• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    MrsJ, let us know how that gear works. I've been thinking of picking up a messenger bag of sorts for certain days and errands. I've looked at the Maxpedition gear but without seeing them in person I have no idea how they'd work. We love first hand gear reviews around here.

That bag looks huge and heavy.

Um, have you seen a real woman's purse? It's like a sea bag!
    DK Firearms

RickLovesBacon

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    Just be careful and not let it out of sight, not much guessing that it has a gun in there or at least valuables.

Thats true. My wife has been has been asked what kinda gun she carries. But its mostly spotted by other chl holders.

Sent from the Bacon isle at your local grocery store.

MrsJColumbus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2013
    El Paso
    Just what a lady needs more pockets to lose things in LOL. No it looks good. Id keep only the pistol in the one pocket though, hate for something to get in the trigger guard and you have an ND. Maxpedition is good to go from what I hear.

Har Har, and yes it has it's own compartment with a holster to keep it from moving around. :)

MrsJColumbus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2013
    El Paso
    That bag looks huge and heavy. It looks like something that will never leave the car or the house. If you are serious about carrying a firearm for self defense then carry it on you not in a bag that isn't with you. Even keeping the firearm in your purse is a bad idea. For the highest level of personal security the gun needs to be on you at all times. I know many people that aren't willing to go that far for their own security and that is fine. We all must make our own choices but just think of a situation where you need your firearm fast and it is in that bag in your trunk or whatever.

Also think about your curious little children. They love nothing more than going through mommy's stuff. This is a very dangerous situation that needs some thought.

Just a few thoughts. It is a nice bag though.

I completely agree with you on the kids going through mommys purse and that is a big concern for me as well, that's why both my daughters are educated on firearms and safety with them. My gun always has the safety on and never has one in the chamber unless I am out somewhere by myself or with my family. I do always have my purse on me, anywhere from a quick trip to the corner store or running around for groceries I never leave my purse in the cart it is always on me, because I never know what may happen. The bag is a big bag its the jumbo versipak but I am a girl that likes big purses like tote bags.. I actually have a larger purse that doubled as a diaper bag haha but I'm just comfortable with that size. The gun is what weighs my purse down, other than that it is not that much heavier than when I doubled my other purse as a diaper bag. And I also agree that my gun would be best on me but I just can't conceal and carry with my wardrobe unless I dressed differently. So the next best option was a bag designed for conceal and carry, and luckily I found this little/big guy haha! Thank you for your input :)

MrsJColumbus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2013
    El Paso
    Carrying something is better than nothing.

I suggest people carry their firearm on there person rather than a pack because if somebody tries to take your bag now they have your gun.

However that bag has a nice strap you can attach to your belt.

My only real suggestion would be to keep that knife on the inside of your bag. Only because people steal stuff.

I agree, I would like to carry on myself... but with my wardrobe people would know I'm carrying unless I got one of those thigh holsters and wore dresses all the time... or got a small gun and did the bra holster... I am worried about my knife being swiped but the sheath for my knife is molded to the knife so perfectly that even I have a difficult time sliding it in and out at wrong angles so my worries are minimal.. I do keep my bag on me even at the store, I never put it in the cart and walk away from it because I am worried about theft and things like that.. you never know..

MrsJColumbus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2013
    El Paso
    MrsJ, let us know how that gear works. I've been thinking of picking up a messenger bag of sorts for certain days and errands. I've looked at the Maxpedition gear but without seeing them in person I have no idea how they'd work. We love first hand gear reviews around here.

Um, have you seen a real woman's purse? It's like a sea bag!

Awesome, I sure will, so far I've had it for two weeks and I'm loving it! I can carry everything from my normal lady belongings to my EDC items all in one bag. Yes my bag is bigger than a handbag but smaller than large tote bag... And it is heavy but mainly from my gun and nothing not worth dealing with when it comes to the safety of my family. I'll see if I can put together a REAL review for you all and maybe compare it to one of my larger purses so you guys can get an idea of it. I'll even weigh it for you guys so you can get a feel of how heavy it is...

Last edited:

MrsJColumbus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2013
    El Paso
    Thats true. My wife has been has been asked what kinda gun she carries. But its mostly spotted by other chl holders.

Sent from the Bacon isle at your local grocery store.

I completely agree with you guys thats why I am VERY careful, the purse stays strapped to me at all times, even while walking around the store. I never leave it alone in a cart and for those exact reasons, I have my gun in there and valuables, and what am I going to do if my guns away from me and something happens... not a good idea...

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Awesome, hows your setup :)

It's actually never been out of my closet, although it is set up for my XDm 9 & the loaded mags
    stay in it so that I can grab it if I need to.
    The gun is kept (hidden) by my recliner in the living room 99% of the time as well as others throughout the house.
    It was purchased as a "truck gun" set up.

Top Bottom