• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Just check the Reddit Southwest Airlines discussion subreddit. Can’t quote here but the subreddit warns that if you post anything referring to Covid vaxx, sickout, walkout or other than the FAA or Southwest party line, your post will be deleted and you will be banned.

Remember when the internet was crying for free speech?
    DK Firearms

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    22228.jpeg

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Just check the Reddit Southwest Airlines discussion subreddit. Can’t quote here but the subreddit warns that if you post anything referring to Covid vaxx, sickout, walkout or other than the FAA or Southwest party line, your post will be deleted and you will be banned.

Remember when the internet was crying for free speech?

Can’t have anyone even imply an illegal work stoppage which imperils SWAPA’s (SWA pulot union) lawsuit against the policy. Sometimes the conspiracy just isn’t there.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Hundreds of flights being cancelled because the ATC union is staging a walkout in protest over the vax requirements. Zero MSM coverage of this event but expect major issues if you are booking flights in the next few days. Southwest is claiming their cancellations are due to "weather".

Only non MSM info is getting out and much of that is likely being censored by Google

The SW announcement I watched clearly blamed aircraft controllers along with weather

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    I guess I will rephrase the question - what fronts, storms, or other weather patterns have impacted flights before or during the SWA flight cancellations? Is there any truth to the SWA party line that the disruptions were due to weather?

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I guess I will rephrase the question - what fronts, storms, or other weather patterns have impacted flights before or during the SWA flight cancellations? Is there any truth to the SWA party line that the disruptions were due to weather?

Only if they're flying paper airplanes - the other airlines serving the same routes haven't had the same issues. It's a sick-out but they can't call it that, because it would be illegal (breach of their union's contract with a no-strike clause) and jeopardize their current lawsuit IF they admitted it was any sort of work slow down / strike. According to Tim Pool, the people he's talked to at SWA say its just people hitting their breaking point and taking their vacay / sick time before they quit or get fired for no Jaby Jab. Either way - SWA is screw-diddly-oo'd unless they back off from the mandates and start treating employees better. United is supposedly having some pilots / air crews calling out as well.

I saw a post by Robby Starbuck earlier also allegedly by a train conductor with UP that their union has taken UP to the negotiating table over the mandate, and that people have been discussing a strike or sick-out, warning that if the trains stop moving, the current food and goods shortages are going to get a lot worse.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I'm not so sure anymore. Blancolirio's channel had a good explanation:

Makes sense. Thin lines and IROPS screw you at the drive thru.

I was on non-stop UA flights on the SAT/DEN city pair Thurs and Monday and while there was some eqpt changes, all was on time. B737 to A320 on Monday that drove UA to offer bidding for seat swaps to Tuesday. I passed due to my fare code but the flight was full and a couple of pax were bumped in addition to anyone that took the seat swaps.

Top Bottom