Capitol Armory ad

Name something you aint had to eat in a long time, but like to eat.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Tri tip sandwich from Firestone Grill in San Luis Obispo, CA and Fish & Chips from Splash Cafe in Pismo Beach, CA. Been about 8 years I think since I was there.
    I always went with the clam chowder sourdough bowl. My sister has a condo just north of Splash that we'd stay at.
    I miss abalone diving in Nor Cal and BBQ fresh abalone.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I haven't had steak & eggs with toast for lunch for a long time - and you guys in this thread and all those in the ham vs. CFS thread, got me hungry - so I made myself a nice lunch. I filleted a NY Strip steak from about 1.5 to 3/4", salted it and threw it into a pan of very hot melted butter. Cooked it to about medium or a tad less (cooked too much since I like bloody medium rare but I was involved in three things at once), then threw in three eggs just before the steak was ready, cooked them high and fast and over easy. Plopped it all out on my plate, then, I threw two slices of soft Jewish rye into pan fry in the butter and steak juices. Put the eggs atop a slice of the bread and mixed em together by slicing & dicing that one piece into the eggs. Seasoned it all with a bit of garlic powder and black pepper. Then took a seat and dove into it. The mongrel Skye got three pieces of the steak too (without the pepper & garlic - well maybe a bit but I wiped most off).

123.jpg

It may not have looked to pretty all just plopped together onto my plate but I was about to eat it - not decorate with it unless eating is decorating the inside of my stomach. Damn best lunch I have had in months, maybe in over a year - a true bachelor's special if ever there was one. Only thing that maybe could have made it taste better would have been to have prepared it and eaten it out in the middle of nowhere, while camping, after a night of carousing and then having it for a late breakfast.

Attachments

• 123.jpg
      123.jpg
      2 MB · Views: 547

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    ...how bout these for hors d'oeuvres: The nipples of 14 year old Samoan virgins glazed with honey and baked jusssssst right and skewered with tooth picks for convenience in noshing?

You lost me when you proffered them as being from 14 year old children; I am not at all into pedophilia and that applies even in any joking manner. I certainly am not a prude but I find it rather repulsive and less than acceptable for anyone to bring up, on this site in jest or not, any sort of illicit act with minors.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I always went with the clam chowder sourdough bowl. My sister has a condo just north of Splash that we'd stay at.
    I miss abalone diving in Nor Cal and BBQ fresh abalone.

Chowder in a sourdough bowl is where it's at! I went to school in SLO so I got to live in the area for 5 years. I love Texas without a doubt but the central coast is my most favorite place in the world.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    You lost me when you proffered them as being from 14 year old children; I am not at all into pedophilia and that applies even in any joking manner. I certainly am not a prude but I find it rather repulsive and less than acceptable for anyone to bring up, on this site in jest or not, any sort of illicit act with minors.

Had to unhide to see what you were quoting. What in the actual f uck.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Ive been craven some pork adobo over a bed of white rice. It's been almost 25years since ive had it. The Philoppino cooks on my ship in the Navy could make some kick ass pork adobo. Besides surf & turf day, that was one of my favorite meals.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Chowder in a sourdough bowl is where it's at! I went to school in SLO so I got to live in the area for 5 years. I love Texas without a doubt but the central coast is my most favorite place in the world.
    Where's you gp to school? Cal Poly or Cuesta? I lived north of there just outside of Monterey and worked in Salinas. Worked for Fresh Express.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Aw don't be like that. Texas is home and where I plan to be buried. :)
    Try looking at it from my side.
    Never got mail at a zip code that wasn't 79***.
    Y'all "only bringing the good things".
    It's still changing. It's changing fast.
    Not all good either.
    Sigh. I'm being pushed aside. Squeezed between the west coast and the southern border. Pressure building on the northern ridge. I'll bitch and moan and carry on. Another new world misfit longing for what used to be. Ass kickings and black eyes without jail or lawyers. Long dirt roads without security lights and cameras. A gunshot in the night meant a coyote or rattler had died, no gang violence or bad drug deals. Simple times. Happier times.

**** technology

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I can respect that. Not everyone had the privilege to be born here. At least my kids did.

It's a helluva thing realizing you don't belong in the place you were born and raised. I have that in common with my Polish and German ancestors I guess.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Try looking at it from my side.
    Never got mail at a zip code that wasn't 79***.
    Y'all "only bringing the good things".
    It's still changing. It's changing fast.
    Not all good either.
    Sigh. I'm being pushed aside. Squeezed between the west coast and the southern border. Pressure building on the northern ridge. I'll bitch and moan and carry on. Another new world misfit longing for what used to be. Ass kickings and black eyes without jail or lawyers. Long dirt roads without security lights and cameras. A gunshot in the night meant a coyote or rattler had died, no gang violence or bad drug deals. Simple times. Happier times.

**** technology

Poetry, bittersweet. Thanks Vaquero

jconn465

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2020
    Mesquite
    Over priced and Overrated I’m kinda missing IHOP & Waffle House. Well in a Redneck kinda way. Or my Ex’s Biscuits and Gravy. Don’t tell her I said mmm mmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom