• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    My blonde wife went into a prominent gun store in Houston to browse. Plus, she had some particular gun in mind. Now, she has been a CHL holder for many years. She went through the 12 week Harris County Citizens Police Academy. She is a very good shot and quite often out shoots me (not hard to do). Loves guns and is quite knowledgeable of them. But, she was treated like a 'dumb blonde' and actually insulted by clerks since she didn't just accept their opinions. She left the store and later told me of her experience. I was instructed to never do business with that store or any of its branches again. I obey this command.

As a customer she has every right to not continue doing business with them, if she had a bad experience there.
    Guns International

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I don't doubt that. I just happened to draw the card that day.

But like I said, feel free to go to his store, I'm not asking anyone to take sides. I just posted my experience, and if it benefits someone, fine, if not, that's okay too.

I posted this here to refute his dishonest and inaccurate statements about me which he posted as a response to my review. Statements implying I was getting him to do something against federal regulations. That, more than his emotional outburst, tells me a lot. So he refused service to me because I was "rude, cold, and unprofessional" but also "If refusing business to you earned us a one-star because we were following federal regulations to protect others, then we gladly and proudly accept your one-star rating." He also stated, "I even counted to ten, like how an adult would countdown towards an unruly child." He's kind of all over the place with his reasoning, none of which is based on fact.

If Google had let me post a rebuttal I would've there. But I want to document it somewhere.

And like I said in post 69, never heard of them, and won't be going.

demonsmokr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Houston
    I got this store all the time. Have done tons of transfers. I'm a creepy tin foil hat wearer. They've never given me issues.

With that said, i believe David Truong. This is Texas, he has the right to refuse business for whatever reason. Without giving you one.

I've seen him kick people out, and I've seen him get very suspicious of people. When you're in that area of Houston, you HAVE TO BE. You getting butt hurt about it, tells me there may have been something there. Why would he lie about you? I don't believe he did.

There's tons of shitty people in this world. Shitty people don't always know they're shitty. Not saying you are, but he didn't feel right, and good on him for going with his gut. He's following the laws regardless of how it makes you feel.

Get over it. I'm still using his ship for any new purchases or transfers.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I take it as information to be weary of such places. Probably if I were in that area at some point in the future, I may not remember this thread unless I happen to go to that store and have a similar experience.

It's good to get peoples experiences as a reference, how a person uses that information is up to that person.

demonsmokr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Houston
    I still get emails every day. Most of the time i ignore it because it's always stupid shit going on here.

I chose to comment because this thread was the one highlighted in my email. I goto that shop quite often. The guy is a good dude, the woman is a good lady.

I started reading and it's ridiculous. One guy has a somewhat unfortunate experience, he puts his review up, and all of you say you'll never go there because of one occurrence. I find that retarded. And felt like posting up my opinion.

Does it really matter how much i post or with what frequency?

Because i don't agree with y'all being immature and childish, i get branded a shill or something.

If one bad experience from a stranger is all it takes for you to refuse to shop somewhere, why do you still buy stuff?

You don't like the store? Cool. Feel like shit posting to vent? Go ahead. Just be aware not everyone will agree with you, and people still speak up when they don't agree.

If that bothers you, please vote Democrat so we can all be censored.

Fairies.

demonsmokr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Houston
    Oh my God, tgt censors A.S.S. H.O.L.E.

Seriously? A forum about guns and Texas censors stupid words.

My God, you people are sad.

ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    I still get emails every day. Most of the time i ignore it because it's always stupid shit going on here.

I chose to comment because this thread was the one highlighted in my email. I goto that shop quite often. The guy is a good dude, the woman is a good lady.

I started reading and it's ridiculous. One guy has a somewhat unfortunate experience, he puts his review up, and all of you say you'll never go there because of one occurrence. I find that retarded. And felt like posting up my opinion.

Does it really matter how much i post or with what frequency?

Because i don't agree with y'all being immature and childish, i get branded a shill or something.

If one bad experience from a stranger is all it takes for you to refuse to shop somewhere, why do you still buy stuff?

You don't like the store? Cool. Feel like shit posting to vent? Go ahead. Just be aware not everyone will agree with you, and people still speak up when they don't agree.

If that bothers you, please vote Democrat so we can all be censored.

Fairies.

Hi David. :laughing:

Condescending attitude: check
    Treating people like they're children: check
    Accusing others of being butthurt when you yourself are overly sensitive: check

demonsmokr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Houston
    I know, right? What could i possibly have said to get banned?

Most likely because on 9/11 one year i posted on their tribute page to never stop asking questions.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Oh my God, tgt censors A.S.S. H.O.L.E.
    No, it doesn't.

That's a setting you make to your account. If you want to see all the words, go to your account page and turn off the profanity filter under "Personal Details".

I don't know why you're surprised. I don't know of any widely-used forum software that doesn't offer profanity filters and they are almost always member-configurable.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kennethreyes
    Top Bottom