• how old are you

• Total voters

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    Well Flash the old geezer just posted I'am 72 and can still hit what I shoot at

Congratulations! I respectfully defer to your superior wisdom and premium vintage!

Do you have any wisdom regarding women for the young folks?

Flash
    FOG #2
    Yeah , Make sure she is cute ,smart with handling money, good sence of humor and you just know she is the one.
    52 years this Oct with mine and would do it all again .
    OH and when I met her at the Desplaines McDonalds she was Driving a red 53 OLDS 98 convert.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    OH and when I met her at the Desplaines McDonalds she was Driving a red 53 OLDS 98 convert.

For the Non Chicago folks in the group, that McDonalds was the first ever McD's located in in Desplaines, Illinois. 308Nato and I both have some history there. I used to ride my bicycle to the place as a kid to get those wonderful 11 cent fries and he met his lady, there. It was a major hangout and is now a museum. McD's also has a "Hamburger University" in the area to train their managers.

Remember those vintage slope back Oldsmobiles with the J2 performance package? That engine swap was was some hot stuff!

Party on!

Flash
    FOG #2

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yeah , Make sure she is cute ,smart with handling money, good sence of humor and you just know she is the one.
    52 years this Oct with mine and would do it all again .

That right there marks her as a keeper.

26 yrs old in this life. I still can't grow a full beard though.:mad::mad:

I've got almost a decade on you, and a beard just isn't in the cards.

If I'm fresh-shaved (within the last 48 hours, LOL) and wearing a cap, I still get carded for booze. Instead of ID, I usually just take the hat off.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I'm surprised some of you geezers even know how to work a computer! lol

Some of us may have helped invent the computer.

Some of us remember the "home computers" as toys....TI-99 4A, Atari, Commodore 64 and the 64/128 and several others. Loading programs with a cassette tape. Or an 8" floppy disk. Or a 5¼" floppy disk. I remember programming computers with IBM punch cards. Or punched paper/foil tape. Hell, the H.A.W.K. missile system had punched paper tape programming in the Platoon Command Post. Some of us were messing around with DOS before Gates and his boys were even aware of computers and LONG before Windoze and the other abortions of operating systems. I still use a lot of the DOS keyboard commands to "move" around on my computer, rather than taking my hands off the keyboard and reaching for the mouse.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Some of us remember the "home computers" as toys....TI-99 4A, Atari, Commodore 64 and the 64/128 and several others. Loading programs with a cassette tape. Or an 8" floppy disk. Or a 5¼" floppy disk. I remember programming computers with IBM punch cards. Or punched paper/foil tape. Hell, the H.A.W.K. missile system had punched paper tape programming in the Platoon Command Post. Some of us were messing around with DOS before Gates and his boys were even aware of computers and LONG before Windoze and the other abortions of operating systems. I still use a lot of the DOS keyboard commands to "move" around on my computer, rather than taking my hands off the keyboard and reaching for the mouse.

Holy Hell, I made a joke - and it turned out to be serious! I hope when I get that old I'm still as spry as some of you old geezers - and can still figure out technology. Hell, my grandmother can barely use a cellphone.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

I miss DOS, I've used punch tape, cassette tape (had to have that player adjusted just right), and used to mess around with simple BASIC programs when I was a kid.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Computers? Oh boy have things changed!
    My firsts?
    TRS 80- 17 K of memory and serial cassette tape storage
    TRS 80 with twin 5 1/4 floppy drives
    TRS 80 laptop with twin 3 1/2 floppy drives and Z8088 processor racing at 4 MHz! A friend taught me how to kick it up to 8MHz....fast, huh?!

DOS
    Basic programming.
    The pre Internet step for me was ERIC which was a reference data base that pulled up abstracts of technical articles. It was on library networks.
    The first hard drives were 1 meg and WAY too expensive ($2000). Imagine, a FULL MEG of storage! It was like a cavern.
    Serial Interfaces and BIG cables.
    I refused to get into the 'Net for a long time as I saw my sister turn into a chair bound 'Net addict. Finally got into it in 1994-5.

Elmer Keith wrote a book about the development of the .44 magnum and other firearms breakthroughs. It's entitled "Hell, I was there!"
    Computers? Hell, I was there!

Flash

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I miss DOS, I've used punch tape, cassette tape (had to have that player adjusted just right), and used to mess around with simple BASIC programs when I was a kid.

I still remember the first Winders machine I ever saw back in high school...I hated the whole mouse thing. I was used to DOS and AutoCAD, and the keyboard was my friend.

chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    Computers? Oh boy have things changed!
    My firsts?
    TRS 80- 17 K of memory and serial cassette tape storage
    TRS 80 with twin 5 1/4 floppy drives
    TRS 80 laptop with twin 3 1/2 floppy drives and Z8088 processor racing at 4 MHz! A friend taught me how to kick it up to 8MHz....fast, huh?!

DOS
    Basic programming.
    The pre Internet step for me was ERIC which was a reference data base that pulled up abstracts of technical articles. It was on library networks.
    The first hard drives were 1 meg and WAY too expensive ($2000). Imagine, a FULL MEG of storage! It was like a cavern.
    Serial Interfaces and BIG cables.
    I refused to get into the 'Net for a long time as I saw my sister turn into a chair bound 'Net addict. Finally got into it in 1994-5.

Elmer Keith wrote a book about the development of the .44 magnum and other firearms breakthroughs. It's entitled "Hell, I was there!"
    Computers? Hell, I was there!

Flash

HUH? They had geeks back in the 60's?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202