd directions to everybody who I know is coming and a couple others who were hoping to.
    If you want to come and I missed you, IM me for directions.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    This will disappear later, but if anybody needs to get ahold of me today.......

.....Phone number removed.....

Couple things:
    - Tex noted it's sandy - boots recommended
    - No power or running water - just containers of water I and others will bring
    - You'll be shitting in a lil camping toilet, so go before you leave if ya can.

Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    You guys have fun. If I wasn't headed out of town tomorrow I would probably be there.

On a side note, an old trampoline mat works well for catching brass. Once the spring tabs start to go they are worthless anyways. Most people trash them but they can be very handy.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    We had a great time. Thanks to all who came and for everything you all contributed!!!

Josh couldn't make it...had some kind of lame excuse ...:D

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Yeah, my excuse for not making it out is pretty weak too. One sea, an ocean and three continents should not have been a hinderance. ;)

Top Bottom