• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    What? Dude!!!!What part of that post, where I was DEFENDING you, did you not get? Look it over again. Right here, on this thread .

I didn't pick up a club until I was in my mid 40's . It wasn't easy. I model my swing after the great Sam Sneed.

Like I said though , ( look back), most folks are clueless as to what it takes to be good at golf. Just to make sure, your "card" is a PGA professional tour card, right?

That's pretty damn awesome, if so. PM me your real name , ( or... just in case... ) your professional playing name, so I can follow you.

Best wishes, and "keep it in the short grass".. ( whatever that means. )

Had a buddy of mine tell me I reminded him of Michael Jackson . I asked why, he said: because you both wear one glove for no apparent reason.

No no no. Not tour card. I wish I was that good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Venture Surplus ad

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    No no no. Not tour card. I wish I was that good

Ohhhh... I get it. So you give lessons, because you're a pro. You stand 20 feet behind the the guys and tell them their left elbow is flaring, and you get up with your junk in the females butts, so you can "guide" them through the swing.

Rock on bud!

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I think it's quaint how many people here still think that retirement will still be a thing in 10 years......

....we'll all be working and paying for the government largess until we can physically work no longer.....then Obamacare will "retire" us as we sleep in the hospital.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Pffft, maybe we have 20-40 years before we destroy ourselves anyway. Revelation is for realz.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Ohhhh... I get it. So you give lessons, because you're a pro. You stand 20 feet behind the the guys and tell them their left elbow is flaring, and you get up with your junk in the females butts, so you can "guide" them through the swing.

Rock on bud!

He said it was a kids program...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy

Rock on bud!

Shame you think that’s how it works... you should take the trip down from where you live and take a lesson from me. Your perspective will totally change

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    The little experience I've had teaching pistol to kids has taught me that it's something I truly love.

OTOH, the whole process of getting formal permission from parents to touch their kid is a real downer.
    I agree whole heartedly. It is rewarding. But it can be a pain.

from an idjit coffeeholic

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I'm a Mellinial as well. Took me about 8 years after hearing the jokes to realize that's my generation. I thought I was Gen X, but apparently that kinda merged in with the Mellinials.

I joined the military to learn diesel mechanics, and became pretty well rounded while in. Now, I'm working automotive/diesel/construction and farm equipment, house electric (swapping fixtures and outlets), building furniture, learning the ins and outs of firearms and firearm laws, running a fleet maintenance shop, planning events, teaching myself videography, getting involved in local politics, trying to be a better dad and husband, staying professional at work, and have kind of become the go to problem solver for a few people. I'm not where I want to be in life, but I'm no deadbeat either.

I thought this all was normal adulthood. There really needs to be two categories - Mellenial for all the lazy ones, and Gen X/Y for us normal functioning adults.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    Unfortunately I’m a part of that age range, or get lumped into being part of that age range being a year short of 25. I can think of 10 guys I know that are my age or a little older who don’t work and choose not to work. Most live off of mommy and daddy’s dime, live at home, and smoke weed and drink all day. Every day I hop on Snapchat and see all these people doing different things during regular 9-5 business hours. Some are at the zoo, movies, lounging at home, getting high but none of them are at work. Not one person snapchats about how they’re at work. I sum up my generation as a total loss

I know one just like that. Lived with his rich granny. Best job he ever had was stocker at Adidas. Never had to pay rent. Dosent know what interest is, etc.
    One night got drunk and ran into and killed a 19yo girl. His granny spent 100k trying to keep him free but he was sentanced to 38 years. Will likely do 19.
    He writes letters sharing his fantasies of innocent people being killed , like "what vegas shooter did was COOL".
    I can only assume years of drug use and gaming makes him think like this.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    The little experience I've had teaching pistol to kids has taught me that it's something I truly love.

OTOH, the whole process of getting formal permission from parents to touch their kid is a real downer.
    If we can find a range that will allow us the freedom and flexibility, both my daughter and I would love some instruction. Just sayin'.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Shame you think that’s how it works... you should take the trip down from where you live and take a lesson from me. Your perspective will totally change

Don't encourage him, he lives in White thrash Settlement. I am not even sure there 8s a course there. He would probably be a sloppygolfer too.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Social Security and Medicare are increasingly eating up the federal budget. Combined right now they are over 50% of the federal budget.. If you add in Medicaid its 64%... It continues to increase.. We won't be able to afford ANYTHING except those programs if we continue to allow them to go on.

Again,

Social Security isn't funded from the Federal Budget.

It's an accounting trick to make the deficits look smaller than they are.

What they do is take the money from SS and roll it into the budget then put SS into the budget. Up till very recently SS was taking in more money than it was paying out. That doesn't even begin to account for the money that used to be in the SS trust fund that Congress raided and replaced with IOUs.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    If we can find a range that will allow us the freedom and flexibility, both my daughter and I would love some instruction. Just sayin'.
    Like any instructor in any discipline, I am intimidated by students who are demonstrably more intelligent than I am. Your daughter would be a problem. :)

PM sent.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    I'm a Mellinial as well. Took me about 8 years after hearing the jokes to realize that's my generation. I thought I was Gen X, but apparently that kinda merged in with the Mellinials.

I joined the military to learn diesel mechanics, and became pretty well rounded while in. Now, I'm working automotive/diesel/construction and farm equipment, house electric (swapping fixtures and outlets), building furniture, learning the ins and outs of firearms and firearm laws, running a fleet maintenance shop, planning events, teaching myself videography, getting involved in local politics, trying to be a better dad and husband, staying professional at work, and have kind of become the go to problem solver for a few people. I'm not where I want to be in life, but I'm no deadbeat either.

I thought this all was normal adulthood. There really needs to be two categories - Mellenial for all the lazy ones, and Gen X/Y for us normal functioning adults.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Jeremy, I had that impression of you in the very first moments we met. Your participation in the event, your general sanity, and don't forget...your wife and kid are a tell and an extension of yourself.

You are a man worthy of admiration in any generation.

UUUUGH....Now for you other fockers....

Gilbert C. Your ignorance is only surpassed by your thin skin. What? You don't think being a member at a practice facility where they built a special tee for Tiger, Nike moved their R&D dept. to, and besides Tiger, Noah Bengay (spl.?) was a member makes me clueless?

PGA pros would come by all the time and give me free lessons. Once, one of them looked at a driver I had. A Ping 5.5° stiff shafted driver. "Damn son, that's something I would use, that's a lot of club." Yep. No doubt. But, I also had that club, and Mr. Whippy, a loaner from the office that's basically a driver head on a car antenna, and swapped them back and forth between shots.

Each had their own feedback to give, and the experience was beneficial, and I was hitting both well enough to catch the attention of fellow golf range users.

I took one official payed for lesson. I was having trouble with my fairway woods, so, the pro told me some things to do, and I hit my 3 wood about 240 yrds. Then we did some video work, which REALLY helped because, I am very knowledgeable about the golf swing, but can't see myself while doing it.

Sooo.....what earth shattering revelations are you going to offer me, should I make the trip?

Maybe that you are a spoiled, delusional millennial?

Top Bottom