• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    When you're stage 4 and it's spread though your body you certainly can die that quickly.

It's pretty obvious you've never had much experience with cancer.

Many people with that type of cancer, discovered at stage 4 never have surgery. The cancer has metastasized so far through their body it's meaningless.

Actually, No.
    Not at all.

Cancer is not a single disease and generalities are inapplicable.
    Cancers are a family of 100+ types of diseases (based on tissue of origin) with very little in common to one another.

Glioblastomas are not even staged.
    They don't metastasize (spread through blood or lymphatics) so they are not staged.

They are voraciously local invading and exist in a "malignant" location inside a fixed volume calvarium.

No one dies quickly due to the discontinuation of treatment.
    They quit treatment when they are about to die.

Read up on it a titch.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Actually, No.
    Not at all.

Cancer is not a single disease and generalities are inapplicable.
    Cancers are a family of 100+ types of diseases (based on tissue of origin) with very little in common to one another.

Glioblastomas are not even staged.
    They don't metastasize (spread through blood or lymphatics) so they are not staged.

They are voraciously local invading and exist in a "malignant" location inside a fixed volume calvarium.

No one dies quickly due to the discontinuation of treatment.
    They quit treatment when they are about to die.

Read up on it a titch.

This^^^^^.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Granddad retired as a 4 star
    Dad retired as a 4 star
    He retired as a Col.

IF you dad was a 4 star and you are an Academy Grad you will likely make a star, if you have a good record, 2 star, outstanding record 3 star, filled the shoes of dad and then some 4 star.

2 x 4 stars and Academy grad and only a O-6 tells me everything. He was given O-6 to save the embarrassment of retired as an O-5 or less. My guess is he wore he Gd/D's rank betting he would make it. Add in him being an POW which is almost a in the bag retirement as an O-6 if you stay past 20 and in his case he was in 23 years and a POW, they handed him O-6 and tole him to retire then or never make O-6 if he stayed...

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Granddad retired as a 4 star
    Dad retired as a 4 star
    He retired as a Col.

IF you dad was a 4 star and you are an Academy Grad you will likely make a star, if you have a good record, 2 star, outstanding record 3 star, filled the shoes of dad and then some 4 star.

2 x 4 stars and Academy grad and only a O-6 tells me everything. He was given O-6 to save the embarrassment of retired as an O-5 or less. My guess is he wore he Gd/D's rank betting he would make it. Add in him being an POW which is almost a in the bag retirement as an O-6 if you stay past 20 and in his case he was in 23 years and a POW, they handed him O-6 and tole him to retire then or never make O-6 if he stayed...
    If you're referring to McCain, you'll find that his last assignment was running the Senate Liaison Office--a posting that he relished, and gave him a taste for "the game". When he decided he wanted to get out of the Navy, no less than SecNav John Lehman took McCain to the side and told him his flag rank was in the works and urged him to remain in the Navy. McCain told him NO and that he wanted to run for office. And he did.

I am no McCain fan--in fact, I despised many of his votes. I was so very pissed off when he theatrically gave the thumbs-down and torpedoed the repeal of Obamacare. Horrible decision for this nation, but there you have it.

Now, having said all that, I can never take away from the man that he served honorably and well as a Naval Officer under the most horrific conditions. One of his cellmates was Air Force Colonel Bud Day--a holder of the MOH, the Air Force Cross, DFC, Silver Star, Bronze Stars, and so on (actually said to be the most decorated US Officer since MacArthur)--who has frequently given glimpses of just how hard it was in captivity and how well McCain handled himself under those circumstances.

As an aside, Bud Day passed away within the last few years and was posthumously-promoted to Brig.Gen. He served as an enlisted Marine during WWII, a brief stint in the US Army, took a commission in the Iowa Air National Guard and went through pilot training. He later augmented into the regular Air Force. He was also an attorney.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    If you're referring to McCain, you'll find that his last assignment was running the Senate Liaison Office--a posting that he relished, and gave him a taste for "the game". When he decided he wanted to get out of the Navy, no less than SecNav John Lehman took McCain to the side and told him his flag rank was in the works and urged him to remain in the Navy. McCain told him NO and that he wanted to run for office. And he did.

I am no McCain fan--in fact, I despised many of his votes. I was so very pissed off when he theatrically gave the thumbs-down and torpedoed the repeal of Obamacare. Horrible decision for this nation, but there you have it.

Now, having said all that, I can never take away from the man that he served honorably and well as a Naval Officer under the most horrific conditions. One of his cellmates was Air Force Colonel Bud Day--a holder of the MOH, the Air Force Cross, DFC, Silver Star, Bronze Stars, and so on (actually said to be the most decorated US Officer since MacArthur)--who has frequently given glimpses of just how hard it was in captivity and how well McCain handled himself under those circumstances.

As an aside, Bud Day passed away within the last few years and was posthumously-promoted to Brig.Gen. He served as an enlisted Marine during WWII, a brief stint in the US Army, took a commission in the Iowa Air National Guard and went through pilot training. He later augmented into the regular Air Force. He was also an attorney.
    Sec Navy does not promote, does not hurt to have him on your side, but making flag grade rests more with other flag grades than Congress or POTUS, they pretty much rubber stamp what ever is forwarded.

I won't go into the many nuances of the flag grade world, there are many and no doubt far more than even I know and I sat on prime staff at a 4 star command HQ for almost 10 years working with them everyday, interesting to say the least...

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Sec Navy does not promote, does not hurt to have him on your side, but making flag grade rests more with other flag grades than Congress or POTUS, they pretty much rubber stamp what ever is forwarded.

I won't go into the many nuances of the flag grade world, there are many and no doubt far more than even I know and I sat on prime staff at a 4 star command HQ for almost 10 years working with them everyday, interesting to say the least...
    If SecNav tells you it’s happening, that means the wheels are in motion, not that he—personally—is making it happen. But an affirmative statement like was made to him by SecNav indicates a near-certainty.

FWIW—there are other veterans aboard TGT, sir, even if not shown in our avatar. ;) cheers!

phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    McCain served his country as a military man with great honor. I disagreed with him at times in the senate, but agreed wtih him more as he has appoinpted conservative justices and been for gun rights. That said I think he flushed his legacy with his grand standing thumbs down vote. He voted purely to screw trump

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    McCain served his country as a military man with great honor. I disagreed with him at times in the senate, but agreed wtih him more as he has appoinpted conservative justices and been for gun rights. That said I think he flushed his legacy with his grand standing thumbs down vote. He voted purely to screw trump
    • The point is he served with very little honor. He is no hero for coperating with the enemy at the Hanoi Hilton He was a pampered puppy watched over and covered up for by family. The Navy never set blame for the fire bombing of the Forestal after he wet started his aircraft. But he was removed from the ship while the bodies were still warm. He and John Kerry spent much time makiung the facts secret and doing much harm to his fellow prisoners by not allowing his actions or the information of others to be released. The more I read The more of a scumbag he turns out to be.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    That said I think he flushed his legacy with his grand standing thumbs down vote. He voted purely to screw trump
    ....but just f****d you and me.

While Im as sick as everyone else about hearing about Mcain, I thought this was perfectly stated...
    ============================================
    C/P snippet Quote from lklawson @ HPForums......
    If they are blabbering about McCain then they are not blabbering about some other agenda they are trying to push. There are only so many minutes in the news cycle. If they use them up on gushing over McCain then they are not using them up for something worse. I am fine with them going on and on about him.
    ============================================

Top Bottom