• ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I know this is a set up topic. Just consider this: when we say things like: “the dog is a sentient being that makes choices” there’s some issues that need to be addressed and fyi I’m using that quote as an example not to give beat the tuna a hard time. I have much respect for the guy.

So…everyone here knows it’s a domesticated wild animal. You’re allowing an animal into your home. You are responsible for that choice. I feel we shouldn’t allow ourselves to blame a bad choice a dog makes because y’all are smart enough to know it’s an animal with maybe the intelligence of a 2-4 year old and some breeds are harder headed than others. To say it’s on the dogs choice is also to hint that maybe the owner isn’t in charge of the pack. All you gotta do is watch people with any breed and people let dogs do whatever they want. Of course a dogs going to act out. Also as the owner…know your dog. Acknowledge you can’t trust it. Don’t make excuses because you love the dog in a weird way.

Anti breed talk is also just buzz words. Other data such as how popular some breeds are with certain people/criminals is impactful. Of course you will see more news about pitbull attacks.

There was no need for another thread like this…an attack victim is still a victim and it’s a sad story.

There’s data to say a pitbull is not for every owner. There’s also data that suggests people don’t discuss this topic honestly and do blame a breed.

Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    Weird I never hear about pomeranians Killing people

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    1665196103400.png

Doesn’t mean it’s never happened.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    To be fair on the sentient part. We're comparing a living being to a gun. Does a dog make decisions like a human? Of course not, but it sure has more control over it's actions than an inanimate object.
    That’s a topic on it’s own with lots of content. Asking an animal to control itself unsupervised often doesn’t end well. We can never put an animal on our mental level.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    My anti gun friend is buying a pocket 9 because, post covid, he saw a big jump in dogs roaming neighborhoods without leases and sometimes without owners. He sprayed one pitbull that was "stalking" him with what he called "bear spray" and it did not seem to help.

Born Here

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2022
    The Woods
    Those dogs should be illegal to own or breed

Or, those that own them should have a pistol on their hip and when they start looking like they are going to attack... they make great target practice!

Kinda like shooting ferral hogs!

A shark is mostly peaceful until it decides you're on the menu.

Yeah, about as "mostly peaceful " as all those riots in the summer of 2020

The dog is the shooter.

Exactly. The dogs has those bullets in his mouth (sharp teeth) and he is in control of them and decides whether to attack with them or not.

If the owner was responsible this would not have happened

Yeah, if the owner was responsible... he would not own a pit bull.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    You are comparing nuts to nut-sacks. The dog is a live being with a mind of its own and those dogs killed two children. Guns are inanimate objects that must be handled to kill someone unless somehow going off through mechanical failure. Some picks up a ggun, points it at someone else and fires it. In the case of a dog mauling someone to death or someone being shot, it is the animate being that does the act of killing.

Or, those that own them should have a pistol on their hip and when they start looking like they are going to attack... they make great target practice!

Exactly. The dogs has those bullets in his mouth (sharp teeth) and he is in control of them and decides whether to attack with them or not.

yeah I dare you come to my house cuz I use one of my dog for target practice

Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx

What is a pit bull? Your so fucking smart so educate me a little.

Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    Everyone who owns one says it's the sweetest little puppy they've ever known, right up until it turns crazy in an instant and tears the face off a 3-year old.
    Everyone huh? I own 2 and nowhere in this thread have I said that. I said people are irresponsible, If people were more responsible they would train their dogs. It’s not very smart to assume a animal will act anything other than just that.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Everyone huh? I own 2 and nowhere in this thread have I said that. I said people are irresponsible, If people were more responsible they would train their dogs. It’s not very smart to assume a animal will act anything other than just that.
    phone number to go pull up tomorrow at 6 for

people who blame dogs for dog attacks are the same people that blame guns instead of person pulled the trigger

Top Bottom