• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I didn't watch the whole thing, so if they were not frenzied then your stepping in may have been the thing to do. But if they were - then the vid of you getting your ass handed to you would have been hard to watch.
    A man does what is right regardless of the consequences. At least that is how my father lived his life and how he raised me.

Anything else is cowardly.

And from my observations and experience, it usually only takes one person standing up to put a stop to it.

Last edited:

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    The number of cameras recording the stop should have shown more than has been released. Yup, not out yet?
    Well, they took the nightsticks away from the 'bobbies' (yes in our early history, bad guy got severely knocked by a nightstick as cops were NOT armed), Trunnions (whatever they are called) gone, can't 'sit' on the guy's back to restrain. So you get to try to grab the guys flailing arms and legs. Good luck - you got a young kid? Try that with them. We STILL don't know what caused they guys death!! Yes, reported as injuries due to assault. Really? Brain bleed? Spleen, kidney, liver, lung injuries are usually survivable.
    I've seen just one 'illegal' case, drunk resisted, got a right to the abdomen, promptly doubled up and shoved into the back seat of the cruiser. Problem solved. On shore patrol, some were issued night sticks that were more of a deterrent. Dockside you got a carbine to 'challenge' with. And they were loaded.
    Beating someone up when you have the badge isn't right, period. But we don't know all the situation. People don't normally resist the cops unless they are stupid or have a reason. But it does seem to be a more common occurrence.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    A man does what is right regardless of the consequences. At least that is how my father lived his life and how he raise me.

And from my observations and experience, it usually only takes one person standing up to put a stop to it.
    Chivalry is WONDERFUL but.....................They were THE POLICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It might get you.............
    Killed
    Injured
    Arrested
    Harassed
    'Lawyered' into financial difficulties?

Hallmark will have movies about these wonderful outcomes.(call me a cynic)

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    A man does what is right regardless of the consequences. At least that is how my father lived his life and how he raise me.

If the Sheriff Deputies present were unable to stop the incident, I don't believe the average person would have been more successful. Was the lack of action by the Deputies cowardly? The Ambulance crew and other officers at the scene chose not to intervene.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Chivalry is WONDERFUL but.....................They were THE POLICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Killed
    Injured
    Arrested
    Harassed

right is right and wrong is wrong regardless of who it may apply toeven le officersplus we have an awesometool we can use various forms of social media and even local mdia outlets like newspaper rv and radio

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

personally i'd rather take an ass whooping than be called a coward!

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks

In general, I'm in agreement with you.
    That said - situations vary and avoiding suicide isn't necessarily cowardly.
    Just sayin.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Well you can find other ways. Record em, make it clear they need to rethink actions, get it uploaded fast, not saying I have all the answers but to just stand back and not even shout anything…

All it could have taken was “guys! Your life and job worth this? Think”.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Killed
    Injured
    Arrested
    Harassed

If you go back and read, you will find my post was in response to someone talking about the other officers standing back.

But put that aside. Speaking up could get you arrested, harassed, etc. On the other hand, standing by and doing nothing in that situation could haunt a person for life.

Top Bottom