• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It was at half staff for the appropriate amount of time for a senator per the US Flag Code. So there's that.

http://www.usflag.org/uscode36.html

You are correct.

This congressman's death has been politicized more than any in recent memory, so, I must agree the extension was optional and is a presidential concession to aforementioned politicization.

Mr. Trump reads the political whims quite adeptly.

HKS

Oh, and here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Vexillological_Association

Vexillological
    There's a word for your next Scrabble party

Last edited:

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    When I think of "Songbird" (the codename the NVA called him) I can't help but be reminded of Cicero who said - "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague."

I know too many Vietnam vets and heard too many of their stories in my life to have ever seen him as anything but a lying traitor. The worlds a far better place without his ilk, crying shame he couldn't have taken John Kerry with him.......
    It is difficult to come up with a reason for the efforts to cover, by classifying all his military records except for commendations and medals, the events of his service. There had to be more than family honor. The true story of the USS Forestall was not the beginning of his renegade treason. The composed cover story uses enough of the truth, to mask him being responsible, but antics afterward, getting shot down over Hanoi, because he couldn't pass up one more hotdog action. He disobeyed altitude restrictions and caught a Sam missile that ultimately resulted in flight information being used for the death of other pilots.
    People are so confused by the narrative of his past they even called his Grandfather a General who signed the treaty on the USS Missouri.
    His political career was only a continuation.

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    I don't like to speak bad of those who have died. I lost my mother and fiance to cancer and I can't think of a harsher way for someone to die.

My sentiments mirror yours as far as his political career.
    Did anyone ever see signs of brain surgery when they found the glioblastoma? Why did he die so quickly after announcing he was stopping the cancer drugs, and why not all medication?
    Death does not come a couple days after you stop meds.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Did anyone ever see signs of brain surgery when they found the glioblastoma? Why did he die so quickly after announcing he was stopping the cancer drugs, and why not all medication?
    Death does not come a couple days after you stop meds.

When you're stage 4 and it's spread though your body you certainly can die that quickly.

My mother was diagnosed with stage 4 uterine cancer, she went into treatment, spent 30 days in the hospital. Got tired of being in there. Quit treatment and left. My dad picked her up at the hospital, they went to Costco, and then home. He took stuff into the house while she followed him. He went back outside and she was laying in the grass unresponsive.

Total time off treatment....five hours.

A few years later my dad was diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer. It had spread to his spine, lungs and liver. He went into treatment, 45 days later he quit treatment and died three hours later.

It's pretty obvious you've never had much experience with cancer.

Many people with that type of cancer, discovered at stage 4 never have surgery. The cancer has metastasized so far through their body it's meaningless.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    When you're stage 4 and it's spread though your body you certainly can die that quickly.

My mother was diagnosed with stage 4 uterine cancer, she went into treatment, spent 30 days in the hospital. Got tired of being in there. Quit treatment and left. My dad picked her up at the hospital, they went to Costco, and then home. He took stuff into the house while she followed him. He went back outside and she was laying in the grass unresponsive.

Total time off treatment....five hours.

A few years later my dad was diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer. It had spread to his spine, lungs and liver. He went into treatment, 45 days later he quit treatment and died three hours later.

It's pretty obvious you've never had much experience with cancer.

Many people with that type of cancer, discovered at stage 4 never have surgery. The cancer has metastasized so far through their body it's meaningless.

Sorry to hear about your mother, but to assume another person's expertise or experience with Cancer based on your one experience is not nice, nor really pertinent.

Cancer is not an ignition problem on a car. Putting aside the multitude of variables in different Cancers, there is the variation in individuals ability to survive ANY situation .
    But, generally speaking , anyone who dies in such a short time after stopping treatment , was going to die very shortly anyway .

Top Bottom