• ...and so much more!
  • TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Commenting here because I've got a Green Mountain barrel ordered for my 10/22 and hope Mike finds his solution before mine comes in.

I've used Green Mountain barrels on several AR builds and have absolutely loved them.

Mike have you contacted Green Mountain concerning this issue yet?
    Hurley's Gold

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Commenting here because I've got a Green Mountain barrel ordered for my 10/22 and hope Mike finds his solution before mine comes in.

I've used Green Mountain barrels on several AR builds and have absolutely loved them.

Mike have you contacted Green Mountain concerning this issue yet?

No just used 180 and 320 grit to take some metal off

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I sanded it. It was too much to do that it would have cracked the receiver think it was .002 off

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Stock comes in tomorrow. All I'm lacking is optics. Ill use a cheapo scope from
    My other .22 for now

9x19

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Put the barrel in a vise, cut a strip of sandpaper the same width as the barrel shank and then just wrap it around the shank and sand it a bit at a time until the receiver fits snug. Many of the after-market barrels have slightly over-sized shanks to achieve the best possible fit.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    74 messages discussing a non-fitting barrel? I would have taken the damned thing to a smithy by now. I know we're all for DIY but...dammit boy. :eek:

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The barrel/receiver fit isn't real precise so a little emery cloth wouldn't hurt. When you install the barrel, twist it so the extractor centers in the barrel recess designed to fit it. That's about the only concern. OH....don't over tighten the two bolts on the barrel clamp! I was amazed that KIDD, a prominent maker, recommends 10 inch pounds torque on those fasteners! My inch pound torque wrenches don't go that low, so I use 20 inch pounds. That is just snug....not tight! I used to crank them up TIGHT but not any more.

Flash

Top Bottom