• ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Field stripping an AR looks like a huge pain in the ass compared to an AK
    How so? Push the rear take down pin out, the rifle hinges open, the bolt carrier slides out the back, hose it off with CLP, run a patch through the barrel while its hinged open, slide the bolt carrier back in, close the rifle and you're done... You rarely ever have to take it further apart than that.

I actually had my 12yo daughter build my last AR from a bag full from parts. The only things I had to do for her were torque the barrel and castle nut into place and hold the hammer while she put the pin in (the hammer spring was too hard for her). They are seriously like legos...
    Target Sports

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Field stripping an AR looks like a huge pain in the ass compared to an AK

They're both easy. Putting the AR back together can actually be easier. There's a trick to getting the top cover back on an AK smoothly, and almost nobody knows what it is.

lol, this thread is fun to read.

First off, I don't own either. . . well, I have a full lower that needs an upper to be a "real" rifle.

Here is my 2 cents.
    1. You get what you pay for. Don't expect a $500 rifle to shoot like a $1000 rifle, to shoot like a $5000 rifle.
    2. Most people, like me, get out-shot by their $500 rifles.
    3. Either rifle is going to be minute-of-bad guy, the question is, are you?
    4. Lot of people dead from 5.56 and 7.62x39, its a rifle, dude. Untill the robot aliens show up, either will work.
    5. You are gonna have a hard time reloading 7.62x39 (if that is what you want to do)
    6. Get the rifle/pistol/squirt gun you want. Save up what you need to. Don't let a couple hundred bucks get in the way. If you have the gun for years, it is virtually nothing/year.

Have fun. Shooting is suppose to be fun.

I agree 100%!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    It's not needed on Yugos. I love that little retaining pin. I've got a Yugo underfolder, and it's a nice rifle. I'd love to put an Ultimak on that one, too.

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    I field stripped my friend's dad's AK...and that dust cover was such a pain in the ass to put back on lol. I'm glad my M70 has that extra button.

I had only seen one Youtube video of an AR15 being taken down, but after seeing that one video of the little girl it doesn't look too hard. The components in the AK are obviously bigger, so it appears easier in my simple mind hahaha.

Top Bottom