My Newest SBR

Discussion in 'Class III / NFA' started by CALI, Jan 20, 2009.

1. CALI

CALI Active Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Round Rock
    It's a POF that I've been waiting for.

I haven't taken her out for a date yet (at the range). Soon, soon...I just need to change the Stock to Magpul CTR, purchase a BUIS (front & back) and lots of ammo.

:happy0001:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Sweet Cali! That looks great man! Hey, just curious but, would you be interested going with me to the Lone Star shooting range in Lockhart? I'm planning on going out there the 31st of this month (not this Saturday but next). I'll have my FAL by then. :) Obviously not nearly as cool as a SBR POF though lol. ;)

3. CALI

CALI Active Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Round Rock
    Good chance I can go. PM me 2 days before that date. I'm very forgetful....

4. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Very nice. I can't wait to save up for an SBR.

5. Madhouse

Madhouse Active Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Awesome man!! I'm expecting my transfer in the next few weeks for my RRA sbr, can't wait!!

6. iratollah

iratollah Active Member

May 25, 2008
    Sweet piece! When you having us all over for a BBQ and a shoot?

7. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Sorry I haven't called you yet Cali. I've been working every weekend lately unfortunately.

8. CALI

CALI Active Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Round Rock
    Well, I took her out last weekend and I was really surprise how it shot everything I fed her. From 55g 5.56 Speer to 68g .223 Tap Hornady without any issues. The only problem was...I ran out of ammo. Also, the recoil was very smooth which makes your target acquisition a lot faster.

Don't get me wrong...It was nerve racking before I shot this thing. I was really nervous if it will fail or not. To my surprise it didn't with 200 rnds. I think that was a good start.

Cleaning this thing was also very fast and easy. I'm very happy with it and the customers service at POF is excellent. Best company I ever dealt with.

Sig_F,

No worries man, just give me a call when you get a chance.

9. biglucky

biglucky Well-Known TGT Supporter

Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Cali you nob... you had your reciever paperwork back before I did... :)

How do you like the POF GP upper?? I went old school with my SBR with a 10" LMT upper.

[​IMG]

BTW, I forgot to ask you when I ran into you at the gun show, I notice that is a 416 reciever instead of a 415, you didn't get your hands on an auto sear did you?

10. CALI

CALI Active Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Round Rock
    BL,

I like it a lot with no failures yet. I still love my old school SBR's. Just trying to see what is Piston is all about.

Auto sear...I wish. Just plain SBR's man with FA (fake markings). If I'm not married with a kid then FA might have been my investments.

How you liking your LMT? I have been lucky so far with CMMG but their customers service just suck right now. I'm also liking the look on that VLTOR you got. Did you get it from Mooney's?

CALI