• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I think I've come to that conclusion too. I'm purchasing a MOE lower parts kit from PSA in FDE. After changing my mind a million times, I think I've settled on Midwest Industries SS 15'' rail in FDE too. Should have the upper + all the components within the next two-three weeks if everything works out.

This build came together way faster than I thought it would, thanks to a little bit of luck.
    Guns International

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    I think I've come to that conclusion too. I'm purchasing a MOE lower parts kit from PSA in FDE. After changing my mind a million times, I think I've settled on Midwest Industries SS 15'' rail in FDE too. Should have the upper + all the components within the next two-three weeks if everything works out.

This build came together way faster than I thought it would, thanks to a little bit of luck.

my "budget" build consists of a lower parts kit from PSA with MOE stuff in FDE also. im about to come into $400 and have considered buying the LPK + a Dreadnaught Lower, but i think im gonna go out and buy a Glock 26 from GT if i can get their LEO pricing, and wait till July to get my AR build on.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    FYI ar's are like Lego's. I thought I had my Ar the way I wanted it. Nope now Im building a 2nd one and now I'm thinking I need a third one. Good luck.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Need input on whether or not cold hammer forged barrels are any more beneficial than your standard barrel.

The reason I ask, is BCM's BHF middys are out of stock, but their standard middys aren't. I did some googling on this, and I'm reading mixed review. However, I'd like some more opinions on it.

Hammer forged is just another way of making 'em. No net gain or loss IMO.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    PSA's middy rifle kit is back in stock...

I'm super tempted. I love BCM, and I plan on having one, but I also like PSA - and this could potentially save me a couple hundred dollars easily.

:|

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    PSA's middy rifle kit is back in stock...

I'm super tempted. I love BCM, and I plan on having one, but I also like PSA - and this could potentially save me a couple hundred dollars easily.

:|

just buy it. its not as bad as most of the other cheaper vendors, plus i thought they were running a sale ?

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    They have some mid length madness thing going on.

$349 for a complete upper w/o bcg or charging handle.

I think I might order that, and then just get a BCM bcg and charging handle. Then buy my rail later.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I'll have till Monday to decide between PSA's hammer forged upper vs. BCM's standard upper. I want to call and see if one of these guys will install a low profile gas block before they ship it out to me anyways, this way when I do get my rail I can put it on without much trouble.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    $299.95 for a 5.56mm chambered 1 in 7 twist 20” Upper-Chrome Moly Vanadium—Chrome-lined bore (not chamber), no BCG or Charging handle: http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...ped-upper-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html

$299.95 for a 5.56mm chambered 1 in 7 twist 16” Upper- Chrome Moly Vanadium—Chrome-lined bore (not chamber), no BCG or Charging handle: http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...ped-upper-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html

These are “Special Prices” released today. These uppers are about $120.00 less than their normally priced uppers which feature “double thick” chrome lined barrels/bores/chambers made out of “machine gun” metal. E.G. http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...s/20/psa-20-hammer-forged-cl-mp-a2-upper.html Bravo Company charges around $420.00 for their 20” upper with no BCG and Charging Handle.

According to email sent to someone on this thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/573354_PSA_Upper_Sale.html Palmetto State Armory stated that the special and free shipping should last until next Monday.

look here yo

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    That 299.95 for the 16'' is good and all, but I'm wanting a mid length ar15.

I placed an order for a PSA lower build kit. I knew I was going with Magpul MOE anyways plus this was pretty cheap, and the trigger is mil-spec so I didn't really care where it came from.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    psa and bcm specs are the same according to their websites. I have a couple bcm uppers, and no palmetto uppers. It is a hard call, but I would probably save some money and get the psa. I have a spikes upper, and it performs as well as my bcms.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I'll have till Monday to decide between PSA's hammer forged upper vs. BCM's standard upper. I want to call and see if one of these guys will install a low profile gas block before they ship it out to me anyways, this way when I do get my rail I can put it on without much trouble.

i havent heard of bcm doing any customs, but grant does and bcm refers customers to him for that. gnrtactical

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Werd. I guess we'll see what happens. If it ends up with me having to contact them I will. I just can't wait to get this all together. That Gadsden flag lower is just sitting on my desk staring at me begging to be put together!

johnpuga1982

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    San Antonio
    I'm pretty sure G and R Tactical will not install a low profile gas block, but you could always call and confirm. However ADCO will, but you'd have to send it to them.

If it were my money I'd go BCM. When building my M4 it was between BCM and Daniel Defense, back when Daniel Defense still sold lowers.

I'm thinking of building a dedicated BCM SBR.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    psa and bcm specs are the same according to their websites. I have a couple bcm uppers, and no palmetto uppers. It is a hard call, but I would probably save some money and get the psa. I have a spikes upper, and it performs as well as my bcms.

It's all about quality control in the AR market. Cheap brands like Model 1 Sales suck because their quality control sucks. No MP testing of bolts, and shoddy heat treating lead to that brand breaking tons of bolts. But it's cheaper to make a bunch of bad bolts and sell them than it is to throw half of them out because they failed QC...

Top Bottom