• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I paid 100 bucks...to be honest I expected something to be wrong...just not sure about work now so I hate to spend any more money

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    > Long-range
    > .22LR

Pick one. Unless your definition of "long-range" here is inside the 150 yard line, you're gonna end up with a thousand dollar gun.

That said, if you know a good smith who's willing to do the work for you, then write the man a check and let him get to work.

Edit: Shit, should've quoted... Goddamnit.

Last edited:

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I paid 100 bucks...to be honest I expected something to be wrong...just not sure about work now so I hate to spend any more money

Yea well 100 dollars in nothing compared to what you could end up paying to correct a mistake. Trust me, I am going through that right now. Send it back.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    > Long-range
    > .22LR

Pick one. Unless your definition of "long-range" here is inside the 150 yard line, you're gonna end up with a thousand dollar gun.

That said, if you know a good smith who's willing to do the work for you, then write the man a check and let him get to work.

Edit: Shit, should've quoted... Goddamnit.
    Im going to slowly build it up into one.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I've mated KIDD barrels to a stock 10/22 receiver before and they all start out a few thousands of an inch bigger than the receiver opening. I assume your GM barrel is the same. Just use some fine grit sandpaper and sand the barrel neck down a bit... not a lot just enough to feed the first 1/4 of the neck into the reciever. Then apply a nice thin coat of anti-seize compound to the neck, turn over the barrel and receiver then tap the back of the reciever with a rubber mallet to seat the barrel down.

Pay attention to the extractor slot and make sure it lines up correctly before you start tapping

Hope this helps.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    froglube_t.jpg

you would

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    put the barrel in the freezer, and the stripped receiver in the oven. cook to 300F, turning occasionally. assemble.

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    Geezy peets it aint that damn hard. Do what Pilgrim said. My barrel was the same. Used 800 grit paper on the barrel tenon and the inside of the receiver. The receiver probably has some powder coat/paint build up that has to be removed. Don't worry about messing up the accuracy, it will be fine.

By the way Mike I'm starting to hone in 100 - 300 yard shots using bulk and cheaper match 22. With the same setup as you, so far it's a 1 MOA gun.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Geezy peets it aint that damn hard. Do what Pilgrim said. My barrel was the same. Used 800 grit paper on the barrel tenon and the inside of the receiver. The receiver probably has some powder coat/paint build up that has to be removed. Don't worry about messing up the accuracy, it will be fine.

By the way Mike I'm starting to hone in 100 - 300 yard shots with the same setup using bulk and cheaper match 22. With the same setup as you, so far it's a 1 MOA gun.

Sweet. 1 MOA at 100-300 yards. Crap that's better than I can do. I better start practicing some more...

Top Bottom