Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    But, if all it takes is you to read one negative review, how do you come to terms to buy anything from anywhere?

Or is it because its a TGT member? Gotta stay true to the comrades? That blows my mind.
    That's not really what happened here.

Remember that restaurant manager who got fired because she refused to serve three black men unless they showed they could pay first? Everyone thought she was terrible until we all later found out that the three men were known to her. They made a habit of doing the old dine-n-dash and bragging about it on social media. The manager was rehired.

My point? Additional information about or from the person who did the alleged bad thing can make a complete difference in the way the initial report is considered reliable or not.

In this case, we had the exact opposite of the restaurant case. A complaint was made that I could easily dismiss. The OP by ml1209 sounded flat-out weird and would have been no impediment to me visiting that place in the future.

HOWEVER, we then saw the response by the owner/manager/whatever. That response spoke volumes. It was internally inconsistent. It was the type of thing that could only be written by someone who isn't particularly smart (or, at minimum, not particularly careful with their words) and is trying to cover up their own bad deeds.

The original report was an anomaly. The response to it was decisively damning.
    Guns International

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    He was there to make a couple transfers, not spend thousands of dollars.

Its all about how you present yourself. We get the OP's side, but not the shops side.

We DID get the shop's side. It was all waaaah, OP was so cold and didn't tell me I'm pretty and I was man-struating that day...

demonsmokr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Houston
    I was dressed in shorts and a T-shirt that day, and not wearing a suit and tie or in professional attire like some of the other customers. But so what. Just because I only stopped by there for a couple of transfers, didn't mean I wouldn't be back to buy some guns (were I treated properly). And just because I was dressed in shorts and a T-shirt didn't mean I don't have the resources to buy a gun in that store.

So, it sounds like the owner just looked down on me based on my "presentation" and thought "yeah I can treat him like shit" because he looks like he's poor as hell. Thanks for the insight. The owner would be dead wrong about that.

This is the first business I've seen where the customer has to dress up to be respected by the owner.

I think you mistook what I meant, and probably because I was not as clear as I shouldve been.

By presenting yourself, I did not mean wearing better clothes. **** all that shit. Its about body language, tone of voice, etc etc etc. Not the clothes you wear, I would not think they would be like that. I did not intend for my comment to be taken like that, I should have clarified more. My mistake.

But there are alot of people who window show, or just want to look at stuff, or are there to buy some ammo, or just do transfers. I would like to think shop owners are capable of picking up on this. But, they dont always. They should, considering how much time you spend in your own store seeing all the different people coming and going.

Ive been there waiting for ever on background checks, I got to see a wide variety of people come into his shop. Alot I personally thought were shady, and wouldnt do business with. Ive seen them react to different people in many different ways.

Was only saying that as a devils advocate deal.

Its a shitty situation, and its sucks for you.

As for owners response, I mean, it couldve been worse, and couldve been better. I can see two sides in his response. Him being a dick and trying to do damage control by make you look shitty. Which is fucked up. But, I also can see how his side is a possibility, simply by the types of people who have gone into his shop while I was there. Not trying to imply anything on you.

demonsmokr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Houston
    That's not really what happened here.

Remember that restaurant manager who got fired because she refused to serve three black men unless they showed they could pay first? Everyone thought she was terrible until we all later found out that the three men were known to her. They made a habit of doing the old dine-n-dash and bragging about it on social media. The manager was rehired.

My point? Additional information about or from the person who did the alleged bad thing can make a complete difference in the way the initial report is considered reliable or not.

In this case, we had the exact opposite of the restaurant case. A complaint was made that I could easily dismiss. The OP by ml1209 sounded flat-out weird and would have been no impediment to me visiting that place in the future.

HOWEVER, we then saw the response by the owner/manager/whatever. That response spoke volumes. It was internally inconsistent. It was the type of thing that could only be written by someone who isn't particularly smart (or, at minimum, not particularly careful with their words) and is trying to cover up their own bad deeds.

The original report was an anomaly. The response to it was decisively damning.

Yes it can be taken that way. Maybe he was menstruating. Maybe hes going through other bad shit, and react very poorly to the OP, and even more so in the rebuttal of his review. That does not excuse it, just gives it "reason". Excuses and reasons are different.

Damning, sure, but I dont think its enough for the types of reactions.

What shop hasnt treated some customer poorly? Thats my main thing. I have yet to get treated like shit by this shop. When/if it happens, sure Ill say **** them.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Man, you people here are weird.
    And proud of it. Come to a Family Reunion and meet us in person. In person, everyone here, including you, likes each other a lot more than this thread might suggest.

And, yes, that's a serious suggestion. Come to a Family Reunion. Seek me out. I'll personally introduce you around and make sure people put cool guns in your hands to go shoot. You'll enjoy it.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Yes it can be taken that way. Maybe he was menstruating. Maybe hes going through other bad shit, and react very poorly to the OP, and even more so in the rebuttal of his review. That does not excuse it, just gives it "reason". Excuses and reasons are different.

Damning, sure, but I dont think its enough for the types of reactions.

What shop hasnt treated some customer poorly? Thats my main thing. I have yet to get treated like shit by this shop. When/if it happens, sure Ill say **** them.
    A well-reasoned and insightful response. Thank you for that.

demonsmokr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Houston
    And proud of it. Come to a Family Reunion and meet us in person. In person, everyone here, including you, likes each other a lot more than this thread might suggest.

And, yes, that's a serious suggestion. Come to a Family Reunion. Seek me out. I'll personally introduce you around and make sure people put cool guns in your hands to go shoot. You'll enjoy it.

Im down. Im weird and a butthole. Im proud of it myself. Very hard to assess people through text. Tone of voice plays a huge part for me. Reading my text, you might think Im irritated or whatever. But Im not, Ive been laughing alot. Still laughing at the "you mean you identify as white". Dont usually set myself up for that one, well done!

Im always down for meeting new people. Certainly not good at doing it by myself.

Im not good at making friends. :roflfunny:

tbark44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    nowhere
    Glad it didnt happen to me i dont do BS well when it comes to stupidity like that , id tell all my friends might even stand in the parking lot with a sign if they managed to make me mad enough although i do my best an am many times better than 20 yrs ago still not an angel when upset ,t

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Glad it didnt happen to me i dont do BS well when it comes to stupidity like that , id tell all my friends might even stand in the parking lot with a sign if they managed to make me mad enough although i do my best an am many times better than 20 yrs ago still not an angel when upset ,t

Not sure what you would do. The owner has every right to be a dick and drive away business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    I just have to wonder the owner, in his response to my review, said he knows my true identity but won't reveal it. I did write down all my personal information when filling out the transfer paperwork - my name, address, phone, etc.

So, if the transfer was aborted and no money was exchanged, why does he know who I am? The first thing his staff should have done was put that paperwork in the shredder as soon as I left. He wanted me to leave, I complied with his wishes. I gave him no trouble.

I have been to pawn shops to buy firearms, and if I cancelled a layaway or told them I didn't want the paperwork, the first thing they do is drop it in the shredder behind the counter.

But this owner still has my personal info, long after the non-transaction? Enough to state that publicly and out of the generosity in his heart won't reveal for the world to see? Is that some kind of subtle threat? The fact he kept that info makes me very uncomfortable.

So, aside from all the "feelings", this alone would make me not want to go back there.

Img1.jpg

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Pretty late to this thread but I’ll share my experience and opinion.

When I worked for an 07 in Oregon, who I won’t name, the guy was mean to customers. The difference between him and I was money. He only cared about money while I wanted customers to walk away feeling great they got a rifle made in Oregon. I will use one of his worst outburst as an example that had nothing to do with his brand but a pt111 sold at a show. A day or two later he calls, while the two of us are pretty busy in the shop. In my book and I’m sure most of you that couldn’t fit his simple request as our top priority would have simply said hey, “I apologize but email me so I can get the ball rolling I’m on the fork lift right now and gotta get this done.” It was a small shop. Now keep in mind all the guy wanted was to know how to reassemble his gun. I know, I know...YouTube, look it up ect. But part of customer service when pointing out the obvious is being nice and giving them some of your time. So boss man gets this call and just goes off on the guy. “I don’t have time for this ect if you can’t figure it out it’s not my problem” ect. Then just hung up on him. Now I had a long standing friendship with the boss. Went to high school with him. Been shooting buddies forever. I was like wow man, you were just a total dick.

You want a bad owner? I got more stories.

Top Bottom