• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    They are still all affiliates of the MSF. Kinda reminds me of Demolition Man where the only restaurants still in existence were all Taco Bell franchises. You had plenty of choice on which Taco Bell to goto, lol...

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    The point of posting the link is to find a location to take the course. Any affiliation to the MSF is going to be located in that link.

J. Fred

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2011
    Devil's Backbone,RR32
    About MSF: The Motorcycle Safety Foundation® is the internationally recognized developer of the comprehensive, research-based, Rider Education and Training System (MSF RETS). RETS curricula promotes lifelong-learning for motorcyclists and continuous professional development for certified RiderCoaches and other trainers. MSF also actively participates in government relations, safety research, public awareness campaigns and the provision of technical assistance to state training and licensing programs. The Motorcycle Safety Foundation is a national, not-for-profit organization sponsored by BMW, BRP, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Kawasaki, KTM, Piaggio, Suzuki, Triumph, Victory and Yamaha.

Mission Statement: To make motorcycling safer and more enjoyable by ensuring access to lifelong quality education and training for current and prospective riders, and by advocating a safer riding environment.

Vision: The MSF is an internationally recognized not-for-profit foundation, supported by motorcycle manufacturers, that provides leadership to the motorcycle safety community through its expertise, tools, and partnerships.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    "government relations" as in lobbying to ensure that the state requires people to take their course? I'm actually a big fan of proficiency training whether it be for driving, shooting, or whatever... but the state mandating that I take a specific safety class irks me.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    "government relations" as in lobbying to ensure that the state requires people to take their course? I'm actually a big fan of proficiency training whether it be for driving, shooting, or whatever... but the state mandating that I take a specific safety class irks me.

I see your point. I feel the same about CHL.

J. Fred

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2011
    Devil's Backbone,RR32
    Kinda pisses me off that Pilot Certification is required for an individual to act as a pilot of an aircraft too. The FAA get all involved saying who the instructors are,kinda sucks. Big Brother.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Kinda pisses me off that Pilot Certification is required for an individual to act as a pilot of an aircraft too. The FAA get all involved saying who the instructors are,kinda sucks. Big Brother.

Wait until you get caught in the DL racket of being referred to a MAB.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I see how it was a well intentioned program. However being judged on how you look and move, basically do you look and move "normal" by a DL clerk who has automatic access to your DL license number to refer you to the MAB.

[h=4]MAB Referrals[/h] The most common ways an individual is referred to MAB are:

1. The individual self-reports his/her medical condition.
    2. DPS refers an individual due to the medical evaluation conducted at the driver license office.
    3. The individual has multiple convictions for alcohol or drugs on their driver record.
    4. Law enforcement, a physician or a private citizen has cause for concern and reports an individual to DPS for a medical evaluation

"Medical evaluation" my butt. There's nothing medical about it. The reality is the clerk watches & judges you, can you move your hands and feet, what do your eyes look like while you fill out the paperwork, take the thumb prints, do the eye chart and have your photo taken. If you don't look normal, she'll write you up. You have to fill our a secondary form with more information about "this condition".

Chouse34

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    I got pulled over for speeding on my bike a couple of years ago when I didnt have my class M. The officer didnt catch it until after he had already given me the citation. LUCKIEST day of my life.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I got pulled over for speeding on my bike a couple of years ago when I didnt have my class M. The officer didnt catch it until after he had already given me the citation. LUCKIEST day of my life.

They're towing bikes\impounding them here in Houston if found without an endorcement. A bunch of old riders are getting their MSF\License endorsement for the first time because of it.

Chouse34

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    They're towing bikes\impounding them here in Houston if found without an endorcement. A bunch of old riders are getting their MSF\License endorsement for the first time because of it.

:eek: WOW. That would have been a really bad situation. The bike I got pulled over on was less that a month old.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    So which state's Highway Patrol is the nicest? I'm for Oklahoma because he let me sit in the car until I warmed up, gave me a warning and told me about a good cafe. Gotta get a slower bike.

Chouse34

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    So which state's Highway Patrol is the nicest? I'm for Oklahoma because he let me sit in the car until I warmed up, gave me a warning and told me about a good cafe. Gotta get a slower bike.

But did he give you the citation?

Top Bottom