• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • demonsmokr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Houston
    No, it doesn't.

That's a setting you make to your account. If you want to see all the words, go to your account page and turn off the profanity filter under "Personal Details".

I don't know why you're surprised. I don't know of any widely-used forum software that doesn't offer profanity filters and they are almost always member-configurable.

I'm not big on forums bud. I tend to turn into a troll rather quickly, so i stay away from social media.

Back before 2010 or so, forums didn't have the option to turn off profanity filters, most wouldn't allow the post to post.

Anyways, I'll turn it off. I hate profanity filters. They're fucking words.
    Target Sports

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    My profanity filters is turned off. But still get censored.
    I plainly see the f-word you used in post #123.

If you can point me to a problem with an example (link, please) I'll be happy to help you get it cleared up. We can discuss it here, you can send me a private conversation, or you can hit the report button under any post that isn't what you think it should be. It's your pick.

demonsmokr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Houston
    I plainly see the f-word you used in post #123.

If you can point me to a problem with an example (link, please) I'll be happy to help you get it cleared up. We can discuss it here, you can send me a private conversation, or you can hit the report button under any post that isn't what you think it should be. It's your pick.

Once I closed my browser and opened it again, all is well. But the asshole in the other post is still censored.

demonsmokr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Houston
    From the amount of posts I imagine that would be quite rare.

I can type really fast with ease. Thats my problem. Takes less than 2 minutes to have a TLDR post.

I really have to try to contain myself.

I simply wanted to post up about how people turn on shops theyve never been to simply because of a single occurrence. Im sure there are more, no shop is perfect. No business is perfect.

But, if all it takes is you to read one negative review, how do you come to terms to buy anything from anywhere?

Or is it because its a TGT member? Gotta stay true to the comrades? That blows my mind.

Now, maybe he had a bad day. People have shitty days and take it out on the wrong people all the time. Theres not enough info, but Ive been going to that shop a couple years now. My old boss turned me onto them because it was right around the corner from our plant.

Sure, ive seen him give people attitudes. But, ive seen alot of people give alot of people attitudes. And what was described, was not that bad at all.

Like OP said, he was feeling shitty, coming down with something maybe, its very possible he was putting out a crappy vibe on account of how he felt. Shop owner mistook that for something else, but still acted on it.

Thats not exactly bad. And I can imagine OP may not has responded in the best manner on account of him feeling like shit. I do it, so does everyone here. No need to lie. Its hard to maintain politeness and professionalism when your sick and feeling like shit.

Anyways, ill end this now. Already too long for most.

ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    I can type really fast with ease. Thats my problem. Takes less than 2 minutes to have a TLDR post.

I really have to try to contain myself.

I simply wanted to post up about how people turn on shops theyve never been to simply because of a single occurrence. Im sure there are more, no shop is perfect. No business is perfect.

But, if all it takes is you to read one negative review, how do you come to terms to buy anything from anywhere?

Or is it because its a TGT member? Gotta stay true to the comrades? That blows my mind.

Now, maybe he had a bad day. People have shitty days and take it out on the wrong people all the time. Theres not enough info, but Ive been going to that shop a couple years now. My old boss turned me onto them because it was right around the corner from our plant.

Sure, ive seen him give people attitudes. But, ive seen alot of people give alot of people attitudes. And what was described, was not that bad at all.

Like OP said, he was feeling shitty, coming down with something maybe, its very possible he was putting out a crappy vibe on account of how he felt. Shop owner mistook that for something else, but still acted on it.

Thats not exactly bad. And I can imagine OP may not has responded in the best manner on account of him feeling like shit. I do it, so does everyone here. No need to lie. Its hard to maintain politeness and professionalism when your sick and feeling like shit.

Anyways, ill end this now. Already too long for most.

Like I said several times, people who read this thread are free to go to any business, including that one - that's their prerogative.

But if you think being on the receiving end of treatment like that, especially if you're there to spend hundreds if not thousands for a firearm, is "okay" and "not a big deal" and might be even be expected - you're definitely not doing your that business any favors. :)

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    a s s h o l e is censored, but not fucking? Weird.
    You changed your settings after you first viewed the censored post. It will stay in the condition you first saw it.

Happy to hear that things are as you prefer for future posts, though.

demonsmokr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Houston
    He was there to make a couple transfers, not spend thousands of dollars.

Its all about how you present yourself. We get the OP's side, but not the shops side. What he said in response to the review, well thats all we got to go by.

I agree with the OP, it wouldve been far better if there was some kind of discourse, instread of him posting the review, and shop posting a rebuttal.

Why not have the option to work things out in the public review area? That would shed so much more light. Maybe we wouldve seen shop owner completely irrational and totally in the wrong. But we will never know.

My only point was calling out the ridiculousness of everyone wanting to say **** that shop for something so small.

Now, your scenario wouldve played out differently. We all know it would have. When you go into a shop ready to drop over a thousand bucks, youre going to present yourself differently. Shops pick up on that. Its not really hard.

demonsmokr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Houston
    You changed your settings after you first viewed the censored post. It will stay in the condition you first saw it.

Happy to hear that things are as you prefer for future posts, though.

But asshole still gets censored.

**** shit bitch **** fucking fucker slut pussy snatch cock. Weird the butt hole gets censored...

ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    He was there to make a couple transfers, not spend thousands of dollars.

Its all about how you present yourself. We get the OP's side, but not the shops side. What he said in response to the review, well thats all we got to go by.

I agree with the OP, it wouldve been far better if there was some kind of discourse, instread of him posting the review, and shop posting a rebuttal.

Why not have the option to work things out in the public review area? That would shed so much more light. Maybe we wouldve seen shop owner completely irrational and totally in the wrong. But we will never know.

My only point was calling out the ridiculousness of everyone wanting to say **** that shop for something so small.

Now, your scenario wouldve played out differently. We all know it would have. When you go into a shop ready to drop over a thousand bucks, youre going to present yourself differently. Shops pick up on that. Its not really hard.

I was dressed in shorts and a T-shirt that day, and not wearing a suit and tie or in professional attire like some of the other customers. But so what. Just because I only stopped by there for a couple of transfers, didn't mean I wouldn't be back to buy some guns (were I treated properly). And just because I was dressed in shorts and a T-shirt didn't mean I don't have the resources to buy a gun in that store.

So, it sounds like the owner just looked down on me based on my "presentation" and thought "yeah I can treat him like shit" because he looks like he's poor as hell. Thanks for the insight. The owner would be dead wrong about that.

This is the first business I've seen where the customer has to dress up to be respected by the owner.

Top Bottom