• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Got to call you out on this one. First of all with same twist/same velocity/same bullet the ballistics would be IDENTICAL. Secondly .308s are usually much slower twist so they can't even stabilize the heavy pills at subsonic speed. So basically you are saying a lighter bullet at same velocity is somehow magically better. And we won't even get into the fact that you can acheive all these results with ALOT less powder (and alot more variety than just Trail Boss).

Proof positive that "shooting, building and reloading more than 50 years" doesn't necessarily fix ignorance nor stubbornness.
    Lynx Defense

epwrangler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2011
    El Paso, Texass
    Lets put an end to your ignorant name calling in place of real knowledge. Have a nice day. I am saying neither would be my choice. I can load down a 30-06 to act like a 300bo but I don't know many who would want to. Have fun chasing rainbows.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Lets put an end to your ignorant name calling in place of real knowledge. Have a nice day. I am saying neither would be my choice. I can load down a 30-06 to act like a 300bo but I don't know many who would want to. Have fun chasing rainbows.

When did I call you names in leu of presenting facts? And once again you can't make 30-30 subs like 300bo. It uses same slower twist rates as .308. That's great that won't use it but stop spreading ignorant bs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Also the different case capacity of 308 and 30.06 mean you're using different powders and getting different pressures for the same barrel length. That means they aren't as quiet suppressed - it's a fact. Look it up.

Running 300BO supersonic there's no issues hunting moderate ranges just like a 30-30. I'd be confident on whitetail up to about 250yds. Pick the right bullet designed for the velocity (like a TSX) and they work great.

If you're shooting whitetail further than that you're either in far West Texas or you're a crappy hunter.

epwrangler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2011
    El Paso, Texass
    Tell you what you put 5 straight hits on a 12 inch plate standing unsupported at 250 yards on video posted here for the world to see and I will agree with your skill. You claim you are that good so show me.. no tripod, no tree, no bipod, just you and the gun.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Tell you what you put 5 straight hits on a 12 inch plate standing unsupported at 250 yards on video posted here for the world to see and I will agree with your skill. You claim you are that good so show me.. no tripod, no tree, no bipod, just you and the gun.

......wtf does that even have do with the argument. Man you suck at even ad-hominem. Can't believe you are trying to make this an E-peen contest now.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Well that was random.

If you can't do that Rushthezeppelin then the 300 BO sucks. Makes sense to me.

epwrangler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2011
    El Paso, Texass
    Oh my! I am falling out if my boots at the thought that you know how to build a spreadsheet. Seems like a bunch of juvy little boys who talk big and then turn out to be the mental mice.. I just had an interesting discussion about 300bo with a guy who complained it was a toy for rich

epwrangler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2011
    El Paso, Texass
    He was telling me he could shoot out to 750 yards with his and probably swat the bullets out of the air with a fly swatter. I didn't offer to try but you get his drift. He loves his 300 Win Mag. I would too. But I don't need thst much recoil to kill a deer or hog.. I'm old and I still think stand hunting is for out of shape assasins not hunters. I guess if you can wait to get them in archery range your tripod 300bo might do.. So will a bow with more skill and less noise..

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Not sure why you would be hunting and shoot at something 250yds standing unsupported but I wouldn't have a problem doing it. Frankly I'd probably find a tree or a post and rest up against it to take the best shot I can. The animal deserves the best shot you can put together.

Are you sure you've ever been hunting in real life, or you just like to spout off on the Internet?

When you stalk deer or rattle during the rut they're popping up within 100yds usually. A SBR'ed 300BO is pretty much ideal.

If you want to sit in a blind and shoot deer over a field at 4-500 yards then yeah I'd probably go with something else. I will do that for meat but it's not as enjoyable of a hunt.

ETA: just to reiterate the cartridge will do its job w a subsonic load out to 250 for sure.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Hey, let's just beat him at his own game.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

He's talking out his backside with zero real world experience. I'm not a huge 300BO fanboy but his disinformation is annoying.

300BO is a great little hunting round on deer sized game out to about 250yds, just like 30-30 or an AK. I've killed deer with handguns too.

If I'm shooting further WHILE HUNTING then yeah I'd grab a different rifle.

Top Bottom