Minneapolis police not the only 'startled' officers.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Minneapolis not the only cops 'startled.

startled cops.jpg
    Gun Zone Deals

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Hernandez, a graduate of West Point, a former infantry officer and special forces officer with ten years in the army (but with no direct combat experience), resigned while under investigation, shaken by the incident and its aftermath. The report delved into the psychological impact of the event, the stressors involved, and the potential factors leading to such a severe misjudgment.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Low hiring standards have their consequences.
    Now, a big acorn can be pretty loud, its not that far fetched to *consider* if it might have been a gunshot, HOWEVER...

Being a cop is a thinking man's game. You hear a loud bang that you think is a gun shot coming from your searched and handcuffed prisoner? If you lack confidence in your search abilities so you think you missed a gun, that alone should disqualify you.

But that aside... what is the totality of the circumstances? You heard a loud bang come from your police car. Is any glass broken? Any bullet holes? Any signs of continued "gun shots"?

Why was the prisoner not being watched? Maybe thats not policy everywhere, but we are required to keep eyes-on once they are handcuffed, including in our cars. If nothing else for medical emergencies but folks have tried to strangle themselves with the seatbelt before..

In short you cannot just head a loud bang and go blasting your prisoner absent additional evidence, especially if he had been searched or frisked. "The prisoner is shooting at me" is not a reasonable conclusion from hearing a loud noise.

Lowering hiring standards has a high cost.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    The LE militarization collided head on with woke department hiring practices. "Under stress", well princess, this job ain't for you. As for our SF hero, let's not forget that Gen. Mark Milley had his jump wings, ranger and SF tabs, doesn't necessarily mean you spent actual time in those units doing the real work.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Special Forces. Did they mean "Delta Farce"? Or was his name Paul Blart? Looking at the video, I cannot believe that it's not a parody or worse. It does not seem real. If this person every saw combat, he wouldn't last a minute.
    I think his resignation was a good thing, for his mental health. He'll need decades of counseling from PTSD.

Top Bottom